A Message from TLR

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319428865' post='2831377']
Why would I bother?

And I'm supposed to know the government of every alliance of the top of my head? Good luck finding anyone who knows half of them. I had yours up on the wiki already since I had to check if Delta was even still in gov.

Perhaps you should think a bit harder before making your next retarded challenge.
[/quote]

It was a rather simple challenge yes...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319428865' post='2831377']
Why would I bother?

And I'm supposed to know the government of every alliance of the top of my head? Good luck finding anyone who knows half of them. I had yours up on the wiki already since I had to check if Delta was even still in gov.

Perhaps you should think a bit harder before making your next retarded challenge.
[/quote]
I dont think Delta or Shadow have ever not been in gov

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319429385' post='2831384']
Then it's a pretty weak point, considering he went down this path in response to my reply to Mogar, who said that no response from Delta equals no response from RIA. I was claiming nothing of their character, simply that there are more of them than the sole figure of Delta.

You should probably know the context of an argument before trying to insert yourself in it.
[/quote]
First off, no response by Delta could in fact mean no response by RIA if their government was structured that way (which you wouldn't know because you only know what the wiki told you). This is probably not the case, but that's why actually understanding RIA's government would be important.

Secondly other RIA gov. members did comment in the thread as was pointed out. You didn't know they were government members though.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319429997' post='2831394']
First off, no response by Delta could in fact mean no response by RIA if their government was structured that way (which you wouldn't know because you only know what the wiki told you). This is probably not the case, but that's why actually understanding RIA's government would be important.

Secondly other RIA gov. members did comment in the thread as was pointed out. You didn't know they were government members though.
[/quote]
lol. Shoulda stopped digging after your last effort.

It could mean that, except that I already knew that they have a triumvirate system. And the wiki does show how their government is structured. That you're trying to argue about what I do and do not know is pretty ridiculous.

And yes, other gov members did comment. Which is why I sarcastically asked Mogar if Delta was the only person in their gov, since he was trying to argue that since Delta said nothing the entirety of RIA was silent too. And I suspected they were gov members, which is why I went to the wiki to confirm, so I could prove how ridiculous Mogar's argument was.

Seriously, what are you even trying to argue here?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319430514' post='2831400']

It could mean that, except that I already knew that they have a triumvirate system. And the wiki does show how their government is structured. That you're trying to argue about what I do and do not know is pretty ridiculous.

And yes, other gov members did comment. Which is why I sarcastically asked Mogar if Delta was the only person in their gov, since he was trying to argue that since Delta said nothing the entirety of RIA was silent too. And I suspected they were gov members, which is why I went to the wiki to confirm, so I could prove how ridiculous Mogar's argument was.

[/quote]
My point was that delta replied and that has far more weight than even a cabinet reply, since, trium > cabinet, but sure, attempt to spin this as me saying delta is a dictator.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319430765' post='2831403']
My point was that delta replied and that has far more weight than even a cabinet reply, since, trium > cabinet, but sure, attempt to spin this as me saying delta is a dictator.
[/quote]
Man, and they call Alterego dense.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319430765' post='2831403']
[/quote]
No, someone said that RIA demanded something, and you said 'hoho, i have read every delta post in this thread and he did not comment on that, therefore neither did RIA'. I'm not spinning anything, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous that argument was. If you don't want people to notice the stupid things you say, don't say them.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319430514' post='2831400']

[/quote]
First off, some systems of tri allow only one tri's opinion to rule in the event of minor incidents. You don't always have to contact all of the tri to get something done. The reason you don't seem to understand this is because certain nuances aren't explained in the wiki.

Secondly, usually only one tri posts the opinion anyway. Delta hardly ever contradicts what his fellow RIA members want and either a) checked with them or b) thought this was fairly minor and is the the one doing something about it. This is also why he would be a credible source on what RIA is doing. You don't always have to read all three tri opinions.

edit: horrible spell check error

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319431011' post='2831405']
No, someone said that RIA demanded something, and you said 'hoho, i have read every delta post in this thread and he did not comment on that, therefore neither did RIA'. I'm not spinning anything, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous that argument was. If you don't want people to notice the stupid things you say, don't say them.
[/quote]
RIA did not demand something, our HoIA was the only one you could say "demanded" something, but like Delta said, it was a minor incident. One opinion out of 8 does not mean our entire alliance is freaking out about this.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319432008' post='2831413']
RIA did not demand something, our HoIA was the only one you could say "demanded" something, but like Delta said, it was a minor incident. One opinion out of 8 does not mean our entire alliance is freaking out about this.
[/quote]

YOU were literally freaking out about this last night.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1319432199' post='2831414']
YOU were literally freaking out about this last night.
[/quote]
I was intoxicated and annoyed that someone I respect as highly as Rush would approve of something like this, but now I know he did not.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1319432285' post='2831416']
Spin is successful. :smug:
[/quote]
:awesome:

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1319431498' post='2831409']
First off, some systems of tri allow only one tri's opinion to rule in the event of minor incidents. You don't always have to contact all of the tri to get something done. The reason you don't seem to understand this is because certain nuances aren't explained in the wiki.

