A Message from TLR

[quote name='Amoshi' timestamp='1319775396' post='2833398']
Very good. Let me get you an apple. The elephant barbs his tusks in preparation for the mosquito land on his buttocks.

Hmm. A spy report earlier today seemed to state that I had the same amount in my coffers as he. Armed with this, I believe the above to be more accurate. Jgoods, did you ever try running for Maroon senate? Might have a better chance of getting any respect from me.
[/quote]

It still doesnt make any sense. You never were able to hit him. And because you arent able to hit him, hes a coward. Look, i dont know you, no idea who you are, but surely you realize the nonsense of that statement? You are literally saying "You have been planning for years to be bigger than me when I want to rogue you! YOU COWARD!"

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1319775512' post='2833400']
It still doesnt make any sense. You never were able to hit him. And because you arent able to hit him, hes a coward. Look, i dont know you, no idea who you are, but surely you realize the nonsense of that statement? You are literally saying "You have been planning for years to be bigger than me when I want to rogue you! YOU COWARD!"
[/quote]

Rush, Amoshi has the power to change math. Your forces can do nothing against that supreme power.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1319775512' post='2833400']
[/quote]
Money in the coffers may as well be money in the streets. I was referring mainly to his wording here "[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=106252&view=findpost&p=2833011]Cause I've got a few tricks up my sleeve too.[/url]" This leads me to believe that it was an intentional bulk, however, I hadn't thought about the possibility that those numbers were increases from just military ns. That's where I'm a bit of a blonde. My mistake. :_)

[quote name='Pearl' timestamp='1319775763' post='2833403']
Rush, Amoshi has the power to change math. Your forces can do nothing against that supreme power.
[/quote]
Quoted for truth.

Edited by Amoshi

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319746055' post='2833114']
fixed your post a bit.

wanna know what you do if you think someone is useless? attack them and make them defend their alliance's existence, we(TPF's MoFA during Q here) did it to GPA, I'm sure by now your alliance leadership has realized you have the NS to do the same thing, only you would have to do it without manipulating the treaty web to your advantage.
[/quote]
Are you really trumpeting how brave you were in having a part in curb stomping a peaceful neutral alliance? We're not talking about useless alliances within the treaty web that actually are a drag, but a completely neutral alliance.

It's also pretty stupid in light of:

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1319746210' post='2833119']
Essentially, MEAT is a made up of people who enjoy stirring the pot, but are terrified of actually tasting it. To cover for this underlying fear, they call everyone else cowards, implying that they are brave by comparison.

You know they want to jump me and my friends, but they're afraid to actually throw a punch, so instead they stand there throwing taunts hoping one of us will take a swing so they can call the police.

Yeah, have fun with that guys.
[/quote]
You realize that Non Grata recently [u][b]ATTACKED YOUR TREATY PARTNER[/b][/u] and that you haven't lifted a finger to help them? And yet you say that [i]they[/i] are too cowardly to throw a punch? You realize how ridiculous that is, and how stupid it makes you look?

And that's on top of another war they started recently where that alliance's allies also refused to defend them. NSO became and is involved in a war with Legion who they had been bashing on these boards for months. MK was part of a preempt of NPO last war. To say that any one of us are "terrified" of "tasting the pot" is ridiculous.

I also find it interesting that you're bashing TLR in a thread where they are apologizing to you. Classy.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1319779133' post='2833439']
Are you really trumpeting how brave you were in having a part in curb stomping a peaceful neutral alliance? We're not talking about useless alliances within the treaty web that actually are a drag, but a completely neutral alliance.

It's also pretty stupid in light of:

You realize that Non Grata recently [u][b]ATTACKED YOUR TREATY PARTNER[/b][/u] and that you haven't lifted a finger to help them? And yet you say that [i]they[/i] are too cowardly to throw a punch? You realize how ridiculous that is, and how stupid it makes you look?

And that's on top of another war they started recently where that alliance's allies also refused to defend them. NSO became and is involved in a war with Legion who they had been bashing on these boards for months. MK was part of a preempt of NPO last war. To say that any one of us are "terrified" of "tasting the pot" is ridiculous.

I also find it interesting that you're bashing TLR in a thread where they are apologizing to you. Classy.
[/quote]
I'm proud of ensuring that next time around, GPA wont just take it on the chin.

