Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

We weren’t complaining that you were warring, it was the most active this place has been. The real complaint was seeing ODN (granted, non obligatory) not chain off of STAs declaration- you know damn well had they of been on a rolling coalition (like this one), they would’ve said yes.

it was swing the likes of VE in the oculus bloc, while back channels words of comfort to their allies in Sparta. Spineless to voice their opinions off of fear of being ditched themselves.

you talk about being great allies, demon spawn in R&R felt otherwise of Oculus and your actions, nonetheless it’s selective hearing.

I don't recall having any fear toward voicing opinions. I also never really considered us a swing (I tend not to hold grudges or have a deep set commitment/ambition to oppose people in this game), so our willingness to be friendly to various parties might have contributed to such a perception. At the onset of the bloc, there were concerns among Viridians about putting all of our efforts into one bloc given the tendency of blocs to dissolve (such as our prior experience in Pandora's Box). Sadly the choices of our non-Oculus relationships weren't compatible, but concerns on seeking external relationships faded over time due to our satisfaction with the bloc. I suppose the hypothetical case of being thrown out of Oculus would leave VE in a terrible place defense wise, but its not something I intend to plan for. If there were such a strong division that might get us thrown out, I would like to think it would be where we make a final stand before dissolving--- which is acceptable to me.... though I cannot imagine what such a division would be at this point. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Supreme 142 said:

I don't recall having any fear toward voicing opinions. I also never really considered us a swing (I tend not to hold grudges or have a deep set commitment/ambition to oppose people in this game), so our willingness to be friendly to various parties might have contributed to such a perception. At the onset of the bloc, there were concerns among Viridians about putting all of our efforts into one bloc given the tendency of blocs to dissolve (such as our prior experience in Pandora's Box). Sadly the choices of our non-Oculus relationships weren't compatible, but concerns on seeking external relationships faded over time due to our satisfaction with the bloc. I suppose the hypothetical case of being thrown out of Oculus would leave VE in a terrible place defense wise, but its not something I intend to plan for. If there were such a strong division that might get us thrown out, I would like to think it would be where we make a final stand before dissolving--- which is acceptable to me.... though I cannot imagine what such a division would be at this point. 

I am glad to see you represented at the very least in this conversation, it is critical that we all at least have an open air environment to find out what way we can end this world.

8 hours ago, Supreme 142 said:

If there were such a strong division that might get us thrown out, I would like to think it would be where we make a final stand before dissolving--- which is acceptable to me.... though I cannot imagine what such a division would be at this point. 

Good to hear from VE. And this quote right here sums up everything. You're either Oculus or tied to Oculus or there's no point.

51 minutes ago, Thrash said:

Good to hear from VE. And this quote right here sums up everything. You're either Oculus or tied to Oculus or there's no point.

Come join AfNGistan

We're having a great time :D

12 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

I'm an arctic storm dragon.. and I like very much where I be. What you don't see here is that all of my partners in the NPO and I do not merely collaborate on Bob. These are my brothers and sisters... not just in this world's trenches.

The world of Petram.. now rather defunct as it is.. was once dominated by me. You think Death Adder is rough? On that world I was a tyrant undefeated in battle.. not war.. in battle.. through two world wars that sought to dethrone my control over it. We literally shattered the largest alliances and scattered them by selectively applying terms and appealing to their best self-interests.  And that's saying something given in that world you actually had to fight and plan the battles. You had to want it, you had to earn victory.

Pity I accidentally disbanded the entire alliance when I was trying to conduct the transition of power to @Antiega (the admin had no means estabilished of doing so) when I had gotten bored of the world and decided it was time to depart. I... ahem.. try to leave that bit out of the national history texts, it's a bit inconvenient. It implies I might be fallible and we can't have that.

Pacific governance is best governance, it always will be and, again, it's because of who we are, how we operate, and our motives to be the best at what we are and can be. You call us destroyers.. yet we have built ourselves up massively. Yet, we don't cling to these pixels. I am the first one to give or take a nuke when given a chance. I love war. I keep lamenting how I have no one to eat anymore. The entities that kept us in check have been destroyed by our continual march towards internal refinement, growth, and efficiency. 

In summary. Mother Paficia does it best. I was born under her wings in this world, and now as this world ages and tires, I will return the favor in my strength.

Yet on this world you’re a bloviating sap with 30% the casualties I have, at an infra level I never dreamed of achieving. You’re the product of years worth of free growth and avoiding battles. There is no merit to that.

Edited by kerschbs

2 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Yet on this world you’re a bloviating sap with 30% the casualties I have, at an infra level I never dreamed of achieving. You’re the product of years worth of free growth and avoiding battles. There is no merit to that.

