End of the NPO | VE FRONT

All of a sudden, this thread is about Viricide. Normally, I wouldn't think too much about leaving the battlefield early, but these guys literally gave it their all and I cannot deny that. This is a well deserved peace. Staying in any more would have had a nominal influence in helping GOD. The last two weeks was really the pivotal stage to tie us up against GOD. The reality is that VE has put in more effort in this war than many other alliances in the SF coalition.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe you have any effort to destroy VE, you spend far too much effort destroying the credibility of you and the alliances you lead to have any leftover for destroying us.

I take it from your lack of response to four of my five points that you agree with the rest, so thank you.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342101067' post='3009139']
I don't believe you have any effort to destroy VE, you spend far too much effort destroying the credibility of you and the alliances you lead to have any leftover for destroying us.

I take it from your lack of response to four of my five points that you agree with the rest, so thank you.
[/quote]

Yes, I did choose to ignore the rest of your post because you are so obsessed with a part of history that I had nothing to do with that none of your posting towards me makes any sense, and the largest portion of it is baseless insults and attacks against me.

Did I hurt your feelings by being able to read you like a book? I'm sorry, I truly am.

We'll go ahead and run through them, though, just to make little goldielax feel better.

1) Already addressed. Clearly revisionist history or ignorance on your part. Please try again.
2) Your ally was attacked. You have an MDP. There is clearly obligation there. Honestly, I would have expected you guys to weasel out of this war by claiming non-chaining, so kudos for at least pretending to put an effort in.
3) Oh noes, I'm not talking about an alliance that has nothing to do with this thread in this thread! Whatever could be wrong with me, not wanting to take this announcement off-topic. I should be more like you, talking about things that have nothing to do with what was posted here.
4) I seem to remember, throughout history, pretty much all major coalitions remaining at war alongside their allies until all were granted peace or until their allies told them it was okay to leave. From what I can tell, you guys definitely didn't do the first thing and apparently didn't do the second, either.
5) You chose not to honor your treaty. That is clearly a dishonorable action. This is an objective fact. The only people applauding this are the other side, whom you just helped out immensely.

There we go. Hope you feel better now!

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342064874' post='3008746']
You guys definitely picked the perfect spot to enter, without your joining we would probably have continued to hammer away at your ally.

That being said, we have no horse in this coalition, we entered to take heat off of GOD and we certainly achieved that. We fought harder and inflicted more damage in our time in battle than probably any other alliance in GOD's coalition will do in their wars regardless of how long they stay in. We went into this war knowing we'd be on our own, and without any obligation by treaty to do so, and gave just as good as we took. If people want to give us crap for that, go right ahead, haters are going to hate.
[/quote]
Much respect for entering this war to defend your ally. Especially considering we were the ones who hit them -- I'm sure it will not be lost on some that NG fired the first shots on that front, and that we entered in support of NG. Nevertheless, you came in to support your ally knowing it would hurt, and by all accounts you achieved the goal you set out to achieve.

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1342065457' post='3008782']
VE went in to defend your alliance and lost ~49% of their overall NS. They fought bravely and hard for you and you have the gall to say that you are "disappointed"... Wow.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1342066662' post='3008841']
It involves me burning things.. so.. about 100%.

Well fought Goldielax. You and VE have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and I feel somewhat badly for the Pacificans here who do not see the valor in your efforts. They will be beaten until they perceive the world correctly. I would send some of the Babies I have on my plate over here for you to dine upon.. but I think Viridian eat Viridian might be considered cannibalism and uncouth.
[/quote]
Also this. As second in command of Pacifica, I'm in charge of ensuring that all departments are faithfully and efficiently executing the policies set forth by our Emperor. I will make sure that the baby rations are reduced and the beatings continued until everyone achieves the correct perspective.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1342067337' post='3008862']
Fully agreed, this is why 2006 and 2007 were so fun. Short engagements but full out fights with more drama in between.
[/quote]
We need more fights like this. I had a very fun time against some worthy opponents. My nation dropped from 47k to 18k NS due overwhelmingly to VE. Anyone saying they didn't fight like mad for GOD is crazy.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1342067877' post='3008885']
it's funny to see the same people that, two weeks ago, were pissed about VE entering the war now berating them for leaving it
[/quote]
I only wish it were funny. Sadly, it's all too predictable.

