Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318608332' post='2824947']
Alright 20k is a random number I just pulled out of my ass.. [b]maybe 10k is better. Regardless, point stands, nukes at small levels, like tehchrons 3k NS, is a waste.[/b][/quote]

A better number, but it basically all depends on the nation being fought whether its a waste of a nuke or not. In the lower NS ranges its all about the [b]morale[/b] so having to end up fighting nuclear nations round after round even when receiving aid it isn't an easy fight as you always going to be at a disadvantage. It can end up wearing down the younger nations to the point of giving up/deleting/surrendering. So its not entirely a waste for tehchron to do it if he has the warchest when it can get results.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318598626' post='2824839']
Buying infrastructure at the lower level is a smart move, it enables you to get GCs and steal aid from your enemies allies. [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=467460]You[/url] don't seem to understand a good move as shown by your barracks.

[/quote] Correct, and yet I still am doing far better than most of my 5 opponents thus far this war, all but one of which has been anarchied, and the other refuses to do anything other than lob CMs. So, once again we come up to the issue that while I am terrible, you all are still worse.

[quote]When you guys waste your nukes on nations under 20k NS, we laugh, the sith don't seem to have realized this, but under ~18k NS, the nuke costs more than the damage it does..[/quote]So? It's not like the ones doing it cant afford it.

[quote]
I don't understand what you mean here.[/quote]The idea that we're not doing all that much damage, compared to you lot, I was being sarcastic. Nukes do a good deal of damage, and the stat board would look significantly different were it not for your alliances en masse padding.

[quote]Like you guys have failed to enforce the NSO war-chest standards?[/quote]Eh...no. That's a government policy, not a personal standard. Differentiation is an important skill, that seems to be lost on a lot of people.

[quote]
I could ask you the same thing, though I know your delusions will give me the wrong answer...
[/quote]Just because I don't live in the Legion fantasy world where everything you say is right and correct, doesn't mean I'm deluded, you know? Once again, it's your alliances massive martyr complex that's gotten itself into a position where even odds against five micros equates to a stunning upset.

Pray don't forget that all this praise you're getting is not "Damn the Legion's pretty good", but rather, "You're doing pretty good...for the Legion, that is". I mean...that really hasn't changed, you know?

By the by, how can there be such a thing as a "wrong" subjective answer?
[quote]
No, I rejected the recruitment attempts of you, varianz, dilber, WC, and others... :rolleyes:[/quote] I never tried to recruit you...ever. And if those guys did, then they clearly weren't paying attention. But Im going to give intelligent people the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're name dropping in order to sound better than you really are. A typical Legionarre practice this war.

[quote]
lol what? I missed the part where that was proven correct.
[/quote]Check your warring nations, and see how many of them have cash on hand to pay their bills without aid or the lucky GA or two. Not just the vocal ones. All of them.

[quote]
When we get battle reports of 1/2 your alliance not only using, but losing 10 bombers/run we disproved these "wild claims." When we see that you call a couple hundred million a warchest, we disproved these "wild claims." When you make jokes about our 4k infra nations having no warchest, but our spy reports show yours to have an average of 63million within the first 3 days of war, we disproved these "wild claims." [/quote]That you pointed out that we have less than competent members, you prove nothing save that [i]all alliances have some pretty poor members[/i].

That doesn't suddenly make you guys competent, or skilled, or anything for that matter. That you proved common knowledge isn't really an accomplishment. Just because you're not used to it, doesn't mean everyone else hasn't known it for years. But I suppose you deserve some credit.

You are, after all, the Legion.

[quote]
So now we do have war chests? :unsure: Get your lies straight before you come back here please.
[/quote]Used as a colloquial term to refer to "cash on hand", in that manner, a 100k ns nation with only 1 million on hand possesses a "warchest", it just cant be really considered one with a straight face.

No but really, lies? Slander? Greasy-ness? Talking up how threatening and badass you all are? Come on, man, if you're really saying that with a straight face, then I feel bad for all the people you say tried to recruit you. Because damn, I'd be embarrassed.

