End of the NPO | VE FRONT

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1342098464' post='3009102']
It making sense or not to you is not my problem. It's simple. There's nothing wrong with using Peace Mode as a tactic. There's something wrong with letting your ally who came in to defend you to take all the damage by using Peace Mode as a tactic. If it makes it clear for you: It's not wrong to run away to dodge aggression on you but it's absolutely wrong when your friend throws himself in front of you to defend you and you just keep running.
[/quote]

I will repeat myself once again, since you seem to be missing the point. ZombVE CHOSE to ignore any semblance of strategy in their headlong rush at the New Pacific Order.

That was not GOD's decision.

Ignorance of war strategy or choice to not use it in order to make this clearly politically motivated move on the part of ZombVE is 100% the actions of ZombVE. There is not a clause, to my knowledge, that states that ZombVE gets to ignore the honoring of a treaty by bailing on GOD simply because GOD knows how to use strategy and ZombVE doesn't.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gen Lee' timestamp='1342064718' post='3008737']
Must say I'm very disappointed in the resolve of an alliance we have considered friends for a long time.

Alas,

"Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side."
~ Anonymous.
[/quote]

Out of God's top 40 nations 28 of them are in peace mode. VE lost 4 million NS in your defense. You sound completely ungrateful.

o/ VE
o/ peace

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1342098440' post='3009101']
Say's the AA that has it's bottom teir in peace mode and its top teir out of attack range on a quiet south pacific beach while Deino's moon bases are being taken out left right and centre.

Listen to yourself. You are standing knee deep in mud pointing a finger at the man next to you about his muddy shoes. I don't know if you realise this and are just making an attempt at PR or if you really have no perception of it.
[/quote]
[b]Wars are not won in the !@#$@#$ lower tier.[/b] Do percentages of NS in peace mode, then we'll see who's hiding.

Honestly, the headlong rush at the enemy only to peace out nearly immediately reminds me a lot of the actions of TPF during the Unjust War, where they came to the [b]~[/b] coalition the very first day and negotiated a way out of the war, which was something to the tune of lose X amount of NS and we will give you peace.

It seems likely ZombVE had a similar deal, or else they would have used some strategy in their defense of GOD. Perhaps that is the entire reason they did not use the commonly accepted and currently being used by both sides strategy of placing nations in peace mode...

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099111' post='3009109']
Honestly, the headlong rush at the enemy only to peace out nearly immediately reminds me a lot of the actions of TPF during the Unjust War, where they came to the [b]~[/b] coalition the very first day and negotiated a way out of the war, which was something to the tune of lose X amount of NS and we will give you peace.

It seems likely ZombVE had a similar deal, or else they would have used some strategy in their defense of GOD. Perhaps that is the entire reason they did not use the commonly accepted and currently being used by both sides strategy of placing nations in peace mode...
[/quote]

VE doesn't need Peace Mode. That's what warchests are for.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099111' post='3009109']

[/quote]
Or they could have used the strategy that they have been saying which was to alleviate as much pressure from GOD as possible. The easiest way to do that was to have the most amount of targets for NPO to engage, and vice versa. Of course, I'm just speculating from an outsider's viewpoint.

[quote name='hornguard' timestamp='1342099242' post='3009110']
VE doesn't need Peace Mode. That's what warchests are for.
[/quote]

Yeah, apparently you do need peace mode, or else you would still be defending your ally and honoring your treaty.

As it stands, you're currently abandoning them.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342098694' post='3009105']
I will repeat myself once again, since you seem to be missing the point. ZombVE CHOSE to ignore any semblance of strategy in their headlong rush at the New Pacific Order.

That was not GOD's decision.

Ignorance of war strategy or choice to not use it in order to make this clearly politically motivated move on the part of ZombVE is 100% the actions of ZombVE. There is not a clause, to my knowledge, that states that ZombVE gets to ignore the honoring of a treaty by bailing on GOD simply because GOD knows how to use strategy and ZombVE doesn't.
[/quote]

I am fairly sure there is not a clause in VE's treaty that bound them to optionally defend GOD and to follow whatever idiotic strategy. The terms of VE entering sound like something GOD should have worked with VE before they entered, not !@#$%*ed about in the OWF after they lost 50% of their NS.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099331' post='3009112']
Yeah, apparently you do need peace mode, or else you would still be defending your ally and honoring your treaty.

As it stands, you're currently abandoning them.
[/quote]
And if you had any sense in tactics, you should be sending a full attack on those we just peaced with because they have been weakened considerably, instead of sitting here pissing and moaning that we just delivered a sizable amount of carnage across all tiers.

