End of the NPO | VE FRONT

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1342062505' post='3008652']
As expected. Congrats NPO. Thanks for proving me right once again, VE.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If I recall correctly your side has long touted the virtues of VE, usually espousing them as a most reliable ally. I have my own opinions, if truth be told, but even I can admit that VE fought much harder than certain others in your coalition (for example, GOD, the alliance that VE entered to defend, or yourself even).[/color]

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1342153975' post='3009545']
When will you realize its not about the numbers in peacemode but the reasons? For you guys its just plain to hide. For us its to cycle fresh people in and out or for those who cant be around to fight. One of those reasons is actually a tactic and the other is cowardice. Can you see which is which? I doubt it.
[/quote]

Oh thats right cause when you look at your peace mode stats its all good sound strategy but when you look at other peoples peace mode stats its all cowardice and wrong.

Its like the whale on the left saying the whale on the right is fat and ugly, but their fat is quality fat cause its an energy reserve! :awesome:

The best part about your statement if it was to be proven true (*ifffff) is that it would in tern indicate that the people in war mode in your coalition are far more cowardly then the people in war mode in our coaltion as your war moders need to constantly run to peace mode to lick their wounds while ours never leave war mode and power on for the entire war straight without any break, virtually making them Rambo-esque hero's in comparison to the peace mode rotators you want to claim ownership of. I will add right now I dont beleive this for a second though as I think your asumptions about peace mode rotation are largely imaginary or at best grossly exagerated.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1342158781' post='3009593']
[color="#0000FF"]If I recall correctly your side has long touted the virtues of VE, usually espousing them as a most reliable ally. I have my own opinions, if truth be told, but even I can admit that VE fought much harder than certain others in your coalition (for example, GOD, the alliance that VE entered to defend, or yourself even).[/color]
[/quote]
I haven't touted any virtues of VE in the history of my nation. Never have, never will.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1342158781' post='3009593']
[/quote]
You obviously know as much about Gibs as you know about anything else.

When will you realize its not about the numbers in peacemode but the reasons? For you guys its just plain to hide. For us its to cycle fresh people in and out or for those who cant be around to fight. One of those reasons is actually a tactic and the other is cowardice. Can you see which is which? I doubt it.
[/quote]

Are you for real? Both coalitions have nearly the same percentage in PM, and you're saying when coalition A does it they're cowards, and when Coalition B does it they're just cycling people out. Honestly, I don't even know any more. I would say this is getting stupid, but the peace mode thing went full retard weeks ago, but people like yourself seam just hell bent on spouting such drivel.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342163937' post='3009621']
Are you for real? Both coalitions have nearly the same percentage in PM, and you're saying when coalition A does it they're cowards, and when Coalition B does it they're just cycling people out. Honestly, I don't even know any more. I would say this is getting stupid, but the peace mode thing went full retard weeks ago, but people like yourself seam just hell bent on spouting such drivel.
[/quote]

Never go full retard! :awesome:

[/quote]

Now we have a nomination for worst post of the year.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1342085243' post='3009001']
edit: I also love how obvious the replies are here that VE declared politically, not to actually defend GOD.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342095223' post='3009062']
While some people from SF are crying, there are others (including non SF folks) that recognized from the very beginning what ZombVE's intentions were here. This thread has only served to prove us right.
[/quote]

I love how you two continue to suggest that you've uncovered some sort of secret or that you'd called this all along when we denied it. Our intentions and attitude to this war were clearly laid out by Impero in the DoW thread, you aren't onto any kind of hidden plan here so need need for the endless self-congratulation and back-slapping.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342139151' post='3009430']
All I got out of reading Brookbank, was that in this war, NPO showed VE why GGA doesnt need WRC's. Did I read the thread right?
[/quote]
All I got was that he's pissed about losing his lvl 9 planes medal.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1342153129' post='3009534']
You can look at the NATO thread for the obvious hypocrisy by these guys.
[/quote]

Sweeping statement are so adorable. Judging one coalition by a few *称posters is so reasonable!
I don't know VE's situation enough to judge their acceptance of peace, please don't pretend you know NATO's one.

As I said already, congrats on peace. You surely did you best in the fight.

[/quote]

This post is hilarious.

Not wishing to prolong this peace mode debate but -

Would VE be a better ally if they had put a much larger percentage of their NS in peacemode, prolonged their involvement in the conflict whilst doing and receveiving the same amount of damage ouver the extended period of time by cycling in and out of PM?

