Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials

36 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

There are always exceptions, but such activity was rampant and, to be honest, expected human nature.  I don't know of anyone who actively went out of their way to report friends in any case.

I once reported myself, does that count? (I hadn't gone mad, it was half jokingly and because I had inadvertently grave-dug a thread, which I was asking to please lock.)

More seriously, not reporting friends is compatible with reporting people indifferent to you without IC second reasons.

We're way off topic anyway, and this issue is boring, thus I'll stop here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, jerdge said:

I know that it's not what you meant to write, but still... This made me smile.

Don't be so certain. I do not attest that my own works are in any ways literary masterpieces. After all, you can't much respond to garbage but with more and a landfill.

As for the landing operations. If you know someone is on the way out of this world and you helped build their nation, donated to them, and they agree to be raided to recuperate that investment and you are not in the middle of a war so that slot filling is not an issue,  why should this even be an issue? Oh wait, it's not. The only reason it's an issue at all is because it meant someone in the opposition was put at a disadvantage (a completely fair one), any rational and objective third party would understand that this is basic and fair asset recapture, but hey.. 

.. I did say something about morality on this forum.

Again, I suspect the people who were refused in the past either were attempting to legitimately abuse the system and did not have the consent of a player leaving the game or simply didn't do the leg/paper work to show their desires legitimate. I refuse to discuss specific moderation activity and decisions, but I know that they have access to a lot more information about where such assets came from than the leaders of our nations, if you elect not to trust them or believe they have stopped being effective at all the question then becomes...

Why are you still here?

And I do not say that to encourage anyone to leave.. it is a genuine question. If you believe that this world is that far gone, what's the point?

There are other worlds you could flee to that Pacifica is also for the most part dominating and even some where we aren't!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

1 hour ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

As for the landing operations. If you know someone is on the way out of this world and you helped build their nation, donated to them, and they agree to be raided to recuperate that investment and you are not in the middle of a war so that slot filling is not an issue,  why should this even be an issue? Oh wait, it's not. The only reason it's an issue at all is because it meant someone in the opposition was put at a disadvantage (a completely fair one), any rational and objective third party would understand that this is basic and fair asset recapture, but hey.. 

.. I did say something about morality on this forum.

Again, I suspect the people who were refused in the past either were attempting to legitimately abuse the system and did not have the consent of a player leaving the game or simply didn't do the leg/paper work to show their desires legitimate. I refuse to discuss specific moderation activity and decisions, but I know that they have access to a lot more information about where such assets came from than the leaders of our nations, if you elect not to trust them or believe they have stopped being effective at all the question then becomes...

Why are you still here?

And I do not say that to encourage anyone to leave.. it is a genuine question. If you believe that this world is that far gone, what's the point?

There are other worlds you could flee to that Pacifica is also for the most part dominating and even some where we aren't!

I don't know if you're asking to me specifically - I guess you're not - however I'm not going to bother answering either way.

As for the land stuff, the part about the providing party having to be on their way out is clearly absurd, and in no way it could be justified as a requirement. The staff never ever protected any nation from harm for any reason, they didn't even reimburse those that had been hit and damaged by gangs which were operating with illicitly amassed tech. The requirement you cite would have been utter bullcrap.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

I don't know if you're asking to me specifically - I guess you're not - however I'm not going to bother answering either way.

As for the land stuff, the part about the providing party having to be on their way out is clearly absurd, and in no way it could be justified as a requirement. The staff never ever protected any nation from harm for any reason, they didn't even reimburse those that had been hit and damaged by gangs which were operating with illicitly amassed tech. The requirement you cite would have been utter bullcrap.

This isn't a mere case of protection from harm.. this is a case where mass investment was performed by players on each other, not mere self-development. I agree if it were just a case of protection from personal loss by conventional acts of war or interaction within the world, it'd be absurd, but this ignores the fact that people were intentionally sacrificing their nations and funds to develop others. 

We can't control who leaves or when they have to leave or how they leave or who dies. I again state that the only reason others haven't benefit.. is they never went through the required motions or believed it possible to ask, and that kept them in the box their perceptions created for them.

Case and Point, me defecting on Pacifica is different from a factor outside of this world removing me from it permanently, one is actual political fallout and damage, the other is not of this world..  and the value they have invested in me as a weapon of war to just outright lose would be phenomenal. If I wanted to leave the world for some reason I'd be asking for ways of migrating that back to those who helped me as well.

You are correct, the questions where rhetorical, meant for introspection for anyone who held the belief that the moderation team is truly "on the take" or rigged.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

7 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

if you elect not to trust them or believe they have stopped being effective at all the question then becomes...

Why are you still here?

I'm here to expose you for what you are, a fraud.

NPO could never dream to dominate any of the worlds with actual merit.  You are a tiny cult who have a presence in a few tiny games.  CN is still at the core, and once had a degree of significance, but no longer.  NPO's glory is long gone and never will be again, your legacy will largely die with CN.

5 hours ago, jerdge said:

Neutrality is the weakness, why give you anything if you aren't the primary billpayer?