An agreement of peace

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1299184879' post='2651430']
Please try to keep up. When you have all of your upper tier cowering in peace mode and are fighting alliances with a large upper tier (Umbrella AVG NS: 80k for example) it becomse impossible for them to produce offensiev wars since hurr durr there are no targets in range.
[/quote]

UMb ans has nothing to do with it. There is a pool on nations in range on both sides that are capable of declaring wars on each other. Those stats reflect the total ammt of active wars currently going on within that pool of nations. It did not state how many wars are outgoing or incoming by aa. Just how many wars each aa is engaged in. This totals the wars for this side. If you did the same stats for the other side, and added them up, you would wind up with the same number.

It is a simple sum of wars and it is an equation by which side A has to equate to side B.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299165716' post='2651146']
NEW did something incredibly stupid that was condemned by a majority of Bob. Your point is ridiculously moot.
[/quote]

What NEW did is not even close to what you have done. The only difference is that your allies, unlike your bloc at the time, are going to assist you with your aggressive curbstomp.

I suppose actions are only stupid if you don't have any mindless drones to back you up.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1299167553' post='2651163']
Spineless if we don't act, spineless if we do act.

Since you aren't using your's I will borrow your spine.
[/quote]

I use my spine all the time. I, unlike yourselves, don't need to cower in the dark until I'm sure I won't lose political standing.

And you're not spineless for acting, just not acting until the opportune time when you wouldn't lose your precious coalition.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1299184879' post='2651430']
Please try to keep up. When you have all of your upper tier cowering in peace mode and are fighting alliances with a large upper tier (Umbrella AVG NS: 80k for example) it becomse impossible for them to produce offensiev wars since hurr durr there are no targets in range.
[/quote]

I just spent a week at war with 3 free defensive slots for anyone between 30-50k ns to fill. No one from LOST, UMB, GOONs, MK, or Athens bothered to fill them despite having a multitude of non-anarchied nations in my range.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299190688' post='2651536']
You entered a defensive war? Really? Which of your allies did we attack?

(if you want to see whether your war was defensive or not, check 2 things: 1) were you attacked? 2) did the word "defense" appear in the clause you used to enter the conflict?)
[/quote]

Yes, everyone on this side is in a defensive war. Your coalition attacked our coalition out of the blue. It's coalition warfare after all.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299190661' post='2651535']
You will achieve victory, for sure. But will you come away from this as [i]winners?[/i] I doubt it. Nobody is going to win this war, that's what we are making sure of.
[/quote]
So deluded. With every gallon of blood we spill, GOONS grows our community and membership. The reps we'll be getting are just icing on the cake.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1299195535' post='2651628']
TPF would most likely be the ally you attacked.
[/quote]
We didn't attack TPF. TPF attacked us. 64Digits optionally chained in. I don't see how it could be extortion if they had every ability to not attack us, but chose to anyway.

Lots of people optionally chained in and attacked only GOONS. I know deflections like "honor" were thrown around, but no. It was just a dogpile on people they wanted to get a shot off at. If they opt for not paying reps over an optional war, that's their own problem.

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1299153299' post='2651049']
I am not going to go into detail where and why we fell short to the battle plan, I guess we figured when it was go time that meant "GO" I didnt get the memo that it was say go but dont go , However run your mouth like you are actually going ( I hope all 6 of the 26 nations you have at war hold there own) Seeing that your largest nation is under 30k you must be cycling in and out of Peace Mode they just forgot to cycle back out. or wait was there another memo to say you are going to cycle out but not really cycle out ?? Man I need to remember to check the memos more often.
[/quote]

We only allowed our nations who were actually prepared for war in our view to fight so far, and have been cycling them through. The reason i am cycled out right now is because i am on vacation for about 2 weeks, so i cannot even login to CN right now. And EVEN if we were all spent as we were in KARMA we would all sit in peace mode until our reason for entering the war ended. in Karma's case it was for PC to cease attacks on TPF. Once we had nothing left we still stayed there until TPF got peace. That is how Avalon will always operate. In our DoW for this war we stated that "Avalon seeks only the cessation of attacks by the Doom House BLOC upon The Phoenix Federation and their allies likewise unjustly engaged." Meaning, we will be at war until TPF and all of her allies are at peace. There is no question in our minds about that. When we commit, we commit to the longterm and to the fulfillment of our goals, not just to a short burs of war.

We apply this to our view of those around us. Those who ride out their cause out to till their goal are met (if they are just) will receive the most respect from us.

Edited by Guffey

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299190661' post='2651535']
You will achieve victory, for sure. But will you come away from this as [i]winners?[/i] I doubt it. Nobody is going to win this war, that's what we are making sure of.
[/quote]
Yep, you're really sticking it to us from bill lock! :v:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299199776' post='2651723']
We didn't attack TPF. TPF attacked us. 64Digits optionally chained in. I don't see how it could be extortion if they had every ability to not attack us, but chose to anyway.

Lots of people optionally chained in and attacked only GOONS. I know deflections like "honor" were thrown around, but no. It was just a dogpile on people they wanted to get a shot off at. If they opt for not paying reps over an optional war, that's their own problem.
[/quote]

What is it that Doom House would like us to believe?

Didn't MK/Umbrella try to say that by hitting GOONS, TPF effectively declared war on them as well? Is that something you consider to be true?

