An Important Seaworthy Announcement

porksaber

You know if you wanted to drive them from CN this was pretty much the worst thing you could have done. They were floundering and now you've given them purpose and their allies, optional though they may be (boy you were just waiting for that, weren't you?), will be more inclined than not to jump in against such naked aggression.

Of course, I doubt good sense or strategy entered into your thought processes there. Those blue balls really hurt, don't they?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318831352' post='2826963']
You know if you wanted to drive them from CN this was pretty much the worst thing you could have done. They were floundering and now you've given them purpose and their allies, optional though they may be (boy you were just waiting for that, weren't you?), will be more inclined than not to jump in against such naked aggression.

Of course, I doubt good sense or strategy entered into your thought processes there. Those blue balls really hurt, don't they?
[/quote]

good, I hope they stay. We need a punching bag every few months, and these wars are doing wonders for our short notice blitz coordination.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1318819821' post='2826703']
Also, its a terrible shame that this didn't come before Locke parted ways with SOS.
[/quote]
Still smarting after I had to lecture you on how nukes need to be used?

[/quote]

We are doing them a favor whilst doing ourselves a favor. See, we aren't as bad as people potray. And yeah I welcome those allies to the fight, the more the merrier.

What did you think Locke? We would sit another 2 years on this grudge doing nothing. No, we are opportunists, we saw a window of opportunity and took it. A lot of alliances could learn a lesson or two from this.

[img]http://www.chrismelvin.me.uk/cybernations/ichoose.png[/img]

SOS, the Tl;dr of this is thread is we're cashing in the chips from the debt you owe us for being a bunch of dicks to members from our parent alliances in iFOK and SLCB.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318831789' post='2826970']
We are doing them a favor whilst doing ourselves a favor. See, we aren't as bad as people potray. And yeah I welcome those allies to the fight, the more the merrier.

What did you think Locke? We would sit another 2 years on this grudge doing nothing. No, we are opportunists, we saw a window of opportunity and took it. A lot of alliances could learn a lesson or two from this.
[/quote]
I've never been much of a selfish man, so I can't say I sympathize. You, as well as the iFOK and SLCB components of NG, ought to know my stance on your grudge and the work I've done to calm both sides. And besides, weren't you the one to nay-say this plan last time it came up?

[/quote]

So what you're suggesting is

SOS Brigade disbandment 2011. Well played Locke.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318831352' post='2826963']They were floundering and now you've given them purpose and their allies, optional though they may be (boy you were just waiting for that, weren't you?), will be more inclined than not to jump in against such naked aggression.
[/quote]

So which one, if any, of those 'optional' allies will declare in defense of SOS first, then? :v:

Happy hunting, NG. Enjoy the tech.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1318818405' post='2826654']
I don't believe they have a Mutual Defence treaty no more, at least from what I've heard, so yes they'll probably sit out. Also way to declare on SOS 2 days after they lose their treaty with RIA. Where your balls at NG?
[/quote]

Then come to their defense o noble one...

[quote]Sub-Section ii
An optional treatied declaration of war shall be called for when an ally with whom the alliance has a non-binding military treaty requests assistance. Such a declaration shall require a unanimous Triumvirate and four fifths Cabinet vote as well as a general membership vote lasting twenty-four hours with at least a three-quarters in favour. In the case where the RIA is engaged in a state of war through binding treatied declarations additional optional declarations that are part of the wider conflict that the RIA is involved in can be made with a unanimous Triumvirate and majority cabinet vote. [/quote]

It is actually quite difficult for us to escalate this now that we have downgraded our treaty to an oDP, for those "calling us out".
No doubt NG read our ConstRItution

Edited by James Dahl

I kind of just assumed this was a merger of some sort, but war works too. Have fun and whatnot.

[/quote]
You're criticizing them for [i]not[/i] driving their enemies from the world?

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1318833472' post='2826986']
It is actually quite difficult for us to escalate this now that we have downgraded our treaty to an oDP, for those "calling us out".
No doubt NG read our ConstRItution
[/quote]

So what you are saying is...RIA's membership would rather leave SOS to burn? that's what everone was saying too. Thanks for the confirmation.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318832184' post='2826974']
I've never been much of a selfish man, so I can't say I sympathize. You, as well as the iFOK and SLCB components of NG, ought to know my stance on your grudge and the work I've done to calm both sides. And besides, weren't you the one to nay-say this plan last time it came up?
[/quote]

It's true, you tried your best to calm both sides, I however think you have failed in that regard. There was just too much hate between the two parties to act cordinal to one another. Not sure what you mean with the latter sentence. Are you referring to the time when Arrnea actually left and cheated a protectorate out of VE? Yeah I had the option to kill them right then. In hindsight, it's a shame I didn't. If you are referring to something else, please elaborate, I can't remember.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318831789' post='2826970']
[/quote]
Disagreements aside if more people just nutted up and smacked the people they didnt like..win or lose..respect for that party would grow. ex: Legion finally growing a pair albiet it quite late

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1318834795' post='2827002']
It's true, you tried your best to calm both sides, I however think you have failed in that regard. There was just too much hate between the two parties to act cordinal to one another. Not sure what you mean with the latter sentence. Are you referring to the time when Arrnea actually left and cheated a protectorate out of VE? Yeah I had the option to kill them right then. In hindsight, it's a shame I didn't. If you are referring to something else, please elaborate, I can't remember.
[/quote]
No, I'm talking about the last time NG proposed the idea of rolling SOS; you decided to be the voice of reason. I seem to remember screenshots of that hitting the OWF some time ago and NG making no particular effort to deny them.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1318835380' post='2827009']
No, I'm talking about the last time NG proposed the idea of rolling SOS; you decided to be the voice of reason. I seem to remember screenshots of that hitting the OWF some time ago and NG making no particular effort to deny them.
[/quote]

I cannot remember it. You sure you are talking about the same kriekfreak here? Me being the voice of reason sounds nothing like myself. If you can link me to it, I'd be a happy man.