Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1310165938' post='2752888']
I'd like to congratulate NSO's propaganda department that made NPO wet it's pants and cancel on Legion. You guys are the real winners here. Congrats! :awesome:
[/quote]

ITT: We learn that Steve Buscemi [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103458&view=findpost&p=2752742"]can't read[/url].

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310132236' post='2752407']
Poor Legion, not a friend in the world.
[/quote]

I would not be so quick to make that assumption.

Some of us still like Legion, its just that our two alliances have different paths on the foreign relations side of things.

I wish you guys the best of luck, and hopefully we will be side-by-side in the future again one day. I thank Legion for having stuck by us for all these years, and wish them good luck wherever their future takes them.

o/ Legion

Hmm.

So, people are hailing NPO in making a good move by separating themselves from the Hopeless Coalition ranks further, and patting Legion on the back for being more independent.

I draw from this that people are trying to secure NPO as a potential ally in the coming conflict, regardless of those consequences because it would be a tight war, and that people don't understand that Legion is still as terrible as they have been the last four years and cut their cord before they could stand on their own two feet.

Did I get the wrong glass of Kool-Aid, or does that sound about right?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1310166276' post='2752895']
At least until Legion needs help and Polar abandons them.
[/quote]
What happens first, Polar throws Legion to the wolves to save their own ass or Legion runs and hides in peace mode when they drag Polar to war

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1310174319' post='2752984']

I draw from this that people are trying to secure NPO as a potential ally in the coming conflict, regardless of those consequences because it would be a tight war...
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41sQCLKpi78[/media]

:unsure: What up coming conflict? :frantic:

Give us more details. When, where, what, who, how...

NPO really loses nothing in this. Legion at war is not worth much and Legion's inept handling of diplomacy and PR means they are bound to get NPO drug into some kind of mess. Legion you all have hit rock bottom but, you can use that to get it together. Revamp, reorganize and rebuild. Your an old alliance you should have people or at least know people who can advise you how to get back on the right path. Hell if you can not find someone even I would be willing to help you out. I was once a member of Legion for all of a month for that reason and because of your long history on Planet Bob I hope you can get it together. GATO and ODN came back from being Planet Bobs punching bags so can you. Good luck.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310153647' post='2752742']
Why don't you ask me directly, as you clearly know I will answer any question asked. But then where is the fun twist to that right Alyster? Let me answer it for you now vs you playing this little game:

The problems with Legion specifically started in the DH/NPO war. Pacifica clearly and with earnest takes accountability for the time we failed in communication. That however ended by mid war (if not sooner). None of that took away from just bad moves and a clear break in similar paths. It grew on both sides as time continued. Regardless of either sides want to talk about things, it just didn't happen. In addition anyone to state we were trying to get terms for Pacifica only is A) a complete moron B) just trying to create drama where their is none. I was in negotiations for all of us. If we were in just for Pacifica we would have just done our own thing and damn everyone else. The simple fact is TCK spoke for the rest of the Coalition by Coalition choice while letting us (NPO) determine our NS/TOP tier situation. Learn the facts or shut up.

To know anything about Pacifica is to know nothing moves quickly and (as many of you love to fault us and call us cocky/stuck up or whatever) it always moves at our pace. To say this was sudden and because of NSO is a straight out lie. The fact Legion and NPO didn't properly talk about NSO and the future was certainly a capper as it were (again clearly on both sides here), but the source? not even close.

Why did Pacifica state we would not support this a war between Legion and NSO? You seem to conveniently forget I had been look for Legion for days at this point and got nothing so when asked point blank I answered. As for why I stated that: clearly and simply because it (A potential war between Legion and NSO) would escalate and immediately would have us choosing between Legion or TPF (Or having TPF choose between NPO or NSO). Allies don't do that to each other. And while Legion stated "you will not have to fight TPF" the mere fact we would be supporting a war against them or a war against Legion = the NPO sits out.

The truth is never pretty, it simply exists.
[/quote]
So if you were intent on canceling since the DH/NPO war, then why did you let NSO cancel on you when their beef was simply your ties to Legion? Why not say that you value NSO as an ally more than Legion, tell them to hold the treaty and cut this one?

Because you weren't. It was politically expedient for you to drop an ally. So very Pacifican of you.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1310171816' post='2752955']
ITT: We learn that Steve Buscemi [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103458&view=findpost&p=2752742"]can't read[/url].
[/quote]
ITT: No u

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1310177732' post='2753020']
So if you were intent on canceling since the DH/NPO war, then why did you let NSO cancel on you when their beef was simply your ties to Legion? Why not say that you value NSO as an ally more than Legion, tell them to hold the treaty and cut this one?