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1299202005' post='2651750']
We only allowed our nations who were actually prepared for war in our view to fight so far, and have been cycling them through. The reason i am cycled out right now is because i am on vacation for about 2 weeks, so i cannot even login to CN right now. And EVEN if we were all spent as we were in KARMA we would all sit in peace mode until our reason for entering the war ended. in Karma's case it was for PC to cease attacks on TPF. Once we had nothing left we still stayed there until TPF got peace. That is how Avalon will always operate. In our DoW for this war we stated that "Avalon seeks only the cessation of attacks by the Doom House BLOC upon The Phoenix Federation and their allies likewise unjustly engaged." Meaning, we will be at war until TPF and all of her allies are at peace. There is no question in our minds about that. When we commit, we commit to the longterm and to the fulfillment of our goals, not just to a short burs of war.

We apply this to our view of those around us. Those who ride out their cause out to till their goal are met (if they are just) will receive the most respect from us.
[/quote]

As I have said before I dont know you or much about your alliance so I will not judge you from the posts made in this topic. I will just say I hope that this war turns out the way you see it going. We do have many friends still on the battle field and will be watching on. Best of Luck to all still involved.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1299202005' post='2651750']

[/quote]

Congratulations on being able to stand behind your allies and have your allies mutual support and communication. Olympus is an honorable alliance that fights hard for our own beliefs and those of our allies whom communicate and treat us as allies and friends. That is something Olympus believes in also. You can ask anyone that we have been involved with in the past regarding that. Our reasons have been made known to those whom matter to us most, our alliance, and our allies. Those whom are not tied to us can form your own conclusions as it matters little to myself or my alliance.

Seeing as we are quoting our original DoW's...
[quote]Olympus will not stand idly by while those that see themselves as the spearhead of the "new world order" actively try and destroy those we consider friends. For without friends, we're nothing ourselves.[/quote]

Friends...communicate and work together through concerns and issues. I never thought I would say this but RV hit it on the head and I personally agree with him on his summary. The thing that we were lacking past the original plan, was communication. Good leaders are never afraid to review the situation climb to the top of the tree's and admit its the wrong jungle, change course and make adjustments to compensate to achieve victory. You can try to tarnish all you want, my slots (both war and aid slots) were filled most of the time we have been involved in this conflict. For those who care about numbers, my nation lost over 85% of its NS fighting with a coalition that failed to properly address the concerns of Olympus government. That...is why we are leaving, though I personally and my alliance would have had no problem riding to zi for any of my allies or alliance that communicated and worked through concerns. Those whom really know and understand us KNOW this.

Beyond that, I bid farewell to this discussion, and to those of my worthy opponents...even with very little left in the tank those I fought still kicked and screamed all the way to the end. Thanks for the good times and the increased casualties..see you all again in 6 months for another dance.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299204317' post='2651800']
What is it that Doom House would like us to believe?

Didn't MK/Umbrella try to say that by hitting GOONS, TPF effectively declared war on them as well? Is that something you consider to be true?
[/quote]
MK and Umbrella aren't connected by optional defense treaties so keep trying.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299206131' post='2651834']
[/quote]

I think he is saying that by that logic you guys hitting NPO was essentially you attacking Invicta, and thus NAC entering was via their MDP clause.

I give Oly even more props for not unloading on some of the people in this thread. At least not doing it in public anyways.

They came in, they fought, they fought well.

Allies should appreciate that and not take it for granted. If they have a problem with Oly now, because they aren't fighting, then they should keep it to private channels. Fighting amongst yourselves for the benefit of the peanut gallery serves to only entertain your opposition.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299206131' post='2651834']
[/quote]

I don't understand what your getting at.

What I'm getting at is this, MK/Umbrella says that TPF attacked them by extension when they hit GOONS (something along the lines of hit one member of doom house, hit them all), if that is true, then you must have also hit TPF first when you hit their MADP ally.

I'm simply trying to ascertain which of these beliefs you (and the rest of Doom House as well) are trying to push. I don't have a problem saying that TPF hit you, but MK/Umbrella shouldn't be trying to push that line of BS that TPF (and others) hit them when they hit GOONS.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='ChimpMasterFlash' timestamp='1299143096' post='2651004']
Allow for some red ink

...([color="#FF0000"]common sense from a dude who uses acronyms wrong?[/color])...

Boomer Sooner
[/quote]

It's not a failure to acknowledge common sense when you're purposely saying GOONs because it's annoying the lil GOONsies. Thanks for making my point :D

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299173806' post='2651249']
When you win the war and we surrender to you, you can dictate reps to us using this reason.
[/quote]

Actually, I don't do reps...demanding them or paying them. But then again, I also don't declare war on someone for no reason at all. So trying to explain these concepts is a bit over your head. My bad.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299199776' post='2651723']

[/quote]

Actually, according to your own logic, you did attack us. We have a MDAP with NPO, so an attack on them is an attack on us. So those attacking any of DH, were activating the Defensive clause, of which I don't believe we have any that are optional.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299196079' post='2651642']
What NEW did is not even close to what you have done. The only difference is that your allies, unlike your bloc at the time, are going to assist you with your aggressive curbstomp.[/quote]

lol. O, Damsky. One point wasn't working, so you attempted to try another, eh? :( This was never a 'curbstomp'. I know, considering you haven't been a member of a real alliance for so, so long, it must be hard for you to conceptualize things on such a grander scale than you're used to.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299196079' post='2651642']
I suppose actions are only stupid if you don't have any mindless drones to back you up.
[/quote]

"I suppose jumping out of an airplane is only stupid if you're naked"

That's right, Damsky. Good job.

DH logic.....Coalition warfare on their side, so no treaty is required to hit anyone. Any treaty on this side that isn't a direct MD treaty is illegal and grounds for reps.

No double standard there at all.

Bottom line, their coalition aggressively attacked this one. Every treaty on this side is defensive by their very own logic.