An Important Seaworthy Announcement

porksaber

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1318888510' post='2827356']
And you people think Arrnea was in PM during the 18 hours war because he was afraid to lose his precious NS? Not only is it that I can't recall Arrnea keeping out of the conflict (he was even in the initial wave), but also I can tell you that even if he had, it seems noone had a problem with it. But defamation is by no means better than hypocrisy.
[/quote]

It's called 'honor when convenient'. Take into consideration this was the only time he was <not> in PM, and it was only because he had a legion of allies backing him, and was on the offensive. Every time on the defensive? Nope.

Also, afraid to lose precious NS? I don't know, if I'm ironic for losing 30k NS already for my alliance, you must be blind. It's by no means alot, but I'd sure as hell be willing to burn off all my remaining infra and tech if I wasn't told by my own members, again, to sit in PM. (which also happened last conflict)

Beyond that, come back when your material is good enough to come at me, ya dig? :smug:

Edited by Elrich von Richt

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1318888510' post='2827356']
And you people think Arrnea was in PM during the 18 hours war because he was afraid to lose his precious NS? Not only is it that I can't recall Arrnea keeping out of the conflict (he was even in the initial wave), but also I can tell you that even if he had, it seems noone had a problem with it. But defamation is by no means better than hypocrisy.
[/quote]
Last time I checked, it was NG at war with SOS right now, not NsO at war with SOS. I apoligize if I keep comparing the past to events that taking place currently right now. I think people care more about Arrnea being in peace mode when NG declared.

Edited by Saniiro Matsudaira

[quote name='deSouza' timestamp='1318820658' post='2826744']
Truly beautiful this post karma world is.
[/quote]
You should tell this to Brehon, he validated this aggression earlier ITT. All to get closer to the present superstructure. His obsession for power is unhealthy.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318893631' post='2827404']
You should tell this to Brehon, he validated this aggression earlier ITT. All to get closer to the present superstructure. His obsession for power is unhealthy.
[/quote]

Yup you got me there /rolls eyes

I conceded, during the war even, it was within their rights to attack (referencing DH). That is the CN world today. It was accepted when the NPO was hit, it was accepted before that, it is accepted today. You missed the point where I said at this point arguing against it is pure grandstanding because its simply based on peoples political spheres.

Do I and the rest of the government of the NPO work to better our strength and influence. Of course, we have made no bones about it. But in that same light, the ends don't justify the means. How does this relate to this war... simple..

NG has stated their 3 causes for war: Poaching, Falsifying something to implicate NG and the sheer fact they don't like SOS.

Doesn't matter if someone agrees or not on the poaching, its NG's reason and if its valid to their sovereign alliance, its valid. SOS hasn't denied the falsifying in an attempt to implicate NG in something. It doesn't matter whether I agree with it or not, NG has once again a sovereign right to act upon it. No as to the "We don't like you." I, directly, in posts, on air, in person and everywhere else during and after the DH/NPO war stated I could respect the bluntness and directness of that (vs all the other bs reasons). I think the pre-empt on NPO was bs, but I also stated we were outplayed and they were STILL in their right to do so. Didn't matter if I liked it or not. Nothing I have said has changed. You know why? Its true. In this case NG gave 3 reasons for this war. They covered their political duty while adhering to their sovereign rights as an alliance.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318871428' post='2827220']
We both know there is a little more too it than that.
[/quote]

[b]I[/b] and [b]my allies[/b] both know that there is nothing more to it than that. I don't recall you being present in any of my queries or discussions with UPN or Legion, so on what authority do you claim there is 'more to it'?

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1318872039' post='2827231']
I think in this context (declaring on your allies not being a particularly ballsy move), the fact you are a liability to your own allies, who'd rather get pounded by whoever wants to attack them, than have you around attracting even more enemies - is not so much better than you shying away from a fight.

Whether you don't care about your allies, or are more of a danger to them than help - it still makes you a pretty worthless ally, ties to which are strictly one sided (because I doubt you'd hesitate in calling in all your allies and their hamster if someone attacked you).
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that exactly that description is the case here. UPN took the hit for them and for all their allies, because a) they believed they were in the wrong and b) they knew they would lose the war if it escalated. Polaris entering the war wouldn't have caused a ton of alliances to declare on them and us any more than Sentinel entering the war would have. Both would likely have activated the same number of treaties, perhaps an extra for Polaris because we're bigger or something of that sort. As for the current Legion situation, yes there are several alliances who have apparently been chomping at the bit to attack us for whatever reason, but they're not exactly 'getting pounded', as you say.

All in all, I agree that at this point Polaris is something of a liability as an ally, because there are so many who want to beat us down while we're in a weak political position. Or for other reasons, some of which I respect, others I can't fathom. All it does for me is increase my respect for those who have sworn they will stand by us no matter what, even in these tough times.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318872502' post='2827233']
I'm not. It's a general FA statement.
[/quote]

What does that mean?

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1318873281' post='2827240']
Personally? Yes.

