Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials

And yeah, I'm sure I've had more wars in single global conflicts than you have across your entire history, even including the land cheating.  It was a long time ago, but I remember fighting - I sure as **** had to, being an alliance leader and everything, I can't send my people to war and hide (this is obvious, but it's nothing you've had any experience with), so I have had plenty of wars in my time. 

I won't be talked down to by a cheating coward, who brags about valor which was, in fact, stolen.  And certainly not by someone who's a member of the Bad Dragon Frequent Shopper Club.

Carnivore apparently does not include my 64Digits days, to my ultimate disappointment.  Damn, do I feel old.  Would have liked to see those stats.  RI5 only goes back to 2013 so no luck there either.  

Spoiler

Because I am on a trip down memory lane, I want to post the war decs.  BBC has not been kind to these old relics.

For those counting at home, that's a response time of two days.  God, these are great, with IRC quotes in sigs and everything, what an era.  What a ****ing era.  **** you, Maelstrom.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, LJ Scott said:

Exactly. If you actually wanted to you would have, but you didn't therefore you didn't. 

It's cute that you're actually lacking in wars that much that you resort to bragging about wanting to be involved with a war rather than actually bragging about a war you've been involved in.

The reason they're possibly questioning your war record is your compulsion to cite carnivore as some sort of tombstone to the destruction you've wrought on Bob. When in fact it largely just highlights that some chums gifted you land:

Y0IWPyF.png

Literally 1 in 4 of your wars recorded into carnivore are just the exchanges above where you ground attack your chum, they rebuy land and repeat - . Hell a fifth of the destruction recorded into your carnivore record is those 9 "wars" above. Without those you've wrought an impressive 436K of NS destruction (rounded up for you!) The vast majority of everything else is little scuffles with beleaguered nations.

"b-b-but I fought notable forum poster and former leader of TOP Crymson!" - yeah and caused 15.4K NS of destruction.

"b-b-b-but what about when I fought notable forum poster and general turd munch Halflinger?!?!" - and dealt a whopping 4.5K of NS destruction.

I would guesstimate that you've probably caused more NS to be wiped off Bob by people reading some of your cringey posts and deleting their nations than you have through actual conflict.

Ouch, the savagery. Who would have thought the dragon was mostly bark, very little bite (besides literally everyone.) 

Edit: so it looks like you’ve only paid for about a quarter of the tech you’ve imported as well. So not only is your damage done fairly unimpressive, but it looks like NPO literally built your entire nation for you. You’re not a scary dragon, you’re  a blowhard who was brought up by your betters in the machine that is NPO. You’ve done shockingly little on your own merit. 

Edited by kerschbs

19 hours ago, Stewie said:

You're part of a global order that thrives on killing any life left on bob focusing instead on stagnation.  And you whine at us about draining life.

I did try to warn you guys about hitching your wagon to that pony.

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Do you "know" this in the same way you "knew" you got all your land fighting Crymson until Carnivore exposed you for cheating?  Your brags are empty, and they will always be as such.  You are exposed as a fraud.  I imagine when I was busy putting my nation on the line fighting GOONS and MK back in the day, on your side and in your god ****ing ****ed defense, you were probably hiding in peace mode as a "bank" or whatever.

You are the worst kind of degenerate being, bragging about things you did not earn and were too cowardly to earn, all while roleplaying as a dragon as some sort of weird fetish.  You are objectively one of the worst and most loathsome characters anyone in this world has ever had the supreme displeasure of having to interact with.

I said I didn't remember where I got it from, but that I thought I got it from fighting Crymson.  You're hillarious Hero.. thinking I care.. what you think. Also, you don't speak for the number of people you think you do, I mean.. you think I have an ego? Feigning to speak for everyone, yo're hilarious. It's like you think you can put any form of psychological pressure on me whatsoever.

You are a gnat to be crushed beneath my boots. That is what I think of your opinions.

Now that we agree that each other suck.. if you wish to continue to waste your breath, by all means.. but I'm just going to let your drivel bounce from my scales.