Less than 0.4% of the game has more casualties than me.  And that comes from someone who has been at 20k infra and 20k tech 

(200k strength smells, come back to 40k)

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

Less than 0.4% of the game has more casualties than me.  And that comes from someone who has been at 20k infra and 20k tech 

(200k strength smells, come back to 40k)

He’s much, much, bigger than 200kns. It’s hard work avoiding that many wars and accepting free tech and aid for years on end. How taxing!

15 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

In your specific case your huge total land exacerbates your solitude (against what nations and alliances did you collect it, by the way?)

Most of it I believe came out of Umbrella and TOP's hide. Crymson took a fairly brutal beating from me.

After your reply I was curious to see how that fared for Crymson (stats before and after) vs yourself and I was surprised by what I found.

According to Carnivore you last fought against Crymson in 2013 (Umbrella nations ~8 months earlier than then), but any land you might have raided at the time has long gone, as your purchased land was 0 on December, 3rd 2016. Your (purchased) land then grew rapidly and was exactly at 59,692.133 (today's exact level) 15 days later, i.e. on Dec 18th, 2016. In that short span you had 9 wars, all with NPO nations (6 of them). You had no more wars since then.

You have the 4th ranked nation in the NPO (5th overall) and the three NPO nations above your one were all engaged against the same NPO nations in the same days you were. (I didn't check other NPO land heavy nations with less NS than your one).

The only possible conclusion is that you didn't gain your current land in war against other alliances, you farmed land in intra-alliance wars that were most likely organized exactly to that end.

Disclaimer: all of the above is exact to the best of my knowledge, as far as Carnivore's records are exact. I can't take any responsibility for the use that anyone might do with the results of my research.

59 minutes ago, jerdge said:

The only possible conclusion is that you didn't gain your current land in war against other alliances, you farmed land in intra-alliance wars that were most likely organized exactly to that end.

Excellent worldly mechanics at work.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

After your reply I was curious to see how that fared for Crymson (stats before and after) vs yourself and I was surprised by what I found.

According to Carnivore you last fought against Crymson in 2013 (Umbrella nations ~8 months earlier than then), but any land you might have raided at the time has long gone, as your purchased land was 0 on December, 3rd 2016. Your (purchased) land then grew rapidly and was exactly at 59,692.133 (today's exact level) 15 days later, i.e. on Dec 18th, 2016. In that short span you had 9 wars, all with NPO nations (6 of them). You had no more wars since then.

You have the 4th ranked nation in the NPO (5th overall) and the three NPO nations above your one were all engaged against the same NPO nations in the same days you were. (I didn't check other NPO land heavy nations with less NS than your one).

Disclaimer: all of the above is exact to the best of my knowledge, as far as Carnivore's records are exact. I can't take any responsibility for the use that anyone might do with the results of my research.

Oh boy oh boy.  Sure smells like an exploit to me.  War slot filling or something far more sinister.  Do we have any info on the nations involved in this scheme?  Do they still exist?

Excellent digging.

Just now, Master Hakai said:

It was probably something more sinister than war slot filling, because that might be on the list of TOP 5 LEAST SINISTER THINGS OF ALL TIME

https://cybernations.lyricalz.com/war?nation1=237759&nation2=

See enclosed

No War since that point in time.

https://cybernations.lyricalz.com/destruction?nation=237759

Definitely looks like farming to me.

NPO is so serious about peaceful growth it has farmed itself out of range of every other nation in the world. For those who would rather never have to worry about war again, Pacifica should be a top choice as Bob's premier neutral alliance.

Nice try, GPA, but you never could figure out how to avoid war like those wily Pacificans.

6 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Except.. everyone in Pacifica knows my war record. I've been active in every war I was able since I entered this world on 2008.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

5 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Oh boy oh boy.  Sure smells like an exploit to me.  War slot filling or something far more sinister.  Do we have any info on the nations involved in this scheme?  Do they still exist?

Excellent digging.

Stewie got you the links above here, although it's actually some very old news at this point.  Nobody really said anything at the time of that either, certainly not admin.  Although for one, I remember Caladin was one nation on the receiving, donating end of that.  Oddly enough thanks to Samus, we have concrete EVIDENCE of the truth for now while history revisionists (like Maelstrom Vortex, who pretend like they've never ever obeyed orders to go to peace mode before) can and will try to do their thing all they want.

In their defense though, the nations on the receiving end took *actual* damage so it's likely not war-slot filling either.  Similar things were arranged with other alliances besides NPO that had members quitting as well, who decided on that instead of going "rouge." 

Now of course alliances like NPO and RON would certainly rather have quitting nations do the same, instead of fully supporting the independence and independent actions of its member and former member nations, especially when it comes to being "rouge."  Apparently ITT being "rouge" can even get you IP banned from RON!  This is in spite of news that RON is supposedly pretty "chill" and "laid back."

2 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Except.. everyone in Pacifica knows my war record. I've been active in every war I was able since I entered this world on 2008.

I am sure it is mere coincidence you have grown out of range of nearly every nation on Bob. Such a shame you will only ever be able talk about warring from your lofty perch.