You didn't say, however "Try it and find out, assuming they don't ask us to stay out". You merely asked someone to try it and find out. What we've found out, is that you get told to sit on the sidelines...alot.
[/quote]

Personally, I would rather we entered too. War is fun, and I've been sitting here for awhile waiting for something interesting to happen. Other than that, we're arguing semantics. So I will leave this one as it is.

Anyway, this thread is not about Polaris. We're not even involved in this one. You two have fun now.

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1318884353' post='2827313']
Details, details. I think the moral of our story is that this is a long time coming. The only bad part is that Locke and Bernkastel escaped, and Arrnea's cowering in peace mode.
[/quote]

I don't know how being expelled equates to escaping. That would imply I left of my own accord and I did not. That said, I wanted SOS to move on and made even great strides to do so as Chief. I did not support the continuous plotting, planning and finding any CB he can to roll Tetris, NsO, iFOK and SLCB. Arrnea lived and breathed for putting them in the dustbin (as you very well know). I never really had anything against anyone. I just went with the flow of the drama queen.

[quote name='Bernkastel' timestamp='1318902113' post='2827484']
I don't know how being expelled equates to escaping. That would imply I left of my own accord and I did not. That said, I wanted SOS to move on and made even great strides to do so as Chief. I did not support the continuous plotting, planning and finding any CB he can to roll Tetris, NsO, iFOK and SLCB. Arrnea lived and breathed for putting them in the dustbin (as you very well know). I never really had anything against anyone. I just went with the flow of the drama queen.
[/quote]

To be fair, my judgement towards you in the past (and Locke) has been clouded.

I think I've started to gain new-found respect for both of you after figuring out circumstances over time.

Seeing how NG dealt with those who did any aid transactions with me while at war, maybe I should stop sending NG that tech they wanted to make myself more neutral due to these wars. This is the second war you guys have started while I'm still doing these tech reps, if you guys want to forgot the last of the reps, I wouldn't mind fighting on SOS Brigades side to try making this war a little more challenging for you guys if you want to fight me another round just for fun. :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318905615' post='2827533']
Seeing how NG dealt with those who did any aid transactions with me while at war, maybe I should stop sending NG that tech they wanted to make myself more neutral due to these wars. This is the second war you guys have started while I'm still doing these tech reps, if you guys want to forgot the last of the reps, I wouldn't mind fighting on SOS Brigades side to try making this war a little more challenging for you guys if you want to fight me another round just for fun. :P
[/quote]

The run on sentences, they burn my eyes.

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1318905813' post='2827535']
The run on sentences, they burn my eyes.
[/quote]
That was a 3 sentence paragraph and not very long. The last sentence was a little long, but I think you're mistaking sentences with more content than you can grasp as a run on sentences. If you can't understand a sentence which brings up more than one point in it, then that limits your reading comprehension and ability to post something beyond a simple statement.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318906195' post='2827542']
That was a 3 sentence paragraph and not very long. The last sentence was a little long, but I think you're mistaking sentences with more content than you can grasp as a run on sentences. If you can't understand a sentence which brings up more than one point in it, then that limits your reading comprehension and ability to post something beyond a simple statement.
[/quote]
Being able to count to 2 properly doesn't hurt either. Unless you're counting that smiley as a sentence.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318906195' post='2827542']
[/quote]

I like where this is going! just a few points of interest:

1. There are 2 sentences there.
2. I like it better when you talked about joining the SOS side, and I encourage you to do this.
3. Nothing much to report here.
4. Average intelligence.

In conclusion, please follow through on your big boy talk, ghost SOS and attack me.

Thanks for your continued professionalism.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1318906481' post='2827547']
Being able to count to 2 properly doesn't hurt either. Unless you're counting that smiley as a sentence.
[/quote]
Of courses the smiley counts, guess I thought I had an extra period in there. Either way splitting up a sentence with commas to get the full point across in one sentence isn't anymore incorrect grammar wise as dividing what you have to say into the highest possible amount of sentences.

Seeing how NG dealt with those who did any aid transactions with me while at war, maybe I should stop sending NG that tech they wanted to make myself more neutral due to these wars. This is the second war you guys have started while I'm still doing these tech reps. If you guys want to forgot the last of the reps, I wouldn't mind fighting on SOS Brigades side to try making this war a little more challenging for you guys if you want to fight me another round just for fun.

I could split it up into 3 with it still making sense, although I don't how "This is the second war you guys have started while I'm still doing these tech reps, if you guys want to forgot the last of the reps, I wouldn't mind fighting on SOS Brigades side to try making this war a little more challenging for you guys if you want to fight me another round just for fun." shouldn't be any harder to understand than "This is the second war you guys have started while I'm still doing these tech reps. If you guys want to forgot the last of the reps, I wouldn't mind fighting on SOS Brigades side to try making this war a little more challenging for you guys if you want to fight me another round just for fun."

Its saying the same thing, just with 1 less sentence than I could of had.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Wentworth' timestamp='1318907246' post='2827554']
Also Locke you are funny. I remember before you were in GOD you were like lighthearted and "huggles everybody"! Now you're in GOD and your tough.
[/quote]
If that's what you think then you didn't know me before GOD or now.