3 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Ouch, the savagery. Who would have thought the dragon was mostly bark, very little bite (besides literally everyone.) 

Edit: so it looks like you’ve only paid for about a quarter of the tech you’ve imported as well. So not only is your damage done fairly unimpressive, but it looks like NPO literally built your entire nation for you. You’re not a scary dragon, you’re  a blowhard who was brought up by your betters in the machine that is NPO. You’ve done shockingly little on your own merit. 

You need to be asking other questions.. like.. why..... 

... but you won't. Truth's to painful for your propaganda. It is also the reason why none of you dissenters can hope to phase me.

You want to see me bite? Close rank. Oh wait.. you and Hero are both craters who can never hope to close rank.... damn... such the pity. Wonder why that is.

PS. It's not the landing program... though it is a tiny fraction... there is much more to it, than that. As a side note.. a lot worse has been done in this world than the authorized landing program.. and Pacifica did none of it. Your alliance is even responsible for some of it.... but you don't dig into that do you?

You want to talk about things that truly do cause the leaders of nations to take flight, I recommend you begin with introspection. Get that giant mote out of your eye before you try to wrest the splinter from mine.

I conjecture.. you don't even know what this war is.. truly.. about still... and your 'friends' won't tell you.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The number of people left that I could possibly speak for is vanishingly small anymore.  But the few of us who remain seem to be on the same page on the matter.

This world is a gnat compared to what it used to be, your threats are empty, and if they weren't, they would still be be meaningless.  You are a coward with an allergy to war, you talk too much and have no experience to match your words.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:28 PM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

HeroofTime's definition of cheating: "I didn't think of trying this strategy."

But you.. Hero.. you've only ever belonged to groups of questionable affinities constantly second guessing each other and failing to share a solid, established thrust. Thus, you cannot rise. You burned so many bridges.. a network does not remain to sustain you.

RIA.. for example.. only consists of bands of outcasts whose past extreme and duplicitous behavior lead them to all share something in common, they needed each other to have a hope of being meaningful. Even more so at the world's end under the third Constitution.

Before you think that excessively dismissive.. it's perfectly fine to be in it for yourself, and to try to stand independently.. but in this world, collaboration is king. Sadly, it's a bit late in the progression of this world to waken to that realization.. but I might be wrong.. it may drift along for another decade before annihilation. I am at this point incredibly reluctant to be participant of any kind of doom-saying when it comes to how long this reality remains in tact.

Argue whether or not the strategy is effective, there can be no argument that resorting to DBDC's strategy is certainly a moral shortcoming rather than figuring out a way to counteract it considering the size difference and political weights between the parties over the past 5 years. (Hint: go calculate the cost of being at war with your tech level even while turtling).

Individuals have been a primary driver of the entire planet, it is silly to think beyond economics that hiveminds make sense to keep anything interesting. You are also naively linking HoT and by extension all of our members history's as part of the same thing, when for about half the game lifespan the majority were elsewhere, and now exist as an internal community which will remain far beyond this planet. We don't need other worlds to retain our friendships.

As for discussion of nation ranges that is not a favorable one for the majority of alliances under a certain level, since most of the game realized growth is actually harmful at a certain point, cost benefits are a thing.

2 minutes ago, Mogar said:

Argue whether or not the strategy is effective, there can be no argument that resorting to DBDC's strategy is certainly a moral shortcoming rather than figuring out a way to counteract it considering the size difference and political weights between the parties over the past 5 years. (Hint: go calculate the cost of being at war with your tech level even while turtling).

Individuals have been a primary driver of the entire planet, it is silly to think beyond economics that hiveminds make sense to keep anything interesting. You are also naively linking HoT and by extension all of our members history's as part of the same thing, when for about half the game lifespan the majority were elsewhere, and now exist as an internal community which will remain far beyond this planet. We don't need other worlds to retain our friendships.

As for discussion of nation ranges that is not a favorable one for the majority of alliances under a certain level, since most of the game realized growth is actually harmful at a certain point, cost benefits are a thing.

