An agreement of peace

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299125757' post='2650700']
And what's [i]your[/i] strategy? "Accept foreign aid." ? :P
[/quote]

Yes... It's a good strategy... You should use it as well!

[quote name='Dan100' timestamp='1299132991' post='2650893']
Who said that your going to win the war :blink:
[/quote]

Oh my... I guess that [b]you're[/b] blinded by [b]your[/b] own propaganda

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1299137909' post='2650953']
While going all in and being spent is a reasonable reason to leave, they should not have thrown all in from the get go knowing how long of a war this might be. 6-12 months +. Everyone knew that going in, and should have planned accordingly. I am not sure about Olympus though, I definitely expected more from them from and am disappointed. However I still love QH, Pansy, and Buff.
[/quote]

I am not going to go into detail where and why we fell short to the battle plan, I guess we figured when it was go time that meant "GO" I didnt get the memo that it was say go but dont go , However run your mouth like you are actually going ( I hope all 6 of the 26 nations you have at war hold there own) Seeing that your largest nation is under 30k you must be cycling in and out of Peace Mode they just forgot to cycle back out. or wait was there another memo to say you are going to cycle out but not really cycle out ?? Man I need to remember to check the memos more often.

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1299153299' post='2651049']
I am not going to go into detail where and why we fell short to the battle plan, I guess we figured when it was go time that meant "GO" I didnt get the memo that it was say go but dont go , However run your mouth like you are actually going ( I hope all 6 of the 26 nations you have at war hold there own) Seeing that your largest nation is under 30k you must be cycling in and out of Peace Mode they just forgot to cycle back out. or wait was there another memo to say you are going to cycle out but not really cycle out ?? Man I need to remember to check the memos more often.
[/quote]
And NAC was any better? As of yesterday morning, hours before peace, you had a total of 7 active wars for an alliance of 50 people.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299153639' post='2651052']
And NAC was any better? As of yesterday morning, hours before peace, you had a total of 7 active wars for an alliance of 50 people.
[/quote]

If we would have been able to continue to fight we would have .. hint that is why we took terms. See we do what we say and we tell the truth. TheNAC went all out until there was nothing left.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299153639' post='2651052']
[/quote]

I would say its not a good idea to start throwing stats about how many wars are active per nation in the alliances at war. Yes. hours before peace we still had 7 active wars. Had we not been unable to fight on we wouldnt have decided to leave the conflict and I am sure that number would have been a little different. But hey, feel free to bash away. We know what we gave to this coalition. We gave everything we had. If it is still not up to some of your standards, then so be it.

While going all in and being spent is a reasonable reason to leave, they should not have thrown all in from the get go knowing how long of a war this might be. 6-12 months +. Everyone knew that going in, and should have planned accordingly.
[/quote]

We are a micro AA with limited resources. We knew that going in. heck anyone who looked at our pre-war stats would have known it as well. Most micro AA's are incapable of prolonged war. Thats a fact. The NAC did the best we could do with what we had. We brought all of our force to bear and hit the enemy with all we had for as long as we could. We lost over half of our NS in the process. But we left it all on the battlefield.

I wish all those remaining in the Coalition the best of luck. I hope your strategy works and you find yourselves victorious.

And I would like to give a shout-out to my opponents in this war, especially Hiro Nakara of Tora Tora Tora for a good clean fight.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1299154943' post='2651061']
I would say its not a good idea to start throwing stats about how many wars are active per nation in the alliances at war. Yes. hours before peace we still had 7 active wars. Had we not been unable to fight on we wouldnt have decided to leave the conflict and I am sure that number would have been a little different. But hey, feel free to bash away. We know what we gave to this coalition. We gave everything we had. If it is still not up to some of your standards, then so be it.
[/quote]
I ran the numbers about a week ago too, and you were only at 11 wars then. So yeah. And I have no problem talking about active wars per nation- NSO has nothing to be ashamed of, nor do our allies. These are the stats as of yesterday morning:

[quote]Sanitarium- 9 nations, 10 active wars, 1.1 active wars per nation
Olympus- 57 nations, 45 active wars, 0.77 active wars per nation
NPO- 536 nations, 382 active wars, 0.71 active wars per nation
TPF- 120 nations, 74 active wars, 0.61 active wars per nation
NSO- 89 nations, 48 active wars, 0.54 wars per nation
TLR- 32 nations, 10 active wars, 0.31 active wars per nation
ASU- 59 nations, 14 active wars, 0.24 active wars per nation
Legion- 300 nations, 72 active wars, 0.24 active wars per nation
Invicta- 71 nations, 12 active wars, 0.17 active wars per nation
NAC- 49 nations, 7 active wars, 0.14 active wars per nation
[/quote]

Edited by Varianz

Congratulations to NAC for achieving peace. I'm sure that SC will be happy to provide aid to rebuild you from this war.