NG attacked a "treaty partner" they were aware we downgraded with, they were not willing to attack while we had an MDP, you don't find that interesting that they waited until it was an optional treaty before attacking? if you were willing to taste the pot, you'd stop with these ridiculous wars you know wont accomplish your task, and actually just hit GOD like your side wants, $%&@ treaties, $%&@ consequences, just do what you want and stop pretending like these wars are entirely random, if you wanted to hit GOD or Superfriends, you'd grow the balls to do it.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319783026' post='2833461']

NG attacked a "treaty partner" they were aware we downgraded with, they were not willing to attack while we had an MDP, you don't find that interesting that they waited until it was an optional treaty before attacking? if you were willing to taste the pot, you'd stop with these ridiculous wars you know wont accomplish your task, and actually just hit GOD like your side wants, $%&@ treaties, $%&@ consequences, just do what you want and stop pretending like these wars are entirely random, if you wanted to hit GOD or Superfriends, you'd grow the balls to do it.
[/quote]

It's almost like they don't even have a reason to hit SF... [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif[/img]

[/quote]

So, you're saying that they waited until you downgraded your foreign affair status with the other alliance before attacking? Pretty mean implications.

Oh, and the whole "tasting the pot" should be "putting your money where your mouth is". You want to fling insults at everyone, be prepared to take them as well. I'm [i]pretty[/i] sure you don't speak for an alliance, neither do I. Let's keep it that way.

[quote name='Ravnica' timestamp='1319783392' post='2833463']
So, you're saying that they waited until you downgraded your foreign affair status with the other alliance before attacking? Pretty mean implications.

Oh, and the whole "tasting the pot" should be "putting your money where your mouth is". You want to fling insults at everyone, be prepared to take them as well. I'm [i]pretty[/i] sure you don't speak for an alliance, neither do I. Let's keep it that way.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure I speak to anyone watching the OWF for the past few months when I say, do it already, they've made it clear in backchannels they want us to hit them, because the treaty web favors this, where if they hit GOD or any SF alliance first? the treaty web favors us.

[/quote]

What you guys don't get is all of these "small" wars are quite blatantly picking off your allies one by one while you (and Polar for that matter) do nothing. By the time they (or we I guess) do get down to the meat of the conflict, you all will have pissed away a lot of your fringe NS. You're being played and your overall strength is being sapped and what is even worse.... is you willingly play into it. It's almost embarrassing to watch. So by all means keep letting people who could help you later get trampled.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319783711' post='2833469']
What you guys don't get is all of these "small" wars are quite blatantly picking off your allies one by one while you (and Polar for that matter) do nothing. By the time they (or we I guess) do get down to the meat of the conflict, you all will have pissed away a lot of your fringe NS. You're being played and your overall strength is being sapped and what is even worse.... is you willingly play into it. It's almost embarrassing to watch. So by all means keep letting people who could help you later get trampled.
[/quote]
I'm fully aware of what these wars are about, thing is, legion is winning.
and basically what you're saying is, i'm absolutely right, just they're too afraid to actually lose until they have enough NS to ensure victory?

Edited by Mogar

[/quote]
"They are cowards, they waited until we'd have a better excuse to cower out of defending our treaty partner!"

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319783836' post='2833471']
and basically what you're saying is, i'm absolutely right, just they're too afraid to actually lose until they have enough NS to ensure victory?
[/quote]

Love the edit you made. The parts of the internet where I'm from calls that [b]implying[/b]. So basically you're just pointing fingers and flinging feces at whoever says something you don't like?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319783836' post='2833471']
I'm fully aware of what these wars are about, thing is, legion is winning.
[/quote]

Even if Legion eventually wins the cost will be enough that Polar's little sphere basically lost a big player and what did those opposing Polaris [i]really[/i] lose? Exactly.

So what you are saying is.....people shouldn't be in it to win it? Makes no sense in a world like ours. While it may take time to erode enough strength to the point where any scenario is a winner...that is preferable to making it any kind of a fight for you. Yes. we would rather weaken you and whip your ass. That should go without saying. That you are letting it happen is the funny thing or maybe the sad thing. I guess you really have no choice but to sit and cry foul. All the while a little of your strength is taken here a little there and we're sitting here laughing. Like I said sit there and do nothing. Doesn't bother me at all.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319784320' post='2833475']
Even if Legion eventually wins the cost will be enough that Polar's little sphere basically lost a big player and what did those opposing Polaris [i]really[/i] lose? Exactly.

[/quote]

Actually, considering all of of the bravado, an instance where they are decimating hostile forces where the odds have now even turned in their favor is quite the reversal of fortune. Polaris and Legion won in every instance. The Legion was handed a PR and Military victory, each of which previously thought impossible by the same who would call Polaris out now.