Don't worry mogs. I will eventually come down to fight once my goals are achieved. Call it a bucket list before the world burns. There is no real morality on this world and if you knew what I did, you'd understand why I hold that view, regarding your first point...

I like hive minds. And yes, I know RIA will and does continue. I suppose you're right, linking RIA to HoT was a bit harsh.

There are such benefits, I agree,... you may note there are some aspects of my nation that are not to scale as my peers. There's a reason for that as well.

Good to see you here again Mogs. There is a reason.. that none of our adversary's morality and pity plays will reach my ears..

32 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

The number of people left that I could possibly speak for is vanishingly small anymore.  But the few of us who remain seem to be on the same page on the matter.

This world is a gnat compared to what it used to be, your threats are empty, and if they weren't, they would still be be meaningless.  You are a coward with an allergy to war, you talk too much and have no experience to match your words.

You literally know nothing about me to say that other than a half shod record that is only 1/2 of my nation's total duration. 

Thank you for trying to remain relevant, at least you entertain in your own scummy negative way.

Do you really want me to apologize for being out of reach of anyone the last 3 years?

Thinking your accomplishments in another game while this game is being discussed is rather silly. Especially when you haven't really accomplished anything in this game other than be handed things on a silver platter and cheating.  But I mean people keep you around because of your blind loyalty, its the kind of loyalty that you get from a kid who never got picked for anything that finally gets some attention from a group of people he is trying to hang out with.

10 minutes ago, Lysergide said:

Thinking your accomplishments in another game while this game is being discussed is rather silly. Especially when you haven't really accomplished anything in this game other than be handed things on a silver platter and cheating.  But I mean people keep you around because of your blind loyalty, its the kind of loyalty that you get from a kid who never got picked for anything that finally gets some attention from a group of people he is trying to hang out with.

Stale and horribly inaccurate.

21 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I'd say it hit pretty close to home, judging by the fact that you didn't write a short novel about it.

Psychoanaylsis +1

Score: 3 (It's a good thing I haven't made this a drinking game.)

When the commentary is so boring and rehashed.. that it doesn't alleviate even workplace boredom.. it doesn't merit an extensive response. There are about 3 pages of the same garbage. I just don't feel a need to repeat myself indefinitely. You want to be a bird sharpening their beak on a multi-ton mountain sized reptile, you go right ahead. Let me know how long it takes to whittle him away. There is already a short novel on it.. please learn to read.

PS: Avoid psychology, clearly not your strong suit. Stick to cheap jabs and insults on tenuous evidence while disregarding other key facts whilst performing insufficient research which requires holes being filled with wild assumptions that are usually provided by Lyser..... you're much better at co-opting other's work.

7 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Welp.

I've sent you 100 tech in apologies for spam in your inbox :)

Of all the responses I expected to get, that wasn't one of them.

I think that tech can be better used burning furries, NPO and (worst of all) furries in NPO.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Psychoanaylsis +1

Score: 3 (It's a good thing I haven't made this a drinking game.)

When the commentary is so boring and rehashed.. that it doesn't alleviate even workplace boredom.. it doesn't merit an extensive response. There are about 3 pages of the same garbage. I just don't feel a need to repeat myself indefinitely. You want to be a bird sharpening their beak on a multi-ton mountain sized reptile, you go right ahead. Let me know how long it takes to whittle him away. There is already a short novel on it.. please learn to read.

PS: Avoid psychology, clearly not your strong suit. Stick to cheap jabs and insults on tenuous evidence while disregarding other key facts whilst performing insufficient research which requires holes being filled with wild assumptions that are usually provided by Lyser..... you're much better at co-opting other's work.

Escapism back into the dragon fantasy.  

What is the "other key fact" that I am disregarding, that the mods gave you the green light to cheat?  Cheating allowed by the game-masters is still cheating.  My definition of whether or not it is a cheat is not conditional on whether or not the staff give NPO a free pass on something nobody else is allowed to do.  People have tried to raid their departing mates since the dawn of time and have always gotten punished for it.  Only NPO gets a free pass on it.