Because you weren't. It was politically expedient for you to drop an ally. So very Pacifican of you.
[/quote]
Woah now, this isn't actually about us. That's a gross oversimplification of what all went into the decision to end our treaty, also.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1310178024' post='2753025']
Woah now, this isn't actually about us. That's a gross oversimplification of what all went into the decision to end our treaty, also.
[/quote]
Ah. Well I'm not privy to all that, I suppose.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1310177732' post='2753020']

ITT: No u
[/quote]
I doubt that NSO wanted to cancel just because of Legion. I also don't think that this was done for political expediency. Certainly it is politically expedient, but they have plenty of reasons to do so outside of that.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1310169140' post='2752924']
Sometimes I just find myself in shock at the 180 people do, you have NPO saying it is a shame the treaty was cancelled (WHY cancel then), you have someone from TOP calling Legion a terrible alliance (did TOP forget that Legion have stood beside NPO no matter what force they have faced, that's a true ally something TOP should learn) and once again people are prising NPO for dropping Legion, DAMN people its NPO how quick you all forget how fast you like to follow the waves instead of thinking for yourselves, Legion has stood beside NPO though thick and thin and yet when Legion face danger NPO packs its bags and run yet again.

Was not that long ago people would be flaming an alliance who cut tries before the risk of war, look how you all reacted when those who was allied to NPO cancelled there treaties with NPO just before karma.

Legion you are better off without NPO, they have proven once again all they care about is themselves and use your alliance among many as nothing more then meat shields, I just hope the rest of NPO's allies wake up to this and leave NPO standing alone just how they want it, all they want allies for is to take the beating aimed for them.

and before you all start on the "legion spied" or "NPO do not support spying" people please its NPO think of the crap they have done, they attacked GPA due to someone in GPA channel talking crap about NPO and GPA did nothing about it, and truth behind the attack was the high technology GPA had.
[/quote]

There was no fear of war, we simply are not going to go to war against an ally. Read into that what you want considering there is nothing extra to read in it. We do not run from war, but if that makes you feel better in your world, so be it.

As for this whole meat shield thing, 12m NS (something like that) lost by NPO in the DH/NPO war, if we had meat shields someone forgot to deploy them or let me know we had them.

As for the rest of your comments, what CN year are you living in?

Sometimes I just find myself in shock at the 180 people do... you have someone from TOP calling Legion a terrible alliance (did TOP forget that Legion have stood beside NPO no matter what force they have faced, that's a true ally something TOP should learn)
[/quote]

For the record, there has been no deviation in TOP's position on this alliance. Rolling Legion and stealing her members of quality is one of our most honored traditions.

I am a bit confused. Did Legion actually believe that it was necessary to beat the New Pacific Order to the cancellation punch? Why?! Does it matter who cancels a treaty seriously?

Oh well.

Congrats Legion...you won I guess.

Legion you are better off without NPO, they have proven once again all they care about is themselves and use your alliance among many as nothing more then meat shields, I just hope the rest of NPO's allies wake up to this and leave NPO standing alone just how they want it, all they want allies for is to take the beating aimed for them.
[/quote]

Did you realized that NPO had treatys with NSO and the Legion? It would not be right for NPO to declare war on either ally.

Edited by bill95

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1310139762' post='2752528']
So wait.....you go to hell and back for the NPO and they cancel on you? Yikes, that says more about them than you, Legion. I think we all could have said, "I told you so, Legion." when you treatied the NPO. We know they are backstabbers and infra huggers when facing a losing war and that will never change.

You are better without them Legion. Forge your own way, show up next war, and fight hard and people will let go of the past WAEgion stuff.
[/quote]

Hell and back? What, like how they put their entire alliance into peace mode and then refused to come out per the coalition plan?

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1310183402' post='2753069']
Hell and back? What, like how they put their entire alliance into peace mode and then refused to come out per the coalition plan?
[/quote]
Huh, somehow I forgot that you were on our coalition forums, in our back channels, reading about our magical "coalition plan" that Legion supposedly didn't follow.

Seriously, go whine about Polar some more; at least then you have something of substance to complain about.

[quote name='Kochers' timestamp='1310185817' post='2753084']
Huh, somehow I forgot that you were on our coalition forums, in our back channels, reading about our magical "coalition plan" that Legion supposedly didn't follow.

Seriously, go whine about Polar some more; at least then you have something of substance to complain about.
[/quote]
And with all that youve yet to refute his claims

Whoa that's a really cool graphic. I genuinely mean that, it's really nice and your photoshop people should be proud of their work.

Unfortunately it didn't distract me enough to prevent the realization that your embarrassingly pathetic alliance announced someone cancelling on [b]you[/b]. Honestly when an alliance that has been rolled twice in three years while still carrying a three year old albatross around their necks decides that they can do better, maybe it's time to start changing your attitude and overall strategy. There's no alliance I can think of whose membership has a larger misconception about their alliance's ability and public standing than the Legion, and who along with their leadership cause their alliance to be universally panned by the entire Planet. You seriously need a change in leadership, one that can keep your membership informed and actually has a plan to improve the alliance to prevent situations where one of the few alliances that would come to bat for you decides that you're a liability.