Secondly, usually only one tri posts the opinion anyway. Delta hardly ever contradicts what his fellow RIA members want and either a) checked with them or b) thought this was fairly minor and is the the one doing something about it. This is also why he would be a credible source on what RIA is doing. You don't always have to read all three tri opinions.

edit: horrible spell check error
[/quote]
oh em gee

Look, I know you're trying really really hard to try and pin something on me, but you've got absolutely nothing to work with here, and you don't even know what you're arguing. Mogar was arguing that delta didn't do something therefore RIA didn't do it, so how that is allowing one tri to rule I've got no !@#$@#$ idea. He did nothing, not something, according to Mogar. The intricacies of how their gov system works is of no concern to me in this context. I am simply countering Mogar's proposition by pointing out that there are other gov members, and that some of those other gov members have in fact done what Mogar said Delta didn't do. I see you really want to prove that I am a bad man who should not be listened to, but surely you can come up with something a bit more compelling than this. Put all that Vox experience to use.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1319432008' post='2831413']
[/quote]
Ok? Like I said, I am simply saying that your earlier comment about 'i have read all delta's posts and he didn't say that' makes no sense in the context of trying to prove that RIA didn't say it.

[quote name='LordDarknessOfLight' timestamp='1319433291' post='2831421']
Just one question.. What is being accomplished in this argument? :mellow:
[/quote]
idk man, but it's more fun than watching your gov talk about how RIA is good in bed. Not sure what that accomplishes either.

Edited by WorldConqueror

Ok, this is probably futile but:

"RIA" isn't seeking anything from TLR beyond what they've already freely offered. Individual opinions may vary, but on the whole I don't think anyone who was actually involved is going to look back on this specific incident as a major travesty. It was small, handled with a very minimal need for effort and neither side is raging about it. It's over and done.

Now, those of you who are left arguing over who wronged who, what was said about what and which party screwed which part of this insanely simple process up somehow are free to continue doing so, largely because I don't think any power on this planet could keep the people of CN from arguing over a non-event, but for myself, I'm going to go worry about things that weren't dead issues before the argument started.

Have a pleasant evening.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1319428815' post='2831376']
It's always fun to watch people (on both sides of an issue) get way too carried away less then 5 pages into the thread.

Good on you though for doing this without prompting, TLR. Positive points in my book.
[/quote]

I'll agree with this. While I don't view this as particularly aggressive as some other moves, an apology is a classy resolution and I'm sure RIA wasn't expecting it either.
It's ironic considering the message as stated is borne out of respect to TLR's allies, yet that is simply not good enough for those who would try to turn a phrase on something so simple.

Congratulations to RIA and TLR.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1319433751' post='2831430']
oh em gee

Look, I know you're trying really really hard to try and pin something on me, but you've got absolutely nothing to work with here, and you don't even know what you're arguing. Mogar was arguing that delta didn't do something therefore RIA didn't do it, so how that is allowing one tri to rule I've got no !@#$@#$ idea. He did nothing, not something, according to Mogar. The intricacies of how their gov system works is of no concern to me in this context. I am simply countering Mogar's proposition by pointing out that there are other gov members, and that some of those other gov members have in fact done what Mogar said Delta didn't do. I see you really want to prove that I am a bad man who should not be listened to, but surely you can come up with something a bit more compelling than this. Put all that Vox experience to use.
[/quote]
To be honest, the only reason I kept responding to you was because each of your posts were being condescending (like this one, which is why I am responding to it). I'm not trying to "pin" anything on you, as I don't really know who you are or really care (not that I'm saying I'm relevant or anything just that we're both irrelevant). I'm not trying to prove anything other perhaps that you understand RIA less than Mogar.

Also, not doing anything is a ruling depending on the context. In this context it would be.

Anyway Delta's post confirms exactly what RIA's policy is, which is what it did pages ago, which is what Mogar clarified.

Edited by Earogema