I also want to thank Olympus for stepping up to pay the reparations for our allies NAC. That is quite generous of you. Perhaps our alliances should get to know each other?

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1299139384' post='2650966']
I don't think it's a shock to anyone that you're that arrogant. However, there's a good chance you'll be greatly disappointed when all is said and done.

*cue the cool guy response about how it's awesome to be the bad guy*
[/quote]
There is no chance, if anyone on your side told you there was, they were lying to you. It's kind of sad how you refuse to accept reality, though I guess I can't blame you for entering into the public record "yep, we're going to lose".

While going all in and being spent is a reasonable reason to leave, they should not have thrown all in from the get go knowing how long of a war this might be. 6-12 months +. Everyone knew that going in, and should have planned accordingly. I am not sure about Olympus though, I definitely expected more from them from and am disappointed. However I still love QH, Pansy, and Buff.

And Goons, don't expect these reps to be paid for a very long time. Cause i don't think this war is going to end anywhere remotely close to soon.
[/quote]

Do you seriously think your side is capable of dragging this war out for a zogging year? I don't, but I wouldn't care if you did. We thrive on war after all.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1299156309' post='2651068']
Congratulations to NAC for achieving peace. I'm sure that SC will be happy to provide aid to rebuild you from this war.

I also want to thank Olympus for stepping up to pay the reparations for our allies NAC. That is quite generous of you. Perhaps our alliances should get to know each other?
[/quote]

It is our pleasure. You're more than welcome to come and get to know Olympus [url=http://www.jeffjackson.us/Olympus/index.php]here[/url] or on IRC at #cnolympian.

This should be fairly indicative of the coming terms.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299157209' post='2651071']
We thrive on war after all.
[/quote]

Which is why your coalition fled from it until you held all the cards right?

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299158912' post='2651086']
Which is why your coalition fled from it until you held all the cards right?
[/quote]
Um, what? I think you're confusing our side for the other side, we flee from nothing.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121032' post='2650508']
I've been thinking about reps the past few days, and I'm prepared to make an offer of what Sanitarium [i]might[/i] be prepared to pay at the conclusion of this war, whenever we feel it prudent to conclude our involvement in the war. (Which is not right now, nor do I expect it to be soon.)

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything. There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that they don't "force alliances to disband". I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.
[/quote]

The world will surely mourn the loss of such a powerful and prestigious alliance.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1299124609' post='2650651']
You have dyslexia?
[/quote]

Classy. Very classy.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299156182' post='2651067']
I ran the numbers about a week ago too, and you were only at 11 wars then. So yeah. And I have no problem talking about active wars per nation- NSO has nothing to be ashamed of, nor do our allies. These are the stats as of yesterday morning:

[/quote]

Thanks for those stats. All they really do is emphasize the point that hardly anyone in your coalition is doing a whole lot of fighting.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1299154943' post='2651061']
We are a micro AA with limited resources. We knew that going in. heck anyone who looked at our pre-war stats would have known it as well. Most micro AA's are incapable of prolonged war. Thats a fact. The NAC did the best we could do with what we had. We brought all of our force to bear and hit the enemy with all we had for as long as we could. We lost over half of our NS in the process. But we left it all on the battlefield.

I wish all those remaining in the Coalition the best of luck. I hope your strategy works and you find yourselves victorious.
[/quote]

One thing about the North American Confederacy in relation to their participation in this conflict, that their members are respectfully and graciously NOT pointing out, but I will because I'm a supporter/ally of NAC only and don't care about NPO and company coalition politics :P, is that NAC is in NO WAY directly tied to NPO and thus under no mandatory obligation to participate at all.

NAC has a non-chaining mandatory defense and optional aggression treaty with Invicta and could have "legally" avoided being involved entirely which, in my opinion, would have been the pragmatic thing to do, and thus exactly what many alliances in their situation would have done.

The fact that NAC has NOT done so and has been involved in the war for a month demonstrates, at least for me, that they are extremely dedicated allies who are willing to put their friendships and beliefs above their infra in some situations and I really respect them more for it.

Edited by White Chocolate