End of the NPO | VE FRONT

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1342127210' post='3009348']
I believe he was referencing a hypothetical of us going in against NG from the get-go with GOD.
[/quote]

Ok, I'm glad I asked then, my first inclination was to assume he meant that CSN was the aggressor in this war, and I was about to call him out on that.

Then again a certain GOON just posted something similarly as dumb <_<

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342106298' post='3009172']
DH-NPO showed that the side with an upper tier advantage is going to win out, tbh.[/quote]

Still doesn't refute my point as that wasn't a long war, a long war isn't when people get bored.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342106298' post='3009172']
And if you bring the upper tier nations out that percentage of NS in peace mode decreases! Fun how math works, isn't it. Like I keep saying, this war will keep repeating until the alliances that are on top get their pound of flesh. Grudges aren't just thrown away in this game, they drive it. To try to turn your entire coalition into a FAN or Vox is just foolish.[/quote]

You don't say! I'm not the one telling people to go check percentage of NS in peacemode in here to find out whose hiding, you was hence my post showing how asinine your bragging was. Excuse me why I chuckle at your comment, it will keep repeating till they become more connected, its got little to do with "grudges" and more to do with "yay curbstomp". So what world you living in? As its always been like that, also stop being melodramatic, when [b]everyone[/b] hides in peacemode you will have a point. :P

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1342134099' post='3009396']
Still doesn't refute my point as that wasn't a long war, a long war isn't when people get bored.[/quote]
I would disagree because there was little actual fighting in the tiers that matter.

[quote]
Excuse me why I chuckle at your comment, it will keep repeating till they become more connected, its got little to do with "grudges" and more to do with "yay curbstomp". So what world you living in? As its always been like that, also stop being melodramatic, when [b]everyone[/b] hides in peacemode you will have a point. :P
[/quote]
You can't sign military pacts without first showing a willingness to fight. Nobody wants to save people who run for cover at the slightest hint of trouble. And not everyone in Vox was in peace mode, so I really don't see how "everyone" has to be in peace mode for the comparison to apply. Most nations of worth in the SF/XX coalition are hiding.

[quote name='Jyrinx' timestamp='1342115523' post='3009260']
We had an alliance wide vote and voted to be terrible allies and not offer any aid or support to TPF because we're terrible people and always try and hide to protect our pixels. Just look at our past history and all the curbstomps we've avoided out of cowardice.

... or maybe TPF didn't need help because VE was being crushed and thus no assistance was needed. Nah, couldn't be that.
[/quote]

Could be, but your alliance mate made it seem as though everybody on his list was terrible/has terrible ulterior motives, but in reality one could easily turn the tables.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1342114233' post='3009242']
It's hilarious to see SF/XX pissed off because they couldn't use VE like Polar used their allies in past wars .
[/quote]

Indeed, who would think something that happens [i]every[/i] war could still be funny?

To clarify the pattern: surrendering parties who aren't at the center of the conflict are lauded by the victorious side because they're out of the fight and it's a polite gesture — a win-win situation. Meanwhile, the side losing out through the surrender are understandably bitter. Whether it's justifiable or not is another matter, but DH&Co. should know this better than most given the criticism of [s]tR this war and[/s] (okay, they deserved it) Mongols/TSA last war, all of whom (with no disrespect intended) were completely inconsequential for the broader war effort. That's even more hilarious, to be fair.

VE would have expected it, as should anyone looking to surrender. It's arguably made worse by the circumstances and motivation — VE seemingly chose, against other options, to run head-first into a brick wall and they're receiving praise for it... but that's a debate I don't really care to be involved in; they can make their own decisions.

It was an interesting sideshow to the main conflict and a spirited fight — congrats to all.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342136678' post='3009411']

You can't sign military pacts without first showing a willingness to fight. Nobody wants to save people who run for cover at the slightest hint of trouble. And not everyone in Vox was in peace mode, so I really don't see how "everyone" has to be in peace mode for the comparison to apply. Most nations of worth in the SF/XX coalition are hiding.
[/quote]

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1341972026' post='3008149']
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Dave_War

DH/CnG and Allys â– Peace Mode: â–² 828 (25.63%)
SF/XX and Allys â– Peace Mode: â–¼ 622 (26.95%)

[i]Facts... don't they just suck when they dont back up your propaganda spin[/i] :awesome:
[/quote]

[img]http://gifsforum.com/images/image/stop%20posting/grand/its_time_to_stop_posting.jpg[/img]

Someone should follow you around with this.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1342122970' post='3009316']
The MK-CSN front is completely different to the NG-RIA front, similar to how the FARK-NPO front was separate to the IRON/TOP-Polar front.

