A Message from TLR

Why does anybody actually care? You're taking more fun out of an empty barrel of monkeys by treating this like it's something to outrage over. Don't like it? Elect your own senator and get payback or explain the situation or do whatever pleases you.

Edited by Drai

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1319470944' post='2831594']
Why does anybody actually care? You're taking more fun out of an empty barrel of monkeys by treating this like it's something to outrage over. Don't like it? Elect your own senator and get payback or explain the situation or do whatever pleases you.
[/quote]
^pretty much this.

I MEAN, the blockade on fun must hold strong!

OOC: In the 3 years+ i've been playing this game i haven't even noticed that team messages existed, this after i've been white (during the time TOOL was growing like a fungus and overtook m/'s senate seat so there was plenty of activity around), orange and aqua for the most part (which was the most active team colour for quite a while and with the most competition for the seats there was).
The fact that someone is FINALLY using a feature of the game outside what's thought to be the role of the feature is in no way a crime, tbh i see it as a breath of fresh air in eons and i don't know why people react so quickly in an attempt to shut it up /OOC

IC: meh.

[quote name='Wargarden' timestamp='1319463465' post='2831556']
Absolutely. I want people to understand, I have no ill will towards RIA or anyone in maroon as we're so new, I don't know who to hate on yet.

However, I'm a messanger. That is all. I am elected to maroon and will be happy to produce team messages for any alliance or bloc in maroon.

Before I even sent that message, I was getting flak from other senators about "you can't do that, no one does that, we don't do things that way." Well, welcome to the new maroon, I can, I will and do. I'm elected for all of maroon,not just the people that vote for me. They were just the first to ask to send a stupid message. Feel free to ask and I'll send out you're stupid message too. Consider me your voice. If you don't have a senator from your alliance...no problem. We're in this for eveyone. Some of the old ways of the senate are over while I'm elected. I'm not just here to sling sanctions. There's more that can be done. Maroon needs to be more dynamic, not just insular. And you're old senators were happy with that status quo. I am not.

Also, I've been threatened with war(which dude is seruious), heard all sorts of boohooing and received lots of hatemail for that message. Don't think I'm too dense to know what that message was gonna do. As a senator, I'm objective and neutral towards it. As a member of MEAT Im dissappointed that we are apologising for something, which was obvious and childish, because it was , gasp* obvious and childish. Come on folks, not everything in this game has to be good manners and rubbing each other's balls.

Pot stirred. And you all now have something stupid to argue and talk about. You're welcome
[/quote]

I'm proud to have voted for you. Tell me if that guy rogues you. I'll be happy to make him suck a few nukes for you.

Absolutely. I want people to understand, I have no ill will towards RIA or anyone in maroon as we're so new, I don't know who to hate on yet.

However, I'm a messanger. That is all. I am elected to maroon and will be happy to produce team messages for any alliance or bloc in maroon.

Before I even sent that message, I was getting flak from other senators about "you can't do that, no one does that, we don't do things that way." Well, welcome to the new maroon, I can, I will and do. I'm elected for all of maroon,not just the people that vote for me. They were just the first to ask to send a stupid message. Feel free to ask and I'll send out you're stupid message too. Consider me your voice. If you don't have a senator from your alliance...no problem. We're in this for eveyone. Some of the old ways of the senate are over while I'm elected. I'm not just here to sling sanctions. There's more that can be done. Maroon needs to be more dynamic, not just insular. And you're old senators were happy with that status quo. I am not.

Also, I've been threatened with war(which dude is seruious), heard all sorts of boohooing and received lots of hatemail for that message. Don't think I'm too dense to know what that message was gonna do. As a senator, I'm objective and neutral towards it. As a member of MEAT Im dissappointed that we are apologising for something, which was obvious and childish, because it was , gasp* obvious and childish. Come on folks, not everything in this game has to be good manners and rubbing each other's balls.

Pot stirred. And you all now have something stupid to argue and talk about. You're welcome
[/quote]

Maroon needs strong leadership. Maroon needs Wargarden. Wargarden for Maroon Senate Nov '11.

Also, why anyone would apologize for calling RIA out for being spineless is beyond me. Thank you, Wargarden, for representing my views as a proud maroon constituent

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1319479447' post='2831638']
Maroon needs strong leadership. Maroon needs Wargarden. Wargarden for Maroon Senate Nov '11.

Also, why anyone would apologize for calling RIA out for being spineless is beyond me. Thank you, Wargarden, for representing my views as a proud maroon constituent
[/quote]

QFT. Also now all we need is a blue team Senator to do this for NpO. :awesome:

I have no idea what anyone involved in this entire incident (esp. posting ITT) was thinking.

I'm mean, honestly, what do these even mean?
[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1319416214' post='2831228']
very classy TLR!
[/quote]

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1319422412' post='2831295']
A solid display of civility and maturity; cheers TLR. Bacon and beer for all!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I like this guy.

I am elected to maroon and will be happy to produce team messages for any alliance or bloc in maroon. [/quote]

As a maroon alliance, the Ministry of Finance requests Wargarden post on the team message board announcing the Ministry's boycott and demanding maroon's surrender.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1319434865' post='2831441']
Does anyone else find it ironic that someone was spamming maroon team messages who wasn't endorsed by the Solidarity Pact for an Allied Maroon?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I find it just as ironic that a different senator was spamming the maroon team messages who wasn't endorsed by MEAT.[/color]

[quote name='Apophis775' timestamp='1319447994' post='2831500']
I guess I may feel this way because I'm "new" to gov and the OWF (I was in RIA gov a few years back, but left to goto college), but I think that if there are disputes between alliances and they aren't going to be dealt with in private, they should at least be kept to the OWF. There is no reason to involve more people than necessary.[/quote]
[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1319464789' post='2831560']
:facepalm:

EDIT: nice way to turn the message board into another OWF... We have probably very different views regarding the dignity, propriety, wisdom and respect that should be proper for a Senator.
[/quote]
Things like this are not kept to the OWF, they are talked about on alliance forums, IRC, etc. all the time.

Senate messages have a lot of untapped potential for fun that isn't being used. I respect TLR for not wanting to dump on a former ally or ally of an ally, but the idea that this somehow violated the sanctity of color messages and the Senate is ridiculous. Parish the thought that the Senate be used for more than just sanctioning rogues!

[/quote]
I like your spirit, keep it up!

Edited by Azaghul

[/quote]

There's a whole lot I like in this post.

I don't accept this pathetic excuse for an apology. I will not be satisfied until each of the TLR Triums present sacrificial offerings and grovel at my feet. Also, I want money. And if you have attractive sisters, throw them in, too. Same goes for your mothers. Oh, do you have any valuable collectibles? Comic books, maybe?

o/ TLR!

-Craig