12 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

Of all the responses I expected to get, that wasn't one of them.

I think that tech can be better used burning furries, NPO and (worst of all) furries in NPO.

FARK shouldn't be being dragged into this.  I hope you guys are enjoying from the sidelines

1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

What is the "other key fact" that I am disregarding, that the mods gave you the green light to cheat?  Cheating allowed by the game-masters is still cheating.  

Don't worry. Some day we'll get that land purge. It'll be as long as we had to wait for the tech purge.

Edited by Thrash

5 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

What is the "other key fact" that I am disregarding, that the mods gave you the green light to cheat?  Cheating allowed by the game-masters is still cheating.  My definition of whether or not it is a cheat is not conditional on whether or not the staff give NPO a free pass on something nobody else is allowed to do.  People have tried to raid their departing mates since the dawn of time and have always gotten punished for it.  Only NPO gets a free pass on it.

Psychoanalysis: +1

Score: 4

It might be escapism.. cept.. everyone knows I'm a dragon and have been since I appeared int his world. You haven't proven no on else is or was allowed to do  the same thing. Therefore you have proven no cheating. Cite a case example where someone attempted the same thing and formally posted a request to them.

9 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

[...] There are about 3 pages of the same garbage. I just don't feel a need to repeat myself indefinitely. [...]

I know that it's not what you meant to write, but still... This made me smile.

8 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

People have tried to raid their departing mates since the dawn of time and have always gotten punished for it.  Only NPO gets a free pass on it.

Years ago a Mod told me that Pacifica was controlling the Mod team (by means of having many Mods among their members). Bear in mind that it was their own personal individual opinion, that I was never shown any evidence or document, thus this is basically hearsay. You'll also have to decide if I can be trusted.

Nonetheless, I know for a fact that the WTF used to DoW on their inactive members, and AFAIK they never suffered any serious consequences for it.

7 hours ago, Thrash said:

Don't worry. Some day we'll get that land purge. It'll be as long as we had to wait for the tech purge.

After pages of unchecked discussion of cheating and Mod bias, we can probably conclude that the staff almost completely abandoned this ship some time ago. I actually expect them to pop up sooner or later, though.

It would be nice if they did something (anything) to keep this board a minimum tidy, in fact, but years of death wishes, harassment and abuse, racist, discriminatory and hate-inciting comments with little to no consequence convinced me not to hold my breath.

5 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Hm, isn't this against the rules?  Not that the rules matter if you're NPO.

It indeed is against the rules, there are precedents about it. Although, well, see above about rules enforcement.

(It has to be said that stuff must be reported first, for rules to be enforced.)

(I might add that I stopped reporting because the Mod team is as responsive as a ghost town.)

Edited by jerdge
DoW *on*

If staff shows up, it will be to kindly ask us to settle down, and we'll comply for a handful of pages before finding a new line to cross.  They can't risk banning any of the few people who still bother to show up for small things, or even medium things anymore.  Even if you consider them in NPO's pocket, the game must be kept alive to keep NPO alive.

I somewhat don't mind the relative freedom, actually, it is way better than when we all used to use the mods as a weapon and report our enemies for whatever trivial OOC comment we noticed.  I wish some things were dealt with, but over all it's not the worst thing to happen.

1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

I somewhat don't mind the relative freedom, actually, it is way better than when we all used to use the mods as a weapon and report our enemies for whatever trivial OOC comment we noticed.  I wish some things were dealt with, but over all it's not the worst thing to happen.

I more or less agree, except where you said that "we all used to use the mods as a weapon". Not everyone (of those that actively filed reports) did that, I know for certain of at least one player doing it 100% honestly.

1 hour ago, jerdge said:

I more or less agree, except where you said that "we all used to use the mods as a weapon". Not everyone (of those that actively filed reports) did that, I know for certain of at least one player doing it 100% honestly.

There are always exceptions, but such activity was rampant and, to be honest, expected human nature.  I don't know of anyone who actively went out of their way to report friends in any case.