A Message from TLR

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319406910' post='2831113']
Unless there's something I don't know, TLR is offering this themselves.
[/quote]

Indeed. My understanding is that this is a spontaneous gesture on the part of TLR. Very honorable.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1319407950' post='2831125']
You said TLR was playing RIA's games. RIA didn't request an apology - so what games are you talking about?
[/quote]

I wasn't making the implication that RIA requested this apology; if that's what your gathered from my statement that's your fault. I was however commenting on the fact that Delta posted a statement indicating his dissatisfaction with the incident at hand; implying he was deeply offended by it. I don't believe he truly was and said that he was playing a game by trying to portray the offense as something more then the harmless banter it turned out to be.

Like I said though, I'm glad TLR made this announcement.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1319408599' post='2831131']
I wasn't making the implication that RIA requested this apology; if that's what your gathered from my statement that's your fault. I was however commenting on the fact that Delta posted a statement indicating his dissatisfaction with the incident at hand; implying he was deeply offended by it. I don't believe he truly was and said that he was playing a game by trying to portray the offense as something more then the harmless banter it turned out to be.

Like I said though, I'm glad TLR made this announcement.
[/quote]
I would have been offended if a former ally of mine/current ally of an ally sent those messages as well. If you don't believe it, then that's just your opinion and, hey, we all have those. But regardless, no point in arguing over it.

I know that I was personally offended by the messages, and other members of the RIA were as well.

Just the fact that a nation on Maroon would denounce another maroon nation over maroon mass message is something that all maroon should take offense to. It doesn't happen. Maroon is united by color, and for someone who was elected to make such a statement about not only another maroon nation, but a recent ally is deplorable. If someone is going to insult another alliance, they should do it on the OWF, where the alliance can defend themselves from your accusations, sending it as a mass message across their entire team is nothing more than dirty politics in an attempt to garner support for their own cause, and discredit others.

I support TLR's right to try and hold a senate seat, as they are on maroon, but I think that in the future they may want to pick someone who is either more responsible, or respects their government enough to not send mass messages based on personal prejudices.

Edited by Apophis775

[quote name='Shamed' timestamp='1319403609' post='2831053']
I'm glad this happened. This is the right move.
[/quote]

Seconding this.

[quote]Thanks for the apology. I was wondering, might you be willing to send this over Maroon team Messages, like the original offending messages were sent?[/quote]

And wondering this. At the minimum removing the messages would confirm the sincerity of this.