The fact that you try to spin this event as a phyric victory is laughable.
I don't know about you, but if the entire world is telling me I'm going to face 10 on 1 odds, I'd rather have a great fight with a near even battle, I'm not going to do anything to tip those odds back to 10 to 1. Now, Legion is dictating surrender terms. It really is beautiful. So yeah, Polar didn't lose anything. We all know what they had to lose by entering, so let's not play dumb, or we can continue the kind of bravado that now has NSO eating its own words, denigrating its allies, and generally ...making...dare I say...Legion look [i][b]good.[/b][/i]

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1319786201' post='2833481']
Actually, considering all of of the bravado, an instance where they are decimating hostile forces where the odds have now even turned in their favor is quite the reversal of fortune. Polaris and Legion won in every instance. The Legion was handed a PR and Military victory, each of which previously thought impossible by the same who would call Polaris out now.

The fact that you try to spin this event as a phyric victory is laughable.
I don't know about you, but if the entire world is telling me I'm going to face 10 on 1 odds, I'd rather have a great fight with a near even battle, I'm not going to do anything to tip those odds back to 10 to 1. Now, Legion is dictating surrender terms. It really is beautiful. So yeah, Polar didn't lose anything. We all know what they had to lose by entering, so let's not play dumb, or we can continue the kind of bravado that now has NSO eating its own words, denigrating its allies, and generally ...making...dare I say...Legion look [i][b]good.[/b][/i]
[/quote]

I'm not spinning anything. If a few small alliances want to tear a few million NS of of Polar's largest ally, or UPN, or whoever is next, I don't think anyone who really wants a shot at Polar will complain. That's just truth. Take it as you will.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319783711' post='2833469']
[/quote]
That's what NPO used to do. It doesn't work, eventually enough people will hate you.

It really all depends who can better sell the defense argument. Whoever wins that usually just wins the war.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319787647' post='2833488']
That's what NPO used to do. It doesn't work, eventually enough people will hate you.

It really all depends who can better sell the defense argument. Whoever wins that usually just wins the war.[/quote]

Isn't that the point of the game, any more? See who holds grudges the longest, who can outlast who? This is Survivor anymore.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319787647' post='2833488']

It really all depends who can better sell the defense argument. Whoever wins that usually just wins the war.
[/quote]

Actually it does work and that's why people come to hate you but whatever.

That's usually true unless there are enough people on the other side who want to see someone in the defender role rolled.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1319784185' post='2833473']
"They are cowards, they waited until we'd have a better excuse to cower out of defending our treaty partner!"
[/quote]

If someone is actually committed to fighting someone they have issues with, there's no point in sending their friend to pick on their opponent's friend. All that does is create more tension, and Admin knows, we don't need any more tension. No, if someone is [i]actually committed [/i]to fighting, they should man up and throw a punch. I don't see the point for these theories on 'what side is losing more, with all these micro-wars', since it doesn't look like any makro-alliance is going to do anything more than just flap flap flap flap FLAP their jaws.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1319786827' post='2833482']
What the hell are you people even talking about at this point.
[/quote]

Do you honestly expect any of them to know? :x

edit: [quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1319784185' post='2833473']
[/quote]

You know when you should quit arguing? When you're strawmanning [i]Mogar[/i].

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1319786201' post='2833481']
Now, Legion is dictating surrender terms.
[/quote]
If you were actually involved in the peace negotiations you'd realize that this isn't the case. Like, not at all. It's more of the case of Legion acting like stubborn children because OWF posters who say things without knowing what is going on (like you) make them feel all big and powerful.

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1319746009' post='2833112']
again, its better than sitting on our asses doing nothing like your alliance/bloc. But im sure youre content with being a uselss sack of nations so theres no point in arguing this back and forth
[/quote]

Perhaps we are happy with XX being a stable, defensive bloc.
Maybe we are not interested into going around baiting other alliances.
Could it be that we did not intend our bloc to be a way to get at small alliances on the fringes of the treaty web?
Is it possible that, as a bloc, we are still young and do not have feuds ongoing with other people?

No, you must be right. Useless sack of nations sitting on its ass.
You'll keep your opinion, I'll keep mine; just remember that you being a warmonger doesn't imply your targets being the same.

EDIT: Engrish

Edited by Garion

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1319803671' post='2833518']
If you were actually involved in the peace negotiations you'd realize that this isn't the case. Like, not at all. It's more of the case of Legion acting like stubborn children because OWF posters who say things without knowing what is going on (like you) make them feel all big and powerful.
[/quote]

God bless Legion and their almighty crusade, but to be fair, legion has always been jackasses in back chan negotiations. Sparta has personal experience. See: Bipolar war.

Edited by Pearl