Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1310189532' post='2753122']
BTW Legio, i heard you need these so consider this my gift to you

[img]http://www.china-manufacturer-directory.com/picture/mans-cotton-sateen-pants-jn05mp003f.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Why would they need those? Shouldn't you be giving the pants to Polar for them to wear?

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that this had better lead to some kind of war or I'll be very disappointed.

Beyond that, I really don't know what to say. Having borne the weight of having 'The Legion' as my very first AA for so long, every time I see their name in an announcement I secretly pray it's a disbandment notice.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1310190840' post='2753129']
Why would they need those? Shouldn't you be giving the pants to Polar for them to wear?
[/quote]
Inside joke with something someone said on Skype a few nights ago :P

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1310169140' post='2752924']
you have someone from TOP calling Legion a terrible alliance (did TOP forget that Legion have stood beside NPO no matter what force they have faced,
[/quote]
Legion has a long history of not fighting, sitting in peace mode or surrendering as quickly as they can. What Legion are you talking about? :wacko:

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1310196741' post='2753174']
Legion has a long history of not fighting, sitting in peace mode or surrendering as quickly as they can. What Legion are you talking about? :wacko:
[/quote]

How easily you lie.

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1310182190' post='2753056']
I am a bit confused. Did Legion actually believe that it was necessary to beat the New Pacific Order to the cancellation punch? Why?! Does it matter who cancels a treaty seriously?
[/quote]
No, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

When relationships end, there are two main types of split: There are the ones where the parties hate one another, fight over the kids, and burn the marital home down just to make sure the other doesn't get it... Then there are the ones where the parties sit down and say 'look, this isn't working, and we are just not right for one another any-more'.

I have been Legion MoFA for one week. Some would say it's a job that I must be mad for wanting. I relish the challenge, and don't care what people think. Number 1 on my list of things to do was to sort out our new MDoAP with The Last Republic. Number 2 on my list was the NPO question.

It's always difficult knowing there is a long standing relationship that has to end. We knew it had to end; as Totem said in his announcement:
[quote name='totem' timestamp='1310132005' post='2752399']
In something of a prophetic coincidence for over a week now in private and on our forums the NPO treaty has been debated quite lively. Members from ally foreign governments and former legion members have expressed their sentiment on the subject. It would seem the decision had been paved...
[/quote]

We could have allowed the 48 hours to lapse, kept our heads down, and allowed NPO to post their announcement. It probably would not have conveyed our true sentiment and feeling on the matter though. We believe this decision was the right one for us as well as them, and it's just a strange coincidence that their alliance arrived at the same conclusion as ours at about the same time.

If we had said nothing, the haters of both alliances (and there are many) would have arrived at their own conclusions. Perhaps they still will? We know the truth and that is both alliances were having the same discussion. It happened that NPO gave us notice. It doesn't matter who gives the notice first, it's the way you deal with it that matters.

We do not hate NPO, nor do we hold any malice or ill-will towards tham. We wish them well in their future endeavours. In many respects it is sad that this treaty has ended, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do for the future of both of our alliances.

o/ NPO
o/ Ave Legio.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310181522' post='2753046']
There was no fear of war, 1,[b]we simply are not going to go to war against an ally[/b]. Read into that what you want considering there is nothing extra to read in it. 2,[b]We do not run from war[/b], but if that makes you feel better in your world, so be it.

As for this whole meat shield thing, 12m NS (something like that) lost by NPO in the DH/NPO war, if we had meat shields someone forgot to deploy them or let me know we had them.

As for the rest of your comments, what CN year are you living in?
[/quote]

Your right, NPO has as far as I know never attacked an ally, you normally cancel the treaty and get one of your allies to attack the alliance you want gone, or let your former ally get a beat down as you hide away.

So NPO did not leave TORN hanging during Karma and try to make peace with OV to avoid a beat down, you know running away from war ?
So NPO did not request and push for their allies to stay our of the VE v NpO war in order to save NPO, that's not running away and trying to avoid a war ? (sure you got attacked but thats only because everyone knew NPO was forcing its allies to abandon their allies to simply protect NPO, as the whole war was all about beating NPO down, but that does not change the fact you tried to run away, just proves MK and Co knew you would try to hide from the war.)