[quote]Speaking of [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=317239]stemming[/url] [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=227416]the[/url] [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=330639]odds[/url], [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=246032]your[/url] [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=29608]side[/url] [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=431928]has[/url] [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=415145]done[/url] a [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=363817]good[/url] job of it... Do I get my 3million for saying something nice about the other side now? :smug:

EDIT: Accidently put bold tags instead of quote tags :blush:
[/quote]Eh....No, because Kzopp was first.

By the way, how is it padding when people are joining us in order to get a shot at you? Besides, [i]we[/i] aren't boasting about our performance in this war. So...where's the hypocrisy? I mean, it's one thing to have an influx of new members during wartime and boast about how we're growing during war...but we're not.

You guys, on the other hand, are buying infra and inflating your ns for the simple sake of boasting about your "mitigated" losses.

That's pathetic. You're so desperate for attention that you're slitting your own wrists...And you're going back on your word of "No we can handle you guys just fine on our own" just to support that strategy. Sure it isn't hypocritical of you (arguably), but, again, it sure is pathetic.

By all means, continue to show us your Legion Pride. It's quite the education, and I mean that. Admin knows we wouldnt want anyone else to confuse it with something worth emulating.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1318599390' post='2824852']
There are more Legion people posting in this thread then I've seen in the past 2 months.

Just proof that war will save this game yet.
[/quote]
Its [i]Legion[/i], Wu. Legion.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1318598626' post='2824839']
When you guys waste your nukes on nations under 20k NS, we laugh, the sith don't seem to have realized this, but under ~18k NS, the nuke costs more than the damage it does..
[/quote]
As had been pointed out, you have to get pretty low on NS to make that statement true. And in fairness, if you have them you might as well use them so I certainly wouldn't think less of a low NS nuker. Regardless of whether they are as cost effective or not, they are still very damaging at low ranges and, if the recipient doesn't have a very solid warchest, can often be the knockout punch to tip a battle.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318603869' post='2824899']
Cherrypicking facts is below you, Heft.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Ragnarok+New+Sith+Order"]RoK-NSO: 15 slots[/url]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Global+Treaty+Imperial+Assault+Alliance"]GATO-IAA: 53 slots[/url]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Last+Remnants+Imperial+Assault+Alliance"]TLR-IAA: 17 slots[/url]
[/quote]
Well, it's not like aiding IAA is really accomplishing much for the war effort, so it seems fair to discount it.

But if you like, yes GATO and TLR have also committed acts of war against your ally, and yes you are doing your best to ignore it.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318611991' post='2824982']
Correct, and yet I still am doing far better than most of my 5 opponents thus far this war, all but one of which has been anarchied, and the other refuses to do anything other than lob CMs. So, once again we come up to the issue that while I am terrible, you all are still worse.

[/quote]

you're beating our 2-4k NS nations, i'm sure thats going to win the war for NSO

/golfclap

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1318611991' post='2824982']
Correct, and yet I still am doing far better than most of my 5 opponents thus far this war, all but one of which has been anarchied, and the other refuses to do anything other than lob CMs. So, once again we come up to the issue that while I am terrible, you all are still worse.[/quote]

Point being, all the damage you in this war do is equivalent to 1/10th of the damage I do in a single day, and I can use 1 aid chain to rebuild all of the people you anarchied. Yes, you can save up your warchest down there, but in the long run, it does nothing.

[quote]So? It's not like the ones doing it cant afford it.[/quote]
That doesn't make it a good decision... They should pass the money to people that didn't follow warchest guidelines/that are asking RoK for money.

[quote]The idea that we're not doing all that much damage, compared to you lot, I was being sarcastic. Nukes do a good deal of damage, and the stat board would look significantly different were it not for your alliances en masse padding.
[/quote]
I'm going to call your bluff, show me the 'padding' there is nobody in the legion advocating that. The only infra buying I can imagine down there is for improvement slots and if they got declared down on badly and they have the money to infra up to be an actual opponent to whoever declared down on them.

