An Important Seaworthy Announcement

porksaber

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1318969325' post='2828101']
If you're talking about arexes, he is not in government. Just so you know.
[/quote]
Arexes is always in government; I remember when this claim was made by iFOK. It must have been two months later at most that he was a triumvir.

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1318969325' post='2828101']
If you're talking about arexes, he is not in government. Just so you know.
[/quote]

Obviously advisors are part of government and this is an evil NCC plot to distract us all...

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318968584' post='2828092']
You have a government member who has never in his entire life spoken the truth about anything to anyone.
[/quote]

Are you honestly the right person to be trying to call someone out on the truth?

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318968584' post='2828092']
You have a government member who has never in his entire life spoken the truth about anything to anyone.
[/quote]

...I'm not sure how to respond to this.

1) The truth is to Haflinger, as stable sane leadership is to NoWedge.
2) The truth is to Haflinger, as excellent war comrades is to NpO.
3) The truth is to Haflinger, as tech hoarding is to GOONS.
4) All of the Above

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318969599' post='2828106']
Arexes is always in government; I remember when this claim was made by iFOK. It must have been two months later at most that he was a triumvir.
[/quote]
There has been a sustained campaign to try and get him to return to government but thus far no success. I'll be sure to let you know the disappointing (?) news if it succeeds :P

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1318969920' post='2828112']
Obviously advisors are part of government and this is an evil NCC plot to distract us all...
[/quote]
:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

The advisor position really explains itself, though :)

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1318964846' post='2828053']
The real question on my mind is why would anyone have a grievance with Non Grata?
[/quote]
And here I thought you went out of your way to give people reasons to have grievances with you guys, although I doubt that's a serious question coming from you.

[/quote]

Heh, too bad Polanski* didn't think of this line of thought. "How can you say she was too young? She's had 21 years not 6 years after the incident!"

[size="1"]disclaimer
*The infamous screenwriter** from nation of Amfora Kulista.

** Yup. Ours is a screenwriter. Couldn't even afford a multimillion villa to be housejailed in.[/size]

[/quote]
Actually, we just booted Arexes from gov. since he prematurely spied on an SoS nation....no wait...that was Stewie. My mistake, yes Arexes is still Supreme Allied Emperor of NG.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1318967590' post='2828081']
The definition of "valid" seems to be in constant flux with those who stand to gain from the war insisting their validity by any means, and those who oppose doing the opposite. It just seems like there are fewer and fewer who actually oppose for two primary reasons that I can divine:

1) The treaty web is clustered such that most people are at most 2-3 treaties away from each other, thus they don't want to badmouth an ally or ally of ally. In the past it tended to be into two separate camps, but that divide no longer seems to exist.

2) There seems to be quite a fear (and legitimate one I'm afraid) of becoming the next curbstomp target thanks in large part to #1. If you're not in the center of the cluster, you're out on the fringe periphery and have no chance thanks to most of your allies being forced to stay neutral while people with allies closer to the center can call in as many as they want without worrying about conflicts.

Don't ask me to pinpoint the center, because I haven't spent enough time researching the web, but I did look it over back when Legion was declared on and that statement seemed accurate. I prefer this to a single bloc dominating (read: Continuum), but it's honestly not much better. It does make anyone tied to any significant alliance unable to speak plainly or call a spade a spade which is why, in large part, I'm staying out of alliances for the moment.
[/quote]

MK was the center, still arguably is.. but with Archon gone they've lost a lot of their swagger. I think a lot of them 'won' when they beat NPO down twice, and quit playing. I know I had several tell me (while I was destroying their nations) "Doesn't matter I'm quitting after this blah blah blah " :D

EDIT:
[quote]
I think we can all agree that SoS deserved this. [/quote]

Yep, we can all agree on that.

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318975015' post='2828183']
Don't mind him. We are just raging at anything given SoS mass-turtling. And you'll always be a TI member to me.
[/quote]
[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1318975112' post='2828185']
I think we can all agree that SoS deserved this.
[/quote]
I'll never understand what NG has against [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/SoS"]SoS[/url].

[quote name='d3filed' timestamp='1318975112' post='2828185']
I think we can all agree that SoS deserved this.
[/quote]
They deserved it about as much as you guys deserved it when I did the spy op causing you guys to attack me causing our first war, but they deserve it less than when I attacked you guys after you tech raided a member of an alliance I had just joined.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318967860' post='2828086']
I guess when your alliance won't lift a finger for an ally, this is about all you can really post. But I'll admit arexes's nation is one of the most profitable.
[/quote]

You're out here preaching bravery? Really? I think TOP would beg to differ with you.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318978579' post='2828236']
They deserved it about as much as you guys deserved it when I did the spy op causing you guys to attack me causing our first war, but they deserve it less than when I attacked you guys after you tech raided a member of an alliance I had just joined.
[/quote]
This still? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318978579' post='2828236']
[/quote]

Please stop trying to derail this topic and make it about yourself.

Just leave.

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1318978770' post='2828243']
This still? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I was just giving a measure of how good of reasoning you guys seem to have for this, where you're just doing it because you can and saw SOS Brigade in a politically weakened position. SOS Brigade did nothing to wrong you or infringe upon you guys, so other than random boredom and seeing that they were not in a strong enough position to win, SOS did nothing to deserve this.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1318978976' post='2828248']
I was just giving a measure of how good of reasoning you guys seem to have for this, where you're just doing it because you can and saw SOS Brigade in a politically weakened position. SOS Brigade did nothing to wrong you or infringe upon you guys, so other than random boredom and seeing that they were not in a strong enough position to win, SOS did nothing to deserve this.
[/quote]

Please leave