Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1310151743' post='2752717']
Leave Legion alone you big jerks.

[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2009/04/chris-crocker-leave-britney.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Sorry off-topic but i've always wondered this, is that a man or a woman?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1310146219' post='2752624']

Also now can we get that NSO v Legion war?!
[/quote]

They don't have the cojones.

[quote name='Gumpper' timestamp='1310152056' post='2752722']
[/quote]

It's a dude. Barely.

[quote name='Gumpper' timestamp='1310152056' post='2752722']
[/quote]

Good sir, I believe with every fiber of my being that that fine lady is none other than Mr. Rebel Virginia.

Why don't you ask me directly, as you clearly know I will answer any question asked. But then where is the fun twist to that right Alyster? Let me answer it for you now vs you playing this little game:

The problems with Legion specifically started in the DH/NPO war. Pacifica clearly and with earnest takes accountability for the time we failed in communication. That however ended by mid war (if not sooner). None of that took away from just bad moves and a clear break in similar paths. It grew on both sides as time continued. Regardless of either sides want to talk about things, it just didn't happen. In addition anyone to state we were trying to get terms for Pacifica only is A) a complete moron B) just trying to create drama where their is none. I was in negotiations for all of us. If we were in just for Pacifica we would have just done our own thing and damn everyone else. The simple fact is TCK spoke for the rest of the Coalition by Coalition choice while letting us (NPO) determine our NS/TOP tier situation. Learn the facts or shut up.

To know anything about Pacifica is to know nothing moves quickly and (as many of you love to fault us and call us cocky/stuck up or whatever) it always moves at our pace. To say this was sudden and because of NSO is a straight out lie. The fact Legion and NPO didn't properly talk about NSO and the future was certainly a capper as it were (again clearly on both sides here), but the source? not even close.

Why did Pacifica state we would not support this a war between Legion and NSO? You seem to conveniently forget I had been look for Legion for days at this point and got nothing so when asked point blank I answered. As for why I stated that: clearly and simply because it (A potential war between Legion and NSO) would escalate and immediately would have us choosing between Legion or TPF (Or having TPF choose between NPO or NSO). Allies don't do that to each other. And while Legion stated "you will not have to fight TPF" the mere fact we would be supporting a war against them or a war against Legion = the NPO sits out.

The truth is never pretty, it simply exists.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310153647' post='2752742']
Why don't you ask me directly, as you clearly know I will answer any question asked. But then where is the fun twist to that right Alyster? Let me answer it for you now vs you playing this little game:

The problems with Legion specifically started in the DH/NPO war. Pacifica clearly and with earnest takes accountability for the time we failed in communication. That however ended by mid war (if not sooner). None of that took away from just bad moves and a clear break in similar paths. It grew on both sides as time continued. Regardless of either sides want to talk about things, it just didn't happen. In addition anyone to state we were trying to get terms for Pacifica only is A) a complete moron B) just trying to create drama where their is none. I was in negotiations for all of us. If we were in just for Pacifica we would have just done our own thing and damn everyone else. The simple fact is TCK spoke for the rest of the Coalition by Coalition choice while letting us (NPO) determine our NS/TOP tier situation. Learn the facts or shut up.

To know anything about Pacifica is to know nothing moves quickly and (as many of you love to fault us and call us cocky/stuck up or whatever) it always moves at our pace. To say this was sudden and because of NSO is a straight out lie. The fact Legion and NPO didn't properly talk about NSO and the future was certainly a capper as it were (again clearly on both sides here), but the source? not even close.

Why did Pacifica state we would not support this a war between Legion and NSO? You seem to conveniently forget I had been look for Legion for days at this point and got nothing so when asked point blank I answered. As for why I stated that: clearly and simply because it (A potential war between Legion and NSO) would escalate and immediately would have us choosing between Legion or TPF (Or having TPF choose between NPO or NSO). Allies don't do that to each other. And while Legion stated "you will not have to fight TPF" the mere fact we would be supporting a war against them or a war against Legion = the NPO sits out.