[quote name='bill95' timestamp='1310182666' post='2753060']
Did you realized that NPO had treatys with NSO and the Legion? It would not be right for NPO to declare war on either ally.
[/quote]

So instead of been a good ally, they cut ties with the alliance that would be out numbered to save their own skin ?, bravo top work there

[quote name='RegentPancras' timestamp='1310209617' post='2753220']
We could have allowed the 48 hours to lapse, kept our heads down, and allowed NPO to post their announcement. It probably would not have conveyed our true sentiment and feeling on the matter though. We believe this decision was the right one for us as well as them, and it's just a strange coincidence that their alliance arrived at the same conclusion as ours at about the same time. [/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103458&view=findpost&p=2752416]Considering[/url] ...

Was the intended sentiment to be '$%&@ you' ? :v:

I have been Legion MoFA for one week. Some would say it's a job that I must be mad for wanting. I relish the challenge, and don't care what people think. Number 1 on my list of things to do was to sort out our new MDoAP with The Last Republic. Number 2 on my list was the NPO question.

[/quote]

You literally put a protectorate upgrade at #1 over your most important ally? I see nothing but good things in Legions FA future.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1310197904' post='2753180']
Another victory for the Ministry of Finance!

I suggest you surrender before you lose more allies.
[/quote]

I think it's unfair that people are giving all the credit to NSO and their "spies".
It's obviously Sal Paradise and our eternal enemy, the Ministry of Finance, behind this dastardly deed. What are your demands?

At Rush Sykes - are you really posting that? There's a difference between priority and list of things to do, and you know it. He just said "I first wanted to upgrade the Last Republic, then deal with the NPO stuff." He didn't say he valued one over the other or cared about one more.

Edited by Domingo the Honored

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1310219515' post='2753268']
I think it's unfair that people are giving all the credit to NSO and their "spies".
It's obviously Sal Paradise and our eternal enemy, the Ministry of Finance, behind this dastardly deed. What are your demands?

At Rush Sykes - are you really posting that? There's a difference between priority and list of things to do, and you know it. He just said "I first wanted to upgrade the Last Republic, then deal with the NPO stuff." He didn't say he valued one over the other or cared about one more.
[/quote]
Is the first thing you do not your priority, especially since choosing to upgrade the protectorate (something that could and should have waited) lost you your most important ally?

I have been Legion MoFA for one week.
[/quote]

Wait, what? Legion undergoes a major PR and FA crisis, so their first order of business is appointing a rookie MoFA? :wacko:

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1310225999' post='2753301']
Wait, what? Legion undergoes a major PR and FA crisis, so their first order of business is appointing a rookie MoFA? :wacko:
[/quote]

Sorry, bro, old one resigned to go on leave and we got in RP (an experienced Deputy MoFA) to replace him... shortly before all this happened. :ph34r:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1310167842' post='2752908']
Between this and all the spying/taunting Legion has received as of late, they really remind me of a wife in an abusive relationship, who gets divorced by her husband cuz she's not as young as she once was.

>"I can't leave him! He loves me!" *sob*
>"Hunny, I don't love you anymore. I want a divorce." *FALCON PUNCH*
>"WHYYYY?" *sob*
>*Gets married to sexy, blonde, 21 year old*
[/quote]

I do not understand this analogy, since in the great nation of Andhra, "She got fat" is one of two acceptable reasons for divorce. (The other is "Failure to provide post-coital snacks.")

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310224219' post='2753289']
Is the first thing you do not your priority, especially since choosing to upgrade the protectorate (something that could and should have waited) lost you your most important ally?
[/quote]

Choosing to upgrade their protectorate did not really have any effect on our treaty. It's not like we have some sort of issue with them.

The likely reason said upgrade was the first thing to be done was because the decision had already been made, whereas Legion was still debating where exactly they wanted to go in terms with their relationship with us. That we were making the same decision, at the same time, merely goes to show the mutual understanding that this just wasn't working.