An agreement of peace

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1299173085' post='2651243']
Well I can only get one member of your "winning" coalition to declare on me at a time so otherwise it'd probably be higher for us, at least.
[/quote]

I gather there is the facility to declare war somewhere in this game. I have only been playing a little while but I seem to recall something like this.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1299156309' post='2651068']
I also want to thank Olympus for stepping up to pay the reparations for our allies NAC. That is quite generous of you. Perhaps our alliances should get to know each other?
[/quote]

I would also like to thank Olympus in public and say that I'm impressed, for what it is worth. Although I always try to be respectful (and keep my criticism to only a few areas) I am actually more often than not disappointed in the choices most alliances make and for what reasons. In a world where people are focused only on what they are bound and/or not bound to do by treaty - to the point of constant public arguing, it's refreshing to see something nice done that is in no way tied to a treaty obligation or an unwritten "understanding." These are far too rare in our verse.

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1299173085' post='2651243']
Well I can only get one member of your "winning" coalition to declare on me at a time so otherwise it'd probably be higher for us, at least.
[/quote]

It's because the majority of our nations are a bit higher up than that... Get your entire alliance in war mode, and we'll raise those numbers for you

A few pages ago I saw someone berating us for being friendly to those we agreed to peace with. At the same time I see the other side insulting and making fun of their own allies for getting peace. Maybe the other side would have a better chance of winning if they could actually coordinate and cooperate and not insult and blame eachother when things aren't going swimmingly. With friends like those...

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1299173906' post='2651250']
Out of curiosity what qualifies as *humor in that alliance that you infest?
[/quote]

Don't attempt to correct my correct spelling of humour :mad:

The alliance I infest doesn't share my awful sense of humour, probably have better taste, never asked.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1299141486' post='2650984']
Gosh, that takes a load off my mind.
[/quote]

I'm glad I could help you sleep easier at night. If you ever need to know whether the Savior of Super-Grievances approves of something or not you can always feel free to ask me.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1299160576' post='2651107']
While I am one of those who does not believe it appropriate to impose reparations on those who enter a war owing to treaty obligations, I nevertheless understand that others do not feel the way I do. (This is neither the time or place to discuss that.)
[/quote]

To be slightly pedantic (because I enjoy it), reparations weren't imposed on those who entered a war owing to treaty obligations. As a member of NAC proudly points out somewhere north of here in the thread, NAC were not obliged to join this war but chose to do so.

OK, pedantry break over.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1299170571' post='2651193']
Nothing like pointing out just how pathetic your coalition is. To think that some of you actually claim to be winning. :lol1:
[/quote]

Obviously you put zero thought into this gem of a post.

That is the number of wars we are actively involved in both incoming and outgoing. Therefore what ever you think this says about our coalition, it says the exact same thing about the other side, since this is a contained conflict with everyone fighting each other.

Edited by The Crimson King

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1299181086' post='2651362']
Obviously you put zero thought into this gem of a post.

That is the number of wars we are actively involved in both incoming and outgoing. Therefore what ever you think this says about our coalition, it says the exact same thing about the other side, since this is a contained conflict with everyone fighting each other.
[/quote]

Please try to keep up. When you have all of your upper tier cowering in peace mode and are fighting alliances with a large upper tier (Umbrella AVG NS: 80k for example) it becomse impossible for them to produce offensiev wars since hurr durr there are no targets in range.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299131988' post='2650868']
HoT doesn't speak for anyone but himself. That much is obvious when he talks about never ending the war with us
[/quote]Oh, I'd like this war to end (Eventually, when my allies have also achieved peace). I'm just not going to pay you any extortion fees to make it so. I'd rather burn than justify your aggressive war by rewarding you with any sort of so-called "reps."

I know I'm going to burn for a long time for having the sheer audacity to not pay "reps" for entering a defensive war that you started, but so be it.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299133245' post='2650900']
This may come as a shock to you but I'm a little bit more than reasonably confident of our victory.
[/quote]You will achieve victory, for sure. But will you come away from this as [i]winners?[/i] I doubt it. Nobody is going to win this war, that's what we are making sure of.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299190084' post='2651526']
Oh, I'd like this war to end (Eventually, when my allies have also achieved peace). I'm just not going to pay you any extortion fees to make it so. I'd rather burn than justify your aggressive war by rewarding you with any sort of so-called "reps."

I know I'm going to burn for a long time for having the sheer audacity to not pay "reps" for entering a defensive war that you started, but so be it.
[/quote]

You entered a defensive war? Really? Which of your allies did we attack?

(if you want to see whether your war was defensive or not, check 2 things: 1) were you attacked? 2) did the word "defense" appear in the clause you used to enter the conflict?)

[quote name='Dan100' timestamp='1299180827' post='2651358']
Like my new sig?
[/quote]

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact you think 4 years of war is good for you or that I wouldn't absolutely love if you guys did this.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299190688' post='2651536']
You entered a defensive war? Really? Which of your allies did we attack?

(if you want to see whether your war was defensive or not, check 2 things: 1) were you attacked? 2) did the word "defense" appear in the clause you used to enter the conflict?)
[/quote]
[quote="Overlord's Protectorate Pact"]
Section 4: Protecting Our Protector

While recognizing that TPF is capable of defending itself, there may be situations that arise where additional support is needed. In that spirit TPF may request the assistance of the signatory protectorates of OPP. Such a request for a Protecting Our Protector action must be presented by TPF to the OPP Council. If a majority decision is reached by the OPP Council for an POP action, then all signatory protectorates are required to respond in defense of TPF. [/quote]
TPF would most likely be the ally you attacked.