[quote]Eh...no. That's a government policy, not a personal standard. Differentiation is an important skill, that seems to be lost on a lot of people.[/quote]
People in NSO have either failed to meet that government policy (about war-chest standards) or your government policy requires really low war chests according to our spy reports. Differentiation be damned.

[quote]Just because I don't live in the Legion fantasy world where everything you say is right and correct, doesn't mean I'm deluded, you know? Once again, it's your alliances massive martyr complex that's gotten itself into a position where even odds against five micros equates to a stunning upset.[/quote]
You're deluded because you refuse to acknowledge your side is losing hundreds of thousands more NS. Even when somehow you come to acknowledge this, you point out that the rest of your side is losing but NSO is doing great. Not only does that prove your delusions about your NS loss since you are losing a higher [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=11169&view=findpost&p=2824359]percentage[/url], but it also shows you are delusional about being a "loyal" alliance that does everything for its allies.

Moral is extremely high in the Legion as well for those that expressed their concerns..

[quote]Pray don't forget that all this praise you're getting is not "Damn the Legion's pretty good", but rather, "You're doing pretty good...for the Legion, that is". I mean...that really hasn't changed, you know?[/quote]
Stereotypes are rarely true, and the legion lost a lot of "fat" last war as shown by the legion being down ~200 members. We know we aren't incompetent and we'll prove that to 1 (or 5) alliance(s) at a time if necessary.

[quote]By the by, how can there be such a thing as a "wrong" subjective answer? [/quote]
True, there can't. I'll concede that point, but it has nothing to do with the original post you are quoting.

[quote] I never tried to recruit you...ever. And if those guys did, then they clearly weren't paying attention. But Im going to give intelligent people the benefit of the doubt and just assume you're name dropping in order to sound better than you really are. A typical Legionarre practice this war.[/quote]
Before I share these logs I need a couple disclaimers.
1) I didn't run it by the people first, which is usually a policy of mine, so I only took out 1-2 lines at a time relating to "join NSO." Due to that, these may come off as out of context.
2) This all came during the 12 hour period where I lost my Legion mask (due to a misunderstanding), right before war happened. Which is why NSO makes the claim that I was one of the people who jumped on the AA for the war. I did not, anyone who looks at my application to Legion will see that.
[spoiler]
[01:02] <Varianz> join NSO you know you want to
[01:02] <Varianz> -bad star wars dark side cliche here-

[04:31] <Dilber> joooin us

[05:03] <WorldConqueror> ah ok no worries, let me know if you want to join us :P

[03:57] <Rayvon[NSO]> You should join the Sith .. See what I mean about this side lol .. It's actually kinda fun .. First time I've been on "this side" of the web .. Since 2006, I've always been in the Viridian sphere ..[/spoiler]
:smug:

[quote]Check your warring nations, and see how many of them have cash on hand to pay their bills without aid or the lucky GA or two. Not just the vocal ones. All of them.[/quote]
They seem fine.

--double post because I'm not allowed to quote that many times, sorry--

[quote]That you pointed out that we have less than competent members, you prove nothing save that [i]all alliances have some pretty poor members[/i].[/quote]
Considering the average war-chest of an NSO nation is less than an average war-chest of a Legion nation (in the range I mentioned because I cba to do it for everyone), I would say that implies you guys have more "less than competent members." I think that proves something more than [i]all alliances have some pretty poor members[/i]. I'm sure if I took it across the entire alliance it wouldn't be a problem, but then again our multi billion dollar warchest nations probably skew it.

[quote]That doesn't suddenly make you guys competent, or skilled, or anything for that matter. That you proved common knowledge isn't really an accomplishment. Just because you're not used to it, doesn't mean everyone else hasn't known it for years. But I suppose you deserve some credit.

You are, after all, the Legion.[/quote]
It does, however, [i]suddenly[/i] make you incompetent, and unskilled given your current position. At least in the eyes of the people who believe your !@#$%^&* rhetoric about us being incompetent.

