Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317687221' post='2815063']
It all comes down to semantics though. One man's oA clause is another's Defence clause. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone to say that Tetris has been attacked and they're invoking a MDP if they were supportive of Tetris.
[/quote]

But Legion called Defender, that means they're defending in this war! Sorry Tetris, better luck next time.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all comes down to semantics though. One man's oA clause is another's Defence clause. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone to say that Tetris has been attacked and they're invoking a MDP if they were supportive of Tetris.
[/quote]
Banksy is right. You could say Tetris was aggressive for spying, or you could say Legion is aggressive for actually attacking Tetris.

[/quote]
I mean, you can claim whatever you want at the end. But if one were to look at this from a neutral position* I think it is plain to see that Tetris took actions that have, basically since day one, been understood to be acts of war. Tetris' allies can, of course, do whatever they want and claim whatever they want but the reality is Tetris started the conflict and Legion reacted.

*I don't pretend to be neutral in this conflict, but I've been around enough to know how things work.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317687400' post='2815069']
But Legion called Defender, that means they're defending in this war! Sorry Tetris, better luck next time.
[/quote]

I'd say they were attacked. Spying is bad, mmmkay.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317686714' post='2815035']
I agree with you. For the first time in a very long time, someone has a thoroughly valid cause for war, and rather than getting praised for their actions in defending themselves, the derp squad is out in full force, mocking them. Tetris actually deserves to be raked over the coals for this one, but because it is currently fashionable to mock Legion (well, ok, that's been fashionable for years now), they are being mocked for doing exactly as every one of us would have done.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't see Legion being mocked. I'll agree it is a valid CB. I'd have done the same in their position. What I will not agree with, however, is that Tetris deserves to be raked over with coals. I am a firm advocate for coming to their defense, and I am by no means alone in that sentiment.[/color]

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1317686808' post='2815042']
hey Legion
[img]http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/142750/0/Its_A_Trap_Star_Wars.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I have bad news.
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2631/266555.jpg[/img]

*Card's effects not included.

Edited by Stormsend

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1317686631' post='2815026']
I'm sure some people will support Tetris. To do so though would be an unambiguous support of spying, so it will be interesting to see who.

o/ Legion
[/quote]

it'll be the same sort of allies who supported you for spying my friend.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1317687235' post='2815064']
Well, some things that are not fair can come back to bite you right? or you are saying that Polar's flip flop in bipolar was valid?
[/quote]

Valid and fair are not the same thing. It was fair of them to do it. It was also monumentaly stupid and will haunt them.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1317687534' post='2815075']
I'd say they were attacked. Spying is bad, mmmkay.
[/quote]

Spying is bad, but not an attack in of itself. Especially given the quality of the material gained by the spy.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317686714' post='2815035']
I agree with you. For the first time in a very long time, someone has a thoroughly valid cause for war, and rather than getting praised for their actions in defending themselves, the derp squad is out in full force, mocking them. Tetris actually deserves to be raked over the coals for this one, but because it is currently fashionable to mock Legion (well, ok, that's been fashionable for years now), they are being mocked for doing exactly as every one of us would have done.
[/quote]
The only criticism I have leveled at them is: SIX HOURS BEFORE UPDATE???? DERP.

That IS not the brightest move to do when you are attacking. Just saying.

[size="1"]Edited by Jeff, a friend[/size]

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317687777' post='2815083']
Spying is bad, but not an attack in of itself. Especially given the quality of the material gained by the spy.
[/quote]
If we accept the basic principle of equality in legitimacy of sovereign entities (ie. alliances), then Tetris has intruded Legion territory, [i]violated[/i] its sovereignty and therefore Legion has more then enough reason to go to war when a diplomatic resolution couldn't be reached.

Whether it was the smart thing to do, is an entirely different question.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317686912' post='2815048']
Interesting... Kudos to The Legion for finally standing up and finding their balls, might make people think twice about spying and taking the piss out of you in the future...
[/quote]

Pfff, no it won't.

They're still Legion. The same Legion that performed a midday blitz, having 23 wars out of how many you could make? And making a 20,000NS dent on the initial attack. They're still as pathetic as always. The only difference here is that now they're suicidal.

Calling a spade a spade and whatnot, there is zero evidence that proves Hereno or Tetris spied on anyone. The facts, as they are, unless I missed something, is that Hereno received some screenshots from Legions forums, and made them public. To convict Hereno of spying, you have to be able to prove that he set a plan in motion, with the intent to gain those screenshots. Its plausible, yes. Proven? No. Unless I missed it somewhere. Its also equally plausible that someone in Legion, unhappy with Legion, simply gave them up to him. Its not unprecedented.

If I were Legion, id probably have done the same thing they have done. But let us not sit here and act like this is a clear cut case of spying. One thing spies do, is try not to get caught. That he went public with his info makes him much less likely a spy, and much more likely some form of collaborator.

Edited by Rush Sykes