I imagine if this attitude continues SPARTA may get sick of fighting for you as well. The time, the money, the infrastructure, the NS are a sacrifice and a donation. Perhaps next time you should inform your allies there is a minimum donation amount should they decide to stay up till midnight for you.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1342099474' post='3009114']
I am fairly sure there is not a clause in VE's treaty that bound them to optionally defend GOD and to follow whatever idiotic strategy. The terms of VE entering sound like something GOD should have worked with VE before they entered, not !@#$%*ed about in the OWF after they lost 50% of their NS.
[/quote]

They did try to work out terms with ZombVE before they entered.

ZombVE chose to ignore GOD and go off on their own.

[quote name='hornguard' timestamp='1342099579' post='3009115']
And if you had any sense in tactics, you should be sending a full attack on those we just peaced with because they have been weakened considerably, instead of sitting here pissing and moaning that we just delivered a sizable amount of carnage across all tiers.
[/quote]

Uh, no. That's not how war works on this planet.

Nice attempt at a deflection away from my point that you are not honoring your treaty, however. Had it been someone else, it likely would have worked.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099600' post='3009117']
They did try to work out terms with ZombVE before they entered.

ZombVE chose to ignore GOD and go off on their own.
[/quote]
And I'm sure Xiph would be more than happy to grouse about it here, or did he leave it to you to announce the treachery and deceit of Viridians?

[quote name='DocOctane' timestamp='1342099582' post='3009116']
I imagine if this attitude continues SPARTA may get sick of fighting for you as well. The time, the money, the infrastructure, the NS are a sacrifice and a donation. Perhaps next time you should inform your allies there is a minimum donation amount should they decide to stay up till midnight for you.
[/quote]
Sir, Sparta grew tired of fighting far before this war.

[quote name='hornguard' timestamp='1342099751' post='3009119']
And I'm sure Xiph would be more than happy to grouse about it here, or did he leave it to you to announce the treachery and deceit of Viridians?
[/quote]

I don't talk to Xiph much, as he and I historically don't get along.

I don't think the treachery and deceit actually comes from most Viridians. I like the general membership. It is the actions of the leadership that are at fault here.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099943' post='3009121']
Meow meow *plays with ball of yarn* meow.

Hisss.
[/quote]
Would you like your sandbox changed?

I'm not sure what more we could have done for your coalition, besides brought a keg, ordered the pizza, hosted the event, then pay for everyone's taxi home.

Edited by hornguard

Don't mind JB, he's still butthurt over the fact that despite his best efforts while he was an Architect of the Viridicide, there is a VE around today and it was powerful enough to isolate his hilarious alliance enough so that it imploded itself in the most amusing way possible.

He chooses to waste his breath criticizing VE for what we did (keep NPO almost entirely off of GOD, take a chunk out of them, and hinder their ability to make continued war on GOD) even though we had no obligation to do so (through the magic of non-chaining) and with all of our other allies strongly supporting the opposite coalition. He does this out of anger and spite, not out of rationality or objective thought, because he is far too emotional a person to be capable of such demanding mental tasks such as that.

He also chooses not to criticize his primary ally in Sparta, who sits with over a hundred nations in peace mode (including their entire top tier, who by not fighting freed up IRON for us), and does nothing to defend its SF allies. He also selectively doesn't remember that his alliance signed a treaty with Sparta shortly after Sparta declared war on patsies rather than people hurting their allies, and left the war before the allies they came in to support did.

He also, as part of his delusion, thinks that it has long been practice to stay in a war through its duration, no matter what, when in reality the only times that really has ever happened en masse were the times that Polar has been attacked, which was each time unfortunate because their allies have never recovered from the beatings they took in those wars, even though Polar has. I respect STA but I don't think they helped their allies in doing what they did, and they still are punished for it.

We did what we had to do in this war, if people want to call it dishonorable then that is because they came in here wanting to trash on VE in the first place. The dozens of people in here are arguing this on our behalf speak volumes about that, and the handful of people we just burned for who criticize us speak volumes about themselves.

Well that was a short lived front of the war, shame leaving without GOD...

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342098819' post='3009107']
[b]Wars are not won in the !@#$@#$ lower tier.[/b] Do percentages of NS in peace mode, then we'll see who's hiding.[/quote]

To your bold part, we have never seen a war long enough in this warchest world to determine that theory. Also to your second part are you an idiot or something? You could keep the same nations in peacemode throughout the war and [b]every day[/b] the war rages the percentage of NS in peacemode will increase due to everyone else in the alliance losing NS.

Rey my friend you are not cut out for this cave dwelling :P

Edited by the rebel

I would appreciate it if you treated this 'hilarious alliance' with a little more respect Goldie. We've done nothing wrong to you, and in fact several of us do (did?) have a good relationship with you. Also, JB clearly stated that's his own opinion, yadda yadda.

