Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

So wait.....you go to hell and back for the NPO and they cancel on you? Yikes, that says more about them than you, Legion. I think we all could have said, "I told you so, Legion." when you treatied the NPO. We know they are backstabbers and infra huggers when facing a losing war and that will never change.

You are better without them Legion. Forge your own way, show up next war, and fight hard and people will let go of the past WAEgion stuff.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel pure pity for Legion at this point. Now that you lost your most powerful ally... well, there's part of me that wants to reach out and help.

I feel like one of the robots in the movies that just suddenly realized he has compassion.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1310140408' post='2752542']
Legion pumps into trouble with an ally of TPF and Pacifica gets cold feet? :blink: Poor show imo.

Glad I don't have to be ashamed today.
[/quote]
Not that I want to turn down credit for NSO causing the cancellation of this treaty, but we had nothing to do with it.

[quote name='Chief Black Hawk' timestamp='1310140464' post='2752544']
Wow, that banner is really awesome.

This seems like it works out for both alliances. Good luck to both parties.
[/quote]

I was quite impressed with the banner as well

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1310140641' post='2752546']
Not that I want to turn down credit for NSO causing the cancellation of this treaty, but we had nothing to do with it.
[/quote]

Hush, we all know it was you. Now get to work on the Legion-NpO treaty!

This announcement was probably the best politically strategic move I have seen in quite awhile -- and that is saying quite a lot, considering recent moves by other alliances post-CBless.

Strength of hand is given to those who see an opportunity to raise their stock -- and seize it with full recognition of the impact it makes.

Whether there is another motive; arguments will be raised, confirmed or denied. Whether I am giving The Legion too much credit -- quite possible.

Although I dislike Legion, I am sure it is known that I dislike NPO also. Though this actually is a good thing for Legion, it does not surprise me that when an ally would most likely need NPO to back them, they turn tail and run. Good timing on a cancellation of a treaty, when there was a chance of Legion actually needing you to help them in a war, instead of them being the puppets to you for once pacifica. Sooner or later I hope all your allies realize your false friendship for what it is, and leave you hanging a lone as you have done to Legion here.

Legion this is a blessing in disguise for you though. Take the time, and make the effort to rebuild a name for yourself. Take the steps needed to regain some of your credibility, and show a bit of competence.
For the god of planet bob's sake, attack NSO even if it goes horrid, show your not just going to stand by and let the world spy on you as they please.

o/ Legion for gaining a new start. Now take it and make it work.

NPO, meh... burn and die already.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1310143064' post='2752570']
Good move NPO. No sense in keeping around a meatshield who ducks out of the way of fire.
[/quote]

Indeed they have outgrown there usefulness and now must be disregarded. I mean what use is an ally (meatshield) if they wont come out to fight for you.

Congratulations NPO good move.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1310140161' post='2752532']
I really feel pure pity for Legion at this point. Now that you lost your most powerful ally... well, there's part of me that wants to reach out and help.

I feel like one of the robots in the movies that just suddenly realized he has compassion.
[/quote]

Don't worry! They still have Polar! Haha... hahaha.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1310144242' post='2752591']
Indeed they have outgrown there usefulness and now must be disregarded. I mean what use is an ally (meatshield) if they wont come out to fight for you.

Congratulations NPO good move.
[/quote]

Exactly, what use is an alliance if one won't fight for the other. Well put, Hiro. :ehm:

No one deserves Legion. Good move NPO.

In the same breath, congratulations, Polar. Enjoy the "meatshield". I think you can only qualify it as a meatshield if it stays in war mode and can actually absorb some shock of an attack, though, but I'm not entirely sure.

This is by far one of the few, best, political moves that have happened since the end of the PB - NpO War. This opens the treaty web up quite a bit be severing Ties with the de facto Order Bloc/Old Hegemony.

Best of luck to Legion and carving a new path in your Foreign Affairs.

Best of luck to NPO and removing yourself from an old and broken political sphere of power.

[quote name='PMoses' timestamp='1310142812' post='2752565']
Although I dislike Legion, I am sure it is known that I dislike NPO also. Though this actually is a good thing for Legion, it does not surprise me that when an ally would most likely need NPO to back them, they turn tail and run. Good timing on a cancellation of a treaty, when there was a chance of Legion actually needing you to help them in a war, instead of them being the puppets to you for once pacifica. Sooner or later I hope all your allies realize your false friendship for what it is, and leave you hanging a lone as you have done to Legion here.

Legion this is a blessing in disguise for you though. Take the time, and make the effort to rebuild a name for yourself. Take the steps needed to regain some of your credibility, and show a bit of competence.
For the god of planet bob's sake, attack NSO even if it goes horrid, show your not just going to stand by and let the world spy on you as they please.

o/ Legion for gaining a new start. Now take it and make it work.

NPO, meh... burn and die already.
[/quote]

We love you too PMoses.