[quote name='DonVox' timestamp='1342067918' post='3008886']
As a percentage of NS, only CSN and AGW Overlords have lost more than VE. VE deserves the swift end to this conflict.
[/quote]
Agreed. An NPO of the past might have been much more strict with terms, but the "new" NPO appreciates the broader perspective. VE entered to defend their ally, and we can't fault them for that. They sacrificed enough pixels; they made their point quite clearly. The terms were fair.

[quote name='Ch33kY' timestamp='1342071916' post='3008948']
It's disgusting how amiable and friendly everyone is about this war. Where is the blood, screaming and tears that I have so enjoyed from the conflict on Planet Bob all these years?
[/quote]
I think I just found them, bub. :smug: But this fight wasn't about animosity, this fight was all business on both sides. If the result had been different, you would have seen the same tone from all involved.

You have 16 posts in a thread about VE, I don't think obsessed is an adjective you should be describing anyone else with.

Yes, we pretended to give NPO and its allies hell and lost half of our NS. You know nothing about what our allies did or did not tell us was OK. When you criticize one group and don't criticize another for similar 'offenses', that is hypocrisy. When you say "from what I can tell" it becomes a synonym for "I know nothing". Our treaty and alliance policy specifies we defend GOD should they come under direct attack, we chose to honor the treaty when we were under no obligation to do so.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342099600' post='3009117']
They did try to work out terms with ZombVE before they entered.

ZombVE chose to ignore GOD and go off on their own.
[/quote]

You know you sound like an idiot when you keep saying that, it'd be like me saying Ball Musk ad nauseum and at least that has wordplay.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342102443' post='3009148']
You have 16 posts in a thread about VE, I don't think obsessed is an adjective you should be describing anyone else with.

Yes, we pretended to give NPO and its allies hell and lost half of our NS. You know nothing about what our allies did or did not tell us was OK. When you criticize one group and don't criticize another for similar 'offenses', that is hypocrisy. When you say "from what I can tell" it becomes a synonym for "I know nothing". Our treaty and alliance policy specifies we defend GOD should they come under direct attack, we chose to honor the treaty when we were under no obligation to do so.
[/quote]

I actually do know what your allies told you, for that matter, but you can continue to lie to everyone all you like. You were asked to not attack NPO and to attack another alliance. As far as the surrender goes, I stand correct in that they told you that you could surrender, but hoped you would make the right call and continue defending them based on the treaty.

As far as the number of posts in here, I can hardly help that I'm being forced to repeat the same facts over and over because people can't seem to read them the first time.

Also, once again, talking about Sparta would be off-topic. It has no place in a thread about the alliances of ZombVE and the "Lightbringers."

Yes, we were asked at the last minute to not defend our allies. With the wheels in motion already, we decided to defend them anyway.

Maybe you should go get logs from Impero or Xiph before you go around pretending like you know what they said to each other.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342101860' post='3009143']
4) I seem to remember, throughout history, pretty much all major coalitions remaining at war alongside their allies until all were granted peace or until their allies told them it was okay to leave. From what I can tell, you guys definitely didn't do the first thing and apparently didn't do the second, either.
5) You chose not to honor your treaty. That is clearly a dishonorable action. This is an objective fact. The only people applauding this are the other side, whom you just helped out immensely.
[/quote]

Xiph knew about this. So I don't know which orifice to stick this argument, they all look and smell the same.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1342103344' post='3009154']
I actually do know what your allies told you, for that matter, but you can continue to lie to everyone all you like. You were asked to not attack NPO and to attack another alliance. [/quote]

Who else attacked GOD? I'm sorry we were not in this war to be pawns for the SF/XX coalition that barely fought its own wars. We made a commitment and we lost a lot more NS than some of the main players in it while having a lot more fun than anyone else on this "side" (except for maybe fark). In the end you're entitled to your own opinion but Viridia as a whole is satisfied with how this went about and glad we were able to fight some classy opponents.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1342100158' post='3009124']
We did what we had to do in this war, if people want to call it dishonorable then that is because they came in here wanting to trash on VE in the first place. The dozens of people in here are arguing this on our behalf speak volumes about that, and the handful of people we just burned for who criticize us speak volumes about themselves.
[/quote]
In case some people are completely oblivious, it's worth mentioning that a goodly fraction of those arguing on your behalf just got out of a bloody war against you. It is especially telling when you consider that some of those people, including me, historically have been in camps opposing VE.