It seems to me they did as much damage as quickly as they could and when they could realisitcally not do much more have agreed to peace out. I do not see what massive benfit would be achieved if half or whatever of them sat in peacemode and cycle in and out (assuming this is the tactic that is being suggested is the way to go) to prolong the conflict but do less damage over a given period of time.

By the way shout out to one of my VE opponents this war SatanisLuciferi.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342136678' post='3009411']
I would disagree because there was little actual fighting in the tiers that matter.[/quote]

Tiers that matter? If the top tier isn't fighting then the top tiers don't matter only the tiers which are fighting matter... Because both sides which are fighting will become war weary and both sides in the ranges will become ruins, with the top tier looking down from their ivory towers it becomes a battle of will on which sides fighters break first.

Never been a war long enough to prove the theory that top tiers created because lack of war bores them :'(

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342136678' post='3009411']
You can't sign military pacts without first showing a willingness to fight. Nobody wants to save people who run for cover at the slightest hint of trouble. And not everyone in Vox was in peace mode, so I really don't see how "everyone" has to be in peace mode for the comparison to apply. Most nations of worth in the SF/XX coalition are hiding.[/quote]

Once one side doesn't use peacemode ever during a war then you can tout your propaganda. The rest of your comment is void since you mentioned FAN or did you conveniently forget that to fit your counter argument.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342163937' post='3009621']
[/quote]
It is true though, to some extent. There are two primary uses for Peace Mode:

First is as a useful tool during war to keep control of war declarations. It can be used to keep nations in reserve for staggers, as well as for getting out of anarchy and restocking nukes. This is a tactic being used by both sides in this war fairly equally.

Second it can be used to avoid taking any damage at all. This is also being done by both sides in this war, but it is [i]primarily[/i] being used by the SF/XX coalition. With a few small exceptions I, and I'm sure others, find this tactic to be pointless and cowardly.

It's not that when one coalities uses PM it's valid and when the other does it is not; it's the fact that each coalition has demonstrably different priorities in its use.

Your opponent will not attack you where you are strong and won't let you use your "big stick". The lament of every stronger opponent. Welcome to warfare as it actually is. Learn to embrace this cold hard fact and quit trying to change Bob into a game.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1342178392' post='3009653']
This post is hilarious.
[/quote]
How? I mean, compared to this:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1342198242' post='3009736']
Tiers that matter? If the top tier isn't fighting then the top tiers don't matter only the tiers which are fighting matter... Because both sides which are fighting will become war weary and both sides in the ranges will become ruins, with the top tier looking down from their ivory towers it becomes a battle of will on which sides fighters break first.

Never been a war long enough to prove the theory that top tiers created because lack of war bores them :'(

Once one side doesn't use peacemode ever during a war then you can tout your propaganda. The rest of your comment is void since you mentioned FAN or did you conveniently forget that to fit your counter argument.
[/quote]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1342178392' post='3009653']
This post is hilarious.
[/quote]

He has a completely legitimate point. It's not about peace mode itself, but rather, utilization. I don't see how that argument is illegitimate.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1342210464' post='3009798']
He has a completely legitimate point. It's not about peace mode itself, but rather, utilization. I don't see how that argument is illegitimate.
[/quote]
Because it shows that he actually thinks he can stick his head in the ground and pretend our top tier doesn't exist when it's dropping billions of dongs down on the lower tier, giving them a decisive advantage.

[quote name='Yggdrazil' timestamp='1342207215' post='3009779']
Your opponent will not attack you where you are strong and won't let you use your "big stick". The lament of every stronger opponent. Welcome to warfare as it actually is. Learn to embrace this cold hard fact and quit trying to change Bob into a game.
[/quote]
That has nothing to do with it. With a few exceptions here and there, I find the act of sitting in peace mode to avoid participating in a war to be wholly pointless and cowardly.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1342216108' post='3009850']
Because it shows that he actually thinks he can stick his head in the ground and pretend our top tier doesn't exist when it's dropping billions of dongs down on the lower tier, giving them a decisive advantage.
[/quote]

It is an advantage against nations who are unprepared for war. If you sent aid to say nations fighting against say timberland's small nation, all you would be doing is aiding timba via loot.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1342216108' post='3009850']
[/quote]
That 3mil sure helps against my nukes and wonders.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1342221977' post='3009882']
That 3mil sure helps against my nukes and wonders.
[/quote]
Considering that we have plenty of nations at your size with the same wonders, they don't really make much of a difference.

quiz, BD or RV would have no problem with you.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1342224304' post='3009888']
Considering that we have plenty of nations at your size with the same wonders, they don't really make much of a difference.

quiz, BD or RV would have no problem with you.
[/quote]
Well I'll be out of this cycle in 3 days so they can bring it