The truth is never pretty, it simply exists.
[/quote]

Are you seriously saying that you weren't capable of cancelling a treaty (which has been sour for up to a half a year?), in these 1.5 months post war? Well I can understand your rush now, I even understand why you like TPF so much, hell I even like them myself. But does that really mean all of your other treaties are considered void imminently when things come down to TPF?

I really liked TPF's stance "[i]We're going to stick out for our own[/i]" But what I was saying in my original post was that Pacificas reply for the same situation was "[i]Sucks to be you Legion, cya.[/i]"

Edited by alyster

The fact the NSO situation came up when it did it unfortunate. I am not an oracle, soothesayer, shaman or other mystical abilitied creature that can see the future. A relationship break-up happens when it happens and to delay it longer serves neither. We made a mistake in taking so long to cancel the Ordination of Orders and we learned from that mistake. We didn't delay any longer than the natural flow with NSO and we didn't delay any longer that the natural flow with Legion. What was done was best for NPO, after all that task right there is my job and function as Regent. If that bothers you, oh well. Go worry about your alliance, I will worry about mine.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1310154420' post='2752753']
Are you seriously saying that you weren't capable of cancelling a treaty (which has been sour for up to a half a year?), in these 1.5 months post war? Well I can understand your rush now, I even understand why you like TPF so much, hell I even like them myself. But does that really mean all of your other treaties are considered void imminently when things come down to TPF?

I really liked TPF's stance "[i]We're going to stick out for our own[/i]" But what I was saying in my original post was that Pacificas reply for the same situation was "[i]Sucks to be you Legion, cya.[/i]"
[/quote]
You are dense...

Brehon just explained that they were in talks concerning the treaty for MONTHS, and here you are trying to smear them for doing due diligence and putting effort into repairing the relationship. Yet you are pissing on them for not going off half cocked and canceling a treaty with a knee jerk reaction?

If you truly feel that way it is no wonder polaris is universally covered in derision for its thought processes...

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310155223' post='2752765']
Read the entire post Alyster - I was clear I didn't want to fight against TPF or Legion. But I expect you to gloss over it, else how could you argue?
[/quote]

I don't know if Alyster has been known as one who would 'Read the entire post'..

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1310152817' post='2752732']
Good sir, I believe with every fiber of my being that that fine lady is none other than Mr. Rebel Virginia.
[/quote]

It all makes sense now!!! :P Jk RV

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310153647' post='2752742']
In addition anyone to state we were trying to get terms for Pacifica only is A) a complete moron B) just trying to create drama where their is none. I was in negotiations for all of us. If we were in just for Pacifica we would have just done our own thing and damn everyone else. The simple fact is TCK spoke for the rest of the Coalition by Coalition choice while letting us (NPO) determine our NS/TOP tier situation. Learn the facts or shut up.
[/quote]
I'm gonna go ahead and confirm this, not that there should be any question about it really. It's all very well documented.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1310152683' post='2752727']
They don't have the cojones
[/quote]
Legion do not let those "baring their South end" convince you to throw away all tactical sense and rush in. That leads to disaster. Use this attitude of your detractors as a tool and when you're involved next war surprise them.

Im not gonna jump into the argument, or flame Legion, all I have to say is congrats to both sides, good luck in the future.

o/ NPO
o/ Legion

Also I can confirm that the man in the picture is in fact RV, he told me so in a dream :P

[size="1"]jk RV[/size]
:P

Edited by GDI Crossfire

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1310154420' post='2752753']
Are you seriously saying that you weren't capable of cancelling a treaty (which has been sour for up to a half a year?), in these 1.5 months post war?
[/quote]

Alyster, this is not a hill to die on. If NpO's allies cancelled treaties without much communication and discussion first, you would have very few allies.

Congrats on finally getting this thing canceled. Don't care about who finally said bye first.

This is one treaty that Legion should of canceled shortly after getting out from under the Viceroy of NPO. I guess Legion finally was at least thinking of growing their own pair of nuts. Now can they grow the nut tree or will it shrivel up and turn small and blue?