Good show in this war, VE. You have much to offer in this world. I hope your rebuilding goes smoothly and quickly.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1342100253' post='3009125']
To your bold part, we have never seen a war long enough in this warchest world to determine that theory.[/quote]
DH-NPO showed that the side with an upper tier advantage is going to win out, tbh.

[quote]Also to your second part are you an idiot or something? You could keep the same nations in peacemode throughout the war and [b]every day[/b] the war rages the percentage of NS in peacemode will increase due to everyone else in the alliance losing NS.
[/quote]
And if you bring the upper tier nations out that percentage of NS in peace mode decreases! Fun how math works, isn't it. Like I keep saying, this war will keep repeating until the alliances that are on top get their pound of flesh. Grudges aren't just thrown away in this game, they drive it. To try to turn your entire coalition into a FAN or Vox is just foolish.

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1342071617' post='3008943']
I'm glad to see the war come to a quick and amicable conclusion. Much respect for the way VE handled themselves in this war, head on and without fear! We have that much in common and more I'm sure.

I'm just sorry that noone but Illusionude took me up on residency at our 5 star POW Camp. I mean, all the baby back ribs, smoked Brisket and various marinated and seasoned cooked meats... all sitting there in the dining hall... Illusionude may end up getting even fatter than before.... ;)

oo/ VE
oo/ Our side
[/quote]

"baby back ribs" Therein lies the reason. Viridians aren't taken to consuming the ribs of little infants.

Congratulations to our Pacifica allies for this sound victory. Impressive as always :)

Also kuddos to VE for actually fighting this war. I expected them to [s]safely hide[/s] strategically keep her top tier in PM like most of the coalition after years of being on the winning side. But they chose to show the world how real war is waged. NPO has lost 20% of her strength and I seriously doubt that GOD's peace mode nations are responsible for these damages.

To be fair, I believe the anti-VE comments in this thread are from less than a handful of people. To paint GOD as unappreciative from the comments of a few is unfair. No doubt they would have liked for us to stay in the fight longer, but with all the information at hand, it's easy to see we did about as much damage as we were going to do and were at a point where there probably wasn't much left in the tank in regards to nukes and offensive capability. We could have kept grinding it out and doing a lot of damage in the lower tiers, but in the end that's not where it counts.

We had a lot of fun and most of my NPO opponents were great. Here's to hoping the other fronts end soon and amicable terms are agreed to.

With The International not defending it's allies, House Baratheon changing sides, Umbrella one more time choosing how treaties to honor and Viridian Entente abandoning allies in the battlefield will be hard to decide who was the worse ally in this war.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1342096827' post='3009078']
So much for not being on a 'side'. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Really... there had to be a drawing line. Stop being D34th. When did you start being a complete moron?

[quote name='ditchboy00' timestamp='1342097655' post='3009089']
..... VE was losing 200k a day while GoD is losing 25k.
[/quote]

Exactly.

But don't worry the pulpit propaganda and the push for people to do the work for them is what will continue, and people wonder where bitterness comes from.

Like I told you before Xiph... you like using cannon fodder.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1342112682' post='3009219']
Really... there had to be a drawing line. Stop being D34th. When did you start being a complete moron?
[/quote]

I can answer that: When he started to disagree with your political views.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1342112923' post='3009222']
Like I told you before Xiph... you like using cannon fodder.
[/quote]

Oh the irony of this statement is sooooo good.

How do you think MK is using you dear esteemed leader of NPO? :lol1:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1342113304' post='3009225']
I can answer that: When he started to disagree with your political views.

Oh the irony of this statement is sooooo good.

How do you think MK is using you dear esteemed leader of NPO? :lol1:
[/quote]

Boy do you have a lot to learn. But that is okay. Look at me I am D34th, what do I offer the community... Why its my jester hat.

And for the record, periodicially Xiph and I take a shot at one another. Was mine ill timed, probably. The next volley is his and I look forward to it.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1342112619' post='3009218']
With The International not defending it's allies, House Baratheon changing sides, Umbrella one more time choosing how treaties to honor and Viridian Entente abandoning allies in the battlefield will be hard to decide who was the worse ally in this war.[/quote]

STA, clearly.

They have MDoAPs with NPO and TPF and sat the entire war on the VE front out, not offering one bit of aid or support. They didn't even have the distraction of a pending merger as an valid excuse.