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1342100314' post='3009128']
I would appreciate it if you treated this 'hilarious alliance' with a little more respect Goldie. We've done nothing wrong to you, and in fact several of us do (did?) have a good relationship with you. Also, JB clearly stated that's his own opinion, yadda yadda.
[/quote]

I was referring to GGA.

Edited by goldielax25

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342100378' post='3009130']
I was referring to GGA.
[/quote]
Oh, right, I misread there.

Well, the point still applies for the other references in your post to our alliance. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342097997' post='3009095']Because ZombVE chose to fight in a manner inconsistent with Planet Bob strategy does not mean that GOD should do the same. In the face of insurmountable odds, the strategy is to put nations in peace mode.[/quote]

Says the former leader of maybe the biggest joke alliance to ever reside on Planet Bob. You're one to speak of strategy. Lol.

And as far as what you call strategy, this idea of placing large chunks of nation strength into peace mode for extended periods of time is actually hurting Planet Bob. Just because there is a knee jerk reaction to go into peace mode doesn't mean it's the proper thing to do. Go all in, take your lumps and while doing so cause as much damage as you can and there's a very good chance that your opponent will want to seek peace sooner than later as they don't want to take any more damage than is actually necessary either.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342098232' post='3009097']I enjoyed watching ZombVE burn and don't particularly mind watching the same happen to GOD, [b]as neither alliance has shown me much love.[/b][/quote]

You reap what you sow. Have a tissue.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342100158' post='3009124']
Don't mind JB, he's still butthurt over the fact that despite his best efforts while he was an Architect of the Viridicide, there is a VE around today and it was powerful enough to isolate his hilarious alliance enough so that it imploded itself in the most amusing way possible.

He chooses to waste his breath criticizing VE for what we did (keep NPO almost entirely off of GOD, take a chunk out of them, and hinder their ability to make continued war on GOD) even though we had no obligation to do so (through the magic of non-chaining) and with all of our other allies strongly supporting the opposite coalition. He does this out of anger and spite, not out of rationality or objective thought, because he is far too emotional a person to be capable of such demanding mental tasks such as that.

He also chooses not to criticize his primary ally in Sparta, who sits with over a hundred nations in peace mode (including their entire top tier, who by not fighting freed up IRON for us), and does nothing to defend its SF allies. He also selectively doesn't remember that his alliance signed a treaty with Sparta shortly after Sparta declared war on patsies rather than people hurting their allies, and left the war before the allies they came in to support did.

He also, as part of his delusion, thinks that it has long been practice to stay in a war through its duration, no matter what, when in reality the only times that really has ever happened en masse were the times that Polar has been attacked, which was each time unfortunate because their allies have never recovered from the beatings they took in those wars, even though Polar has. I respect STA but I don't think they helped their allies in doing what they did, and they still are punished for it.

We did what we had to do in this war, if people want to call it dishonorable then that is because they came in here wanting to trash on VE in the first place. The dozens of people in here are arguing this on our behalf speak volumes about that, and the handful of people we just burned for who criticize us speak volumes about themselves.
[/quote]

[quote][09:22] <Jonathan_Brookbank|BalMasque> lol someone got goldie's attention on that thread
[09:22] <Jonathan_Brookbank|BalMasque> Here comes some million year old reference to the Emerald Affairs which I wasn't even gov of GGA to have a role in
[09:22] <Jonathan_Brookbank|BalMasque> and ignorance of the fact that without myself and Sponge ZombVE would not exist
[09:23] <Jonathan_Brookbank|BalMasque> I do so enjoy his posts
[09:23] <Jonathan_Brookbank|BalMasque> :P[/quote]

You are ever so predictable, goldie. I happened to like VE during the Emerald Affairs. It was a mistake of mine to not walk away from GGA when the government decided to, at the urging of our Elder Statesman, ALdbeign (the actual architect, contrary to popular belief that it was Bilrow or the ignorant belief of you that it was me), take the action that it took. At the time I was not a Triumvir, so there was literally nothing I could do to stop the attack.

However, I atoned for my sins (of not walking away, since I didn't actually do any planning or have a say in whether the attack happened), by, along with Electron_Sponge, midwife'ing the new Viridian Entente into existence. Without the two of us, there would be no ZombVE today, besmirching the once good name of VE.

You can continue with your ignorant tirade against me, however, as anyone with any knowledge of history continues to laugh at you as you try your absolute best (which, while I'm proud of your effort, is incredibly lacking in any actual effect) to make this out to be some sort of longstanding effort of mine to destroy ZombVE.

It is unfortunate that Egore was called away to another world, as he was a far more intelligent and quality leader than you could ever hope to be.