Legion Announcement: End of the "Treaty of the Purple Star"

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alexander Kerensky' timestamp='1310133281' post='2752431']
I believe I understand your confusion. There was a member of Legion who heard about this and decided to take steps far outside of his rank (in asking NPO for a meeting) and not consulting government. As Proconsul you have my full apology for the mater as it should not have happened and the member has been spoken with. If this proves to be an issue (or more than it is) I am on IRC and will discuss it with you of course. Unfortunately the bulk of our members joined Legion after the NPO Viceroy so they have never known a Legion without an NPO, sometimes irrational thinking can lead to improper decisions.
[/quote]

Its all fine, sometimes actions on the spot give the best illustrations to a problem. Best to you Legion o/

Legion was once a respectable alliance. I am old enough to remember it. Not many these days are.

This is the first good move I have seen from Legion for years. Hopefully it will be the start of a trend. There is a school of thought that when you hit rock bottom, there is nowhere to go but up. Maybe it will work out that way for you.

Next move would be a crushing blitz on NSO, can you pull it off?

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1310134580' post='2752452']
Legion was once a respectable alliance. I am old enough to remember it. Not many these days are.

This is the first good move I have seen from Legion for years. Hopefully it will be the start of a trend. There is a school of thought that when you hit rock bottom, there is nowhere to go but up. Maybe it will work out that way for you.

Next move would be a crushing blitz on NSO, can you pull it off?
[/quote]
Getting cancelled on is a good move?

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1310134012' post='2752445']
I wonder if NpO has a spot in their rectum for you.

I bet [b]UINE [/b]and Legion would be great friends in that cozy spot.
[/quote]

This part is really just a stupid thing to say. UINE and Polar have been great allies to each other.

As our paths diverge, I will look back and appreciate the friendship we had, rather than dwell on the difficulties that led to this separation. Thank you for the past, Legion, and best of luck in the future.

Ave Legio!

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1310137341' post='2752501']
Sometimes.

But what I was mostly talking about is the way they handled it.
[/quote]
What? Jumping in with your own cancelation announcement before the other guy can post his is a good way to handle things?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1310137532' post='2752506']
What? Jumping in with your own cancelation announcement before the other guy can post his is a good way to handle things?
[/quote]

You gotta admit, the best possible face you can put on a cancellation is the one presented in this announcement. They made it mutual, by preëmptively waiving the cancellation notice and doing the announcement themselves. They avoided digressions and nervous chatter, and kept it short and sweet.

In other words, they avoided all the mistakes that have characterised their actions for the last few years. Now to see whether or not they can keep it up.