Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1317686349' post='2815017']
It looks to me that nobody is discussing the reasons for the war. it looks to me that Legion has all the right in this one. Supporting tetris is pretty unfaiir.

Added: I understand that legion is disliked and people like to make fun of them, but the point above is still valid.
[/quote]

If you are an ally of Tetris, your support of them being fair or unfair is moot. Treaties dont say "Mutual defense unless you mess up." Mutual Defense, is mutual defense.

It looks to me that nobody is discussing the reasons for the war. it looks to me that Legion has all the right in this one. Supporting tetris is pretty unfaiir.

Added: I understand that legion is disliked and people like to make fun of them, but the point above is still valid.
[/quote]

I agree with you. For the first time in a very long time, someone has a thoroughly valid cause for war, and rather than getting praised for their actions in defending themselves, the derp squad is out in full force, mocking them. Tetris actually deserves to be raked over the coals for this one, but because it is currently fashionable to mock Legion (well, ok, that's been fashionable for years now), they are being mocked for doing exactly as every one of us would have done.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1317686631' post='2815026']
I'm sure some people will support Tetris. To do so though would be an unambiguous support of spying, so it will be interesting to see who.

o/ Legion
[/quote]
I'm hoping some people will support Legion too ;)

I'm sure some people will support Tetris. To do so though would be an unambiguous support of spying, so it will be interesting to see who.

o/ Legion
[/quote]

Once again, treaties dont say "we dont defend you if you do something stupid." Just because it worked with UINE for you, doesnt mean, and thankfully so, that we all abandon allies for a bad choice.

[/quote]
And yet, Tetris will be supported for the sole purpose of escalating the war...

o/ Legion
[/quote]It would be unambiguous support of an ally being attacked. Some people don't subscribe to the new definition of non-chaining.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1317686210' post='2815012']
This was stupid. I'm sure you'll regret this.
[/quote]

Heh. The CB is unquestionable. Legion are doing the right thing by standing up for themselves... and that is not something to regret - whatever the outcome.

[/quote]

All is fair in love and war. This, would appear to be war.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317686706' post='2815034']
If you are an ally of Tetris, your support of them being fair or unfair is moot. Treaties dont say "Mutual defense unless you mess up." Mutual Defense, is mutual defense.
[/quote]

Uhm, I've seen, signed and written plenty of treaties that included a clause that said defense became optional if either part was attacked due to aggressive action including espionage, so that isn't necessarily true...

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1317686620' post='2815025']
Well, Tetris is connected to people connected to the larger factions in Bob at the moment, so I doubt many will bother to care about the reasons of war and simply want a war. Even when Legion is right it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, but who has the bigger gun or more friends to call on.
[/quote]

You are absolutly right. However, someone may abuse power one, two times.. But at the end, we know what happens.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1317686865' post='2815044']
It would be unambiguous support of an ally being attacked. Some people don't subscribe to the new definition of non-chaining.
[/quote]
That's why MADPs are so rare these days and instead we see MDoAPs. Optional Aggression clauses exist specifically so that alliances don't have to support their allies aggressive actions. Actions like Tetris has taken against The Legion.

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1317686879' post='2815046']
Heh. The CB is unquestionable. Legion are doing the right thing by standing up for themselves... and that is not something to regret - whatever the outcome.
[/quote]

That my friend, depends on what you define as victory. We are all slaves to the Anarchic System in the end. Here on this blessed world we call Bob, the Strong do what they can, and the weak suffer what they must.

The only question now is who is the strong ones here.

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317686961' post='2815050']
I think the one thing Tetris should be punished for is the choice of alliances to spy on.
[/quote]Honestly. What do you have to gain from spying on Legion? Now if I were to spy on someone, I'd probably go with [b][REDACTED][/b]. They're much more critical in terms of the political environment right now, and I [i]hate[/i] them.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1317687087' post='2815056']
That's why MADPs are so rare these days and instead we see MDoAPs. Optional Aggression clauses exist specifically so that alliances don't have to support their allies aggressive actions. Actions like Tetris has taken against The Legion.
[/quote]
It all comes down to semantics though. One man's oA clause is another's Defence clause. It wouldn't be difficult for anyone to say that Tetris has been attacked and they're invoking a MDP if they were supportive of Tetris.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1317687138' post='2815060']
Honestly. What do you have to gain from spying on Legion? Now if I were to spy on someone, I'd probably go with [b][REDACTED][/b]. They're much more critical in terms of the political environment right now, and I [i]hate[/i] them.
[/quote]

That [b][REDACTED] [/b]menace!

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1317687138' post='2815060']
Honestly. What do you have to gain from spying on Legion? Now if I were to spy on someone, I'd probably go with [b][REDACTED][/b]. They're much more critical in terms of the political environment right now, and I [i]hate[/i] them.
[/quote]

Lots and lots of 'LuLz'.

I don't know if you have noticed, but over 80% of the things in the Cyberverse have been done solely on the basis of creating 'Lulz'.

Trufax.