[/quote]

Yet labeled as all part of one coalition within the terms of this surrender.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='JohnGulager' timestamp='1342138055' post='3009424']
[img]http://gifsforum.com/images/image/stop%20posting/grand/its_time_to_stop_posting.jpg[/img]

Someone should follow you around with this.
[/quote]
It's almost like your side doesn't know what irony is.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342100158' post='3009124']
Don't mind JB, he's still butthurt over the fact that despite his best efforts while he was an Architect of the Viridicide, there is a VE around today and it was powerful enough to isolate his hilarious alliance enough so that it imploded itself in the most amusing way possible.

He chooses to waste his breath criticizing VE for what we did (keep NPO almost entirely off of GOD, take a chunk out of them, and hinder their ability to make continued war on GOD) even though we had no obligation to do so (through the magic of non-chaining) and with all of our other allies strongly supporting the opposite coalition. He does this out of anger and spite, not out of rationality or objective thought, because he is far too emotional a person to be capable of such demanding mental tasks such as that.

He also chooses not to criticize his primary ally in Sparta, who sits with over a hundred nations in peace mode (including their entire top tier, who by not fighting freed up IRON for us), and does nothing to defend its SF allies. He also selectively doesn't remember that his alliance signed a treaty with Sparta shortly after Sparta declared war on patsies rather than people hurting their allies, and left the war before the allies they came in to support did.

He also, as part of his delusion, thinks that it has long been practice to stay in a war through its duration, no matter what, when in reality the only times that really has ever happened en masse were the times that Polar has been attacked, which was each time unfortunate because their allies have never recovered from the beatings they took in those wars, even though Polar has. I respect STA but I don't think they helped their allies in doing what they did, and they still are punished for it.

We did what we had to do in this war, if people want to call it dishonorable then that is because they came in here wanting to trash on VE in the first place. The dozens of people in here are arguing this on our behalf speak volumes about that, and the handful of people we just burned for who criticize us speak volumes about themselves.
[/quote]

I know it probably doesn't matter much, but I've been very impressed with VE throughout this conflict (granted only as an observer.)

You guys took a big hit on the chin, and didn't hide from it or complain about it.

This is how wars should be fought, short yet still very intense. Best of luck to you guys now that this is over.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1342138735' post='3009425']
Yet labeled as all part of one coalition within the terms of this surrender.
[/quote]

How?

Lightbringers Coalition was NPO & Allies who engaged VE...

This was a fun front to watch. A lot of respect to VE, they didn't hesitate to jump in with both feet knowing they were going to be overrun. They didn't throw everyone in peace first they just did what they had to do. They showed what a lot of us already knew, VE is a good fighting alliance. Props to my friends and former allies in VE and my friends and allies in NPO.

O/ VE
O/ Pacifica

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1342140636' post='3009437']
Who's the other two? B-)
[/quote]
I'll give NATO credit where credit is due and assume that there's a small third alliance over there fighting that I haven't noticed. That hypothetical third one is the reason I said roughly.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1342149995' post='3009483']
Glad to see VE went full out, instead of hiding in peace mode. For that I'm glad they got peace sooner than later. As for the SF/XX coalition, I hope they get war much much longer for their "tactics".
[/quote]

Don't make me post this on litteraly every page of every thread in here... please just dont.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1341972026' post='3008149']
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Dave_War

DH/CnG and Allys â– Peace Mode: â–² 828 (25.63%)
SF/XX and Allys â– Peace Mode: â–¼ 622 (26.95%)

[i]Facts... don't they just suck when they dont back up your propaganda spin[/i] :awesome:
[/quote]

Question.

Would people be happy with VE if they waited to peace out until GOD was let out of the war? I think its natural to assume that GOD wouldn't have left the war until RIA was given peace terms. Would RIA leave behind their fellow SF member in CSN if they were still at war with MK? Is it to big of a stretch to say that SF members wouldn't have left the war until all SF members achieved peace? If so, why should VE continue to get pounded for alliances that they don't associate with?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1342153036' post='3009529']
Question.

Would people be happy with VE if they waited to peace out until GOD was let out of the war? I think its natural to assume that GOD wouldn't have left the war until RIA was given peace terms. Would RIA leave behind their fellow SF member in CSN if they were still at war with MK? Is it to big of a stretch to say that SF members wouldn't have left the war until all SF members achieved peace? If so, why should VE continue to get pounded for alliances that they don't associate with?
[/quote]

You can look at the NATO thread for the obvious hypocrisy by these guys.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1342152116' post='3009521']
[/quote]
Recycled jokes are [i]hilarious[/i]. The point stands.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1342153129' post='3009534']
You can look at the NATO thread for the obvious hypocrisy by these guys.
[/quote]
You can physically see it standing there. It's that blatant.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1342152116' post='3009521']
Don't make me post this on litteraly every page of every thread in here... please just dont.

[/quote]

When will you realize its not about the numbers in peacemode but the reasons? For you guys its just plain to hide. For us its to cycle fresh people in and out or for those who cant be around to fight. One of those reasons is actually a tactic and the other is cowardice. Can you see which is which? I doubt it.