Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310132236' post='2752407']
Poor Legion, not a friend in the world.
[/quote]

I'm sure that if the choice is between you and none, none would get invited.

I wander into the land of monkeys sure that my words will be translated from the Human Tongue. Well done, Legion. Should have been done at the Fall of NPO from Grace, but loyalty was ever our Flaw. We owed NPO a debt and paid it back until we beggared ourselves.

One further piece of advice: All of Legion's flaws are excesses of virtue. In the case of Free Speech, perhaps it is time Totem brought down a firm but heavy hand down on those who aim bullets at enemies but walk off the field limping.

I'm surprised this took so long. NPO does have a long history of holding onto fairly bad alliances for longer than it should in order to have a (statistically at least) stronger ring of satellite states, and maybe that mentality kept Legion on for longer than other alliances might have done. Their performance in the last war showed that they're not even useful for that, and this is probably a good move from NPO.

As for Legion? You're almost at rock bottom. Remember some of the better times in your history (if you have anyone left who can remember back that far) and use them as inspiration, and this cancellation as a spur, to improve yourselves.

[quote name='Huang Ti' timestamp='1310161432' post='2752845']
So who gets NATO and Invicta in the break up?
[/quote]
That is gonna be a custody battle and then some...

I suppose Pacifica, as Legion is used to paying alimony.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1310161944' post='2752851']
I am very pleased to see this. A fine result for Legion.
[/quote]
I actually agree with you, I too am pleased Polaris will be legion's sugar daddy. I wish you both a long and exciting relationship. :awesome:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1310166100' post='2752892']
I actually agree with you, I too am pleased Polaris will be legion's sugar daddy. I wish you both a long and exciting relationship. :awesome:
[/quote]

At least until Legion needs help and Polar abandons them.

Between this and all the spying/taunting Legion has received as of late, they really remind me of a wife in an abusive relationship, who gets divorced by her husband cuz she's not as young as she once was.

>"I can't leave him! He loves me!" *sob*
>"Hunny, I don't love you anymore. I want a divorce." *FALCON PUNCH*
>"WHYYYY?" *sob*
>*Gets married to sexy, blonde, 21 year old*

Sometimes I just find myself in shock at the 180 people do, you have NPO saying it is a shame the treaty was cancelled (WHY cancel then), you have someone from TOP calling Legion a terrible alliance (did TOP forget that Legion have stood beside NPO no matter what force they have faced, that's a true ally something TOP should learn) and once again people are prising NPO for dropping Legion, DAMN people its NPO how quick you all forget how fast you like to follow the waves instead of thinking for yourselves, Legion has stood beside NPO though thick and thin and yet when Legion face danger NPO packs its bags and run yet again.

Was not that long ago people would be flaming an alliance who cut tries before the risk of war, look how you all reacted when those who was allied to NPO cancelled there treaties with NPO just before karma.

Legion you are better off without NPO, they have proven once again all they care about is themselves and use your alliance among many as nothing more then meat shields, I just hope the rest of NPO's allies wake up to this and leave NPO standing alone just how they want it, all they want allies for is to take the beating aimed for them.

and before you all start on the "legion spied" or "NPO do not support spying" people please its NPO think of the crap they have done, they attacked GPA due to someone in GPA channel talking crap about NPO and GPA did nothing about it, and truth behind the attack was the high technology GPA had.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1310166100' post='2752892']
[/quote]

Hmmm, I can't say I'll be asking totem for any sexual favors soon. Well, at least not for money [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1310166276' post='2752895']
At least until Legion needs help and Polar abandons them.
[/quote]

I don't recall a time when an ally has been in need and Polaris has publicly berated them and then canceled the treaty.