An Important Seaworthy Announcement

porksaber

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1318845281' post='2827060']
Well, if Arrnea is this incompetent, isn't him stepping down the first step towards something better? But yes, most here would prefer a violent overthrow and beheading...

Please note here that the SOS charter asks for at least 50% of the membership to vote and 80% of the votes to be against the incumbent Brigade Chief, in order for an impeachment to succeed. So, as long as Arrnea isn't stepping down himself, it wouldn't be likely that he gets voted out of office.
[/quote]

Here lays part of the problem with SOS. Arrnea designed most (if not all) in such a way it's very hard to impeach him. While on the other hand it is easy for him to just coup the current leader. If I'm not mistaken, it's not the first time Arrnea coupled himself back to leadership. Who says it won't happen again?

I think those remaining members should just create a new alliance just like NsO have done and be done with Arrnea.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Arrnea stepping down is the first step toward SOS Brigade becoming a better alliance, assuming the tales of his "leadership abilities" are true.

The rumors I heard did all say it was Arrnea who stepped down, and there was no impeachment. I have no reason to believe these rumors to be untrue, so I did not imply an impeachment happened. Now that Arrnea is out of government though, the vote to remove a member from the alliance I believe is actually much easier to push through than impeaching the current Brigade Chief from government (and if that isn't a sign that the charter was written by someone [i]completely paranoid[/i] of losing power, and also wishing to have the ability to remove those that oppose him/her, then I don't know what is).

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1318818405' post='2826654']
I don't believe they have a Mutual Defence treaty no more, at least from what I've heard, so yes they'll probably sit out. Also way to declare on SOS 2 days after they lose their treaty with RIA. Where your balls at NG?
[/quote]

They've shown them time and time again. NG, take them out so Mitchell can get a keepsake pic.

Also, o/ NG. Have fun :smug:

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1318845551' post='2827062']
Woah, people are defending SOS? What on earth is wrong with you? It's the !@#$@#$ SOS Brigade.
[/quote]
1. I have my own history with SOS. Some others here have it as well. And it hasn't to be negative.

2. I'm part of a rather small alliance as well. I'm not keen on seeing our alliance getting rolled, just because some bigger alliance decided they hated our theme. Why should I not see this war as a diplomatic degeneration?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318845676' post='2827063']
Here lays part of the problem with SOS. Arrnea designed most (if not all) in such a way it's very hard to impeach him. While on the other hand it is easy for him to just coup the current leader. If I'm not mistaken, it's not the first time Arrnea coupled himself back to leadership. Who says it won't happen again?

I think those remaining members should just create a new alliance just like NsO have done and be done with Arrnea.
[/quote]

Arrnea has just ended his third term, after assuming the position after the founding of SOS, after a short intermediate rule of Elrich von Richt and then after Bern. From what I can say, Arrnea is not worse than those he replaced. And another split will not occur, as I don't think anyone in SOS sees the NsO as a role model of solving such issues. It led to one year of cold war and 18 hours of hot war. Also I doubt that there is strong enough factionalism inside SOS' membership.

But I kind of agree that the charter of SOS is in need of some reforms.

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1318846667' post='2827068']
1. I have my own history with SOS. Some others here have it as well. And it hasn't to be negative.

2. I'm part of a rather small alliance as well. I'm not keen on seeing our alliance getting rolled, just because some bigger alliance decided they hated our theme. Why should I not see this war as a diplomatic degeneration?

Arrnea has just ended his third term, after assuming the position after the founding of SOS, after a short intermediate rule of Elrich von Richt and then after Bern. From what I can say, Arrnea is not worse than those he replaced. And another split will not occur, as I don't think anyone in SOS sees the NsO as a role model of solving such issues. It led to one year of cold war and 18 hours of hot war. Also I doubt that there is strong enough factionalism inside SOS' membership.

But I kind of agree that the charter of SOS is in need of some reforms.
[/quote]

Two things. 1) This wasn't due to their theme. There were enough of actual grievances in the SOS-NG relation that several times almost lead to war.
2) It's Arrnea's alliance, and he will always find a way to get back into gov even if that means ignoring the charter. It's best to start a-fresh w/o Arrnea. I have seen Arrnea's contributions to his alliances first hand. I promoted him as triumvir of iFOK myself and have worked with him for months. Let's be positive and say he wasn't very good.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1318845551' post='2827062']
Woah, people are defending SOS? What on earth is wrong with you? It's the !@#$@#$ SOS Brigade.
[/quote]

You wouldn't understand because you don't have HONOUR

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1318847542' post='2827072']
I thought GOD had a ODP with SOS as well? Did that get axed around the same time RIA downgraded?

Best of luck NG
[/quote]

It was cancelled a while ago, long before any of this.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1318822147' post='2826776']
Although in some respect you are correct, there is no need to pick it apart and say what is valid or invalid. It's all invalid.
[/quote]

I think you'll find that that is highly subjective, and that the reasoning was valid enough for NG to move and for its allies to support them.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1318822559' post='2826792']
If you want to turn this into a reps squeeze or a vietFAN, there's a problem.
[/quote]

Have you no faith? NG are a fair and merciful bunch, we need not assume the worst here.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1318851116' post='2827086']
I sent SOS war aid because i dont like NG.
[/quote]

A whole $3 million in pending war aid, that will show them!

(And this will surely end well for you.)