A Message from TLR

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1319412558' post='2831175']
*TLR makes apology thread*
SF: Yeah, but you could've _____ and it would have been way better!

Learn to be humble, guys. This is just making it look worse.
[/quote]
First off, worse than what? In this particular instance, we didn't actually do anything.

Second, I've already stated that it was nice of them to apologize. It's a fairly minor incident that was made a little more disappointing based on history and circumstances, and it's, again, nice of them to apologize for it, especially without us having asked for one.

Third, I don't think that people asking for the message to be taken down is particularly "out there" and as TLR has said they will do so, they apparently agree.

Finally, for all of the comments about what a big deal is being made out of this or how various parties are making themselves look bad, from where I'm sitting, it isn't anyone with an SF or TLR AA who is blowing this hilariously out of proportion.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crazyman93' timestamp='1319413686' post='2831192']
Delta has a point there. It would be nice if MK went and sat in their own sphere of influence rather then trying to make things explode.
[/quote]
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319414029' post='2831195']
Maybe TLR should spend more time picking someone that understands what it means to be a Senator and less time slapping themselves on the back for bumrushing the Senate.
[/quote]

He seems to understand how to use the senate tools fairly well.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1319413082' post='2831181']
Finally, for all of the comments about what a big deal is being made out of this or how various parties are making themselves look bad, from where I'm sitting, it isn't anyone with an SF or TLR AA who is blowing this hilariously out of proportion.
[/quote]
Hm, let's see!

[quote name='Apophis775' timestamp='1319409096' post='2831136']
Just the fact that a nation on Maroon would denounce another maroon nation over maroon mass message is something that all maroon should take offense to. It doesn't happen. Maroon is united by color, and for someone who was elected to make such a statement about not only another maroon nation, but a recent ally is deplorable. If someone is going to insult another alliance, they should do it on the OWF, where the alliance can defend themselves from your accusations, sending it as a mass message across their entire team is nothing more than dirty politics in an attempt to garner support for their own cause, and discredit others.

I support TLR's right to try and hold a senate seat, as they are on maroon, but I think that in the future they may want to pick someone who is either more responsible, or respects their government enough to not send mass messages based on personal prejudices.
[/quote]
Alliance Name:RIA

[quote name='Crazyman93' timestamp='1319409225' post='2831138']
TLR is only sorry because RIA didn't declare war on them within hours of seeing the messages. Trusting the sincerity of this is like a mouse taking cheese from a back alley tom cat.
[/quote]
Alliance Name:Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations

Delta has a point there. It would be nice if MK went and sat in their own sphere of influence rather then trying to make things explode.
[/quote]
You are really bad at this instigating thing.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1319413082' post='2831181']
[/quote]
At three pages I don't really think anything is being blown into anything.

[quote name='Crazyman93' timestamp='1319409225' post='2831138']
TLR is only sorry because RIA didn't declare war on them within hours of seeing the messages. Trusting the sincerity of this is like a mouse taking cheese from a back alley tom cat.
[/quote]

You, sir, have no idea what you are talking about. In case you can't remember that far back, we were treatied to RIA.

[/quote]

MK is on Maroon too, and also a part of MEAT. So I don't really see how this is relevant.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1319414029' post='2831195']
Maybe TLR should spend more time picking someone that understands what it means to be a Senator and less time slapping themselves on the back for bumrushing the Senate.
[/quote]

Wargarden is a fantastic senator. He is a great leader, active, and all around great guy. I've known him for four years in this game and this is the FIRST thing I've ever seen him catch flak for. So I would respectfully ask you to take your judgements elsewhere.

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1319414989' post='2831206']
Wargarden is a fantastic senator. He is a great leader, active, and all around great guy. I've known him for four years in this game and this is the FIRST thing I've ever seen him catch flak for. So I would respectfully ask you to take your judgements elsewhere.
[/quote]
First impressions, Caster, first impressions.

I would respectfully ask you to take your judgements elsewhere.
[/quote]

Comrade, you are addressing Schatt. Your request is almost certainly in vain. Your respect is unwarranted.

[/quote]

He may be a good leader and all around great guy (I don't know, I've never met him), however the first impression that not only I, but much of maroon received of him, when he made his first post to the many nations of maroon, is of someone who would publicly denounce a former ally in a very hateful fashion without consulting with his own alliance leadership, immediately after requesting that he be re-elected. For many people within maroon, this is their first time seeing or receiving an interaction from him, so I ask you, how should we view and judge him based on what we know from his first few messages?

Edited by Apophis775

I'm not sure why this needs a public apology, but oh well. Best of luck to TLR and RIA in resolving and moving past their differences.

EDIT: Maybe it's just because I never really cared too much about building my nation, but I wasn't even aware that people still used the in-game color boards anymore.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote]Maroon tem meaasges 10/23/2011 1:12:08 PM Wiccan High Priest Level 2
Message: I'm glad to see MEAT has learned how to use the Maroon team message system but to use it as an attempt to "shame RIA" or anyone else is pretty petty and quiet frankly lame. if you wish to attept to shame ,try it on the OWF, not in game[/quote]

It is the corrupt regime that seeks to restrict access to information by the people. Surely RIA stands by it's actions? Don't the people of Maroon have a right to know the truth behind an alliance the bears the Maroon banner?