All Great Cities Fall, All that is =Lost= is Found, All Green Republics.... turn Yellow?

iLike.

One question though, is there a plan to reduce the size of the senate in the future? With the four ministers, Triumvir and senate the government seems rather large.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308548345' post='2735598']
Hey, I seem to remember in NPO's surrender in the Karma war, they had to abandon any claims to AAs other then their regular AA and their cadet and applicant AAs.

Athens, GR, and LOST all had their signatures on that.

The circumstances and intentions might be different, but whats up, kettle?
[/quote]
I imagine the difference is that TLR didn't just lose the Karma war. Be sure to impose those terms on them in the future, though.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens were our brothers through thick and thin for years. I am forever honored and proud to have served with you all on many occasions. From the trials and tribulations of Karma to the long grind that was Cluster$%&@ to the unnavigable grey area nuke fest that was the PB-NpO war, you have never once wavered in your commitment to Greece. You have done more for us than most alliances have done for themselves, and we are eternally grateful for your support, cooperation, and friendship. Even though you are passing on, you will forever be the 2nd best Greece in our hearts.

o/ Athens
o/ Greece

Hey, I seem to remember in NPO's surrender in the Karma war, they had to abandon any claims to AAs other then their regular AA and their cadet and applicant AAs.

[/quote]
if you wish to contest the protection of the Greenland Republic AA you can do so over my dead body

Also, I don't believe NPO had AA's it was protecting as tributes to the past? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And, since they are protecting those that were protected previously, the NAAC AA remains protected as well as a result.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1308550150' post='2735634']
meow
[/quote]

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1308550243' post='2735638']
Get a load of this guy. What a clown.

Good luck to you crazy survivors, also, LOST sucks.
[/quote]

:wub: you both.

:>

[/quote]

Your invective hasn't been made any less meaningless by your transition from a worthless alliance to a larger but equally worthless alliance. Stop talking.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1308550921' post='2735648']
if you wish to contest the protection of the Greenland Republic AA you can do so over my dead body

Also, I don't believe NPO had AA's it was protecting as tributes to the past? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And, since they are protecting those that were protected previously, the NAAC AA remains protected as well as a result.
[/quote]

I think if you had read, you might realize that it is not so much a continued protection as it is indefinite ownership. I've got nothing against that, but it just struck me as odd that at one point, they signed a document that barred another alliance from maintaining such claims, even if those claims were made with different motives.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1308555959' post='2735702']
Your invective hasn't been made any less meaningless by your transition from a worthless alliance to a larger but equally worthless alliance. Stop talking.
[/quote]

But of course Crymson, my alliance is so much worse then yours, probably because of the way that we don't abandon allies and piggy up to others to ensure that we are in the winning crowd.

With [i]witty and insightful[/i] commentary like that, not to mention your [ooc]expansive vocabulary and smug criticism of grammar,[/ooc] perhaps people will one day forget how poorly you performed when they allowed you to lead that trainwreck of an alliance you're in.

Perhaps one day, right?

Edited by memoryproblems

[/quote]
Wow, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

That term in the surrender agreement of the Karma War was in response to numerous instances where NPO (NpO, GGA and TPF had also joined in, on different occasions) had declared that any alliance forming under particular names - LUE and NAAC as the prime examples - was strictly forbidden, under the penalty of war. In effect, NPO was in control of those AAs, and in control for two reasons: i) to prevent opponents re-materialising against the hegemony of the time, and ii) simple vindictiveness. It was political, and something that everyone has moved on from - as far as I'm aware, NPO doesn't care about those AAs, and anyone that wanted to reform old alliances has now done so. It was closure, for both sides.

There is a world of difference between what went on there, and a merged alliance wishing to preserve the former alliance affiliations of its components.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1308542283' post='2735431']
I am honored and blessed to be a leader of this amazing group of individuals. The world has not yet seen a force as great as ours now that we are united as one.

o/ The Last Remnants!
[/quote]
Hopefully you've still got a bit of growing to do, because so far it isn't terribly impressive.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1308555959' post='2735702']
[/quote]

What's TOP done lately to have worth? Join a curbstomp and make absolutely no difference in the most recent war, or, Pre-empt CnG and get your arses handed to you?

Yeah, you definately deserve a medal...

[quote name='Silhouette' timestamp='1308542992' post='2735465']
Who [b][i]didn't[/i][/b][i] [/i]know about this weeks ago...
[/quote]

Duncan King.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308557389' post='2735706']
we don't abandon allies and piggy up to others to ensure that we are in the winning crowd.
[/quote]

Err...

While I am sad to see old friends go, I am glad to see new friends join old friends and what will, hopefully, be something grand. Even with Rush, Shamed and jgoods. I would also hope our agreement with Athens transfers.

Edited by potato

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1308575931' post='2735790']
You know I still don't think protecting the Athens name is fair, what am I supposed to name the best Greece now, Thrace?? :P

Good luck, etc guys. :)
[/quote]

You could go for

Thessaloniki
Dodecanesos
Peloponnesos