All you are doing at this point is hurting NSOs reputation rather than Legions.

[quote]Used as a colloquial term to refer to "cash on hand", in that manner, a 100k ns nation with only 1 million on hand possesses a "warchest", it just cant be really considered one with a straight face.[/quote]
Considering your side is the only side with 100k NS nation(s), I'll assume they have 1mill warchests. Thanks for the tip. :awesome:

[quote]No but really, lies? Slander? Greasy-ness? Talking up how threatening and badass you all are? Come on, man, if you're really saying that with a straight face, then I feel bad for all the people you say tried to recruit you. Because damn, I'd be embarrassed.[/quote]
Lies, slander? Most definitely your forte. I should know as you offered to teach me your ways...

[quote]Eh....No, because Kzopp was first.[/quote]
He always beats me! :(

[quote]By the way, how is it padding when people are joining us in order to get a shot at you? Besides, [i]we[/i] aren't boasting about our performance in this war. So...where's the hypocrisy? I mean, it's one thing to have an influx of new members during wartime and boast about how we're growing during war...but we're not.

You guys, on the other hand, are buying infra and inflating your ns for the simple sake of boasting about your "mitigated" losses.

That's pathetic. You're so desperate for attention that you're slitting your own wrists...And you're going back on your word of "No we can handle you guys just fine on our own" just to support that strategy. Sure it isn't hypocritical of you (arguably), but, again, it sure is pathetic.[/quote]
Noone is buying infra to fluff NS.. I cannot believe that you believe that. Also, padding is something that "improves a player's statistics despite being of little benefit to his or her team or its chance of winning" (wikipedia).

So stat padding would be when NSO told our applicants to surrender.

Or when you add nations to your AA (whether intentionally, or them jumping on it) to make it seem as though you lost less NS/nations. For example, I believe many members of your alliance were very vocal in Karma about NPO "padding" by having their applicants join NPO.

[quote]By all means, continue to show us your Legion Pride. It's quite the education, and I mean that. Admin knows we wouldnt want anyone else to confuse it with something worth emulating.
[/quote]
Ave legio bro. Whenever I get behind something, I'm behind it 110%.

EDIT: idk.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1318628662' post='2825151']
I've just noticed your mustachioed avatar has been changed.
How dare you, Sir.
[/quote]
[color="#006400"]Well, you'll still be able to identify me. It isn't like the blue text is going anywhere.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318628255' post='2825145']
[color="#0000FF"]Some of you people make a compelling case for bringing back Shark Week.[/color]
[/quote]

Even RV is right occasionally.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318628255' post='2825145']
[color="#0000FF"]Some of you people make a compelling case for bringing back Shark Week.[/color]
[/quote]

NSO with the help of four other alliances cant even take on legion with out the aid of others, what in gods name think you can even think of doing a shark week LOL.

Atleast when GOONs did shark week that had the backing of the biggest players in the game.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1318640613' post='2825310']
NSO with the help of four other alliances cant even take on legion with out the aid of others, what in gods name think you can even think of doing a shark week LOL.

Atleast when GOONs did shark week that had the backing of the biggest players in the game.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you for proving my point, Timeline.[/color]

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318624292' post='2825092']
Well, it's not like aiding IAA is really accomplishing much for the war effort, so it seems fair to discount it.

But if you like, yes GATO and TLR have also committed acts of war against your ally, and yes you are doing your best to ignore it.
[/quote]
Must be nice to openly discount someone who is on your side and if you look at the stats doing the best....

True they only have 6 active wars atm though

Edited by MisterShadow

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1318698843' post='2825685']
Must be nice to openly discount someone who is on your side and if you look at the stats doing the best....

True they only have 6 active wars atm though
[/quote]
I think it's fair to say that IAA hasn't exactly been focused on this war the last two weeks, and that it has shown in their performance. Which is understandable, but still frustrating for the rest of us.