An agreement of peace

[quote name='Grendel' timestamp='1299125102' post='2650666']
Now you really do not want to start airing the laundry from the coalition forum or the IRC channels do you? because your above statement will just end up embarrassing you more then you already have. Our presence was quite prevalent in the forum and IRC channels and parties involved had plenty of time to address our concerns but failed to for whatever reasons. So why don't you just leave it that you do not agree with our decision and go on about your business.
[/quote]
I haven't seen a single member of Olympus in the tactics and planning channel for a long, long time. As for your "concerns", we all have concerns. Me? I'd like a few hundred million to distribute to my smaller nations. Will that happen? No. It's war, we're on the losing side, and there are limited resources. Deal with it, don't whine like some undignified brat.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1299125169' post='2650674']
I know, but the phrase came to me and I wanted to deploy it before I forgot.
[/quote]
I thought of something to say to that, but decided against it :awesome:

Edited by Varianz

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299125333' post='2650680']
[size="4"][b]Deal with it
[/b][/size][/quote]

Oh, the irony of someone from your side saying this.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299125207' post='2650675']
Because apparently you brought shame to the Orders by surrendering. How dare you be so callous to their desires and requests. You should have put them first and ignored your own alliance's needs.

The utter audacity of it all.
[/quote]I always get a good laugh from the other side pretending to be best friends ever to the surrendering parties. Pillage, loot, and then pretend you're doing them a favor.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299125016' post='2650664']
So what you're saying is that you're allowing politicians to dictate the war instead of those who are supposedly the most familiar with it and should be calling the shots?
[/quote]
Duh. When we do that, we get excellent things like this:

OOC:
[img]http://www.famouspictures.org/mag/images/2/26/Mission_Accomplished.jpg[/img]

Edited by Varianz

I'll be honest, here. Throughout this war I have sampled a decent variety of nations from the large spectrum of alliances available, and I have to say Olympus and NAC nations fought hardest.

It's a little strange to see NPO wigs stand on a box and claim that their allies --who came to their aid and honored their treaties when they knew they would not win-- didn't sacrifice enough of their members for NPO.

This is of course while NPO sits in peace mode, sacrificing nothing but taxes.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299125016' post='2650664']
So what you're saying is that you're allowing politicians to dictate the war instead of those who are supposedly the most familiar with it and should be calling the shots?
[/quote]

And what's [i]your[/i] strategy? "Accept foreign aid." ? :P

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1299125276' post='2650678']
It's was a question, not an insult. You just lack the ability to read.
[/quote]
Questions can be just as insulting as statements.

For example, I could ask someone, "Are you really this stupid?" Obviously, I would be insulting them by insinuating, via a query, they have low intelligence.

Asking me "Are you dyslexic?" insinuates that I lack the ability to read. Ergo, it was an insult.

But what do I know... I lack the ability to read or infer anything!

[quote name='Rage McKill' timestamp='1299125716' post='2650698']
I'll be honest, here. Throughout this war I have sampled a decent variety of nations from the large spectrum of alliances available, and I have to say Olympus and NAC nations fought hardest.

It's a little strange to see NPO wigs stand on a box and claim that their allies --who came to their aid and honored their treaties when they knew they would not win-- didn't sacrifice enough of their members for NPO.

[/quote]
Dear Sir,
I believe I owe you 1 dong from our previous talks, when will you be available for said rep?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299116048' post='2650261']
Congrats on peace.

Before any of the other parties we're at war with get any ideas, their rep amount is severely discounted because of them leaving early, and not indicative of how much I intend to charge the majority of you (unless you choose to surrender soon as well).
[/quote]

Guess they'll just have to win then...or never surrender and take you down with them. Either way, I see no downside.

Since the treaty doesn't specify when the extortion payments have to start, I would humbly recommend to Olympus that March 14, 2012 (or whenever the war is finally over) would be a good date to start thinking about clearing out aid slots for that purpose.

[quote name='Rage McKill' timestamp='1299125716' post='2650698']

[/quote]Crossing pretend friendship with "lolpeacemode" commentary. I see Doomhut is feeling creative today.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299125333' post='2650680']
I haven't seen a single member of Olympus in the tactics and planning channel for a long, long time. As for your "concerns", we all have concerns. Me? I'd like a few hundred million to distribute to my smaller nations. Will that happen? No. It's war, we're on the losing side, and there are limited resources. Deal with it, don't whine like some undignified brat.

I thought of something to say to that, but decided against it :awesome:
[/quote]

Had to quote this because you are funny :lol1: . If you compare the posting styles between what I've said in this thread and your heated response anyone familiar with the the English Language would immediately note the whine in your "written voice". Amazing how often a statement of fact quickly gets labeled as a whine. Feel free to continue venting your spleen :rolleyes:

And to address your "concern" about money for your smaller nations send them some that is what we did ours and some of our allies. How you say by being prepared and no we asked for no aid and received no aid from the coalition.

Edited by Grendel

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299125757' post='2650700']
And what's [i]your[/i] strategy? "Accept foreign aid." ? :P
[/quote]
Does it not help me fight harder and stronger? I accept aid because it lets me attack my enemies longer.

In the nation of Choson, we follow the idea of "Songun" or "Military First".

For Choson, only the army meets the criteria of loyalty, revolutionary spirit, cohesiveness, and esprit de corps.

Edited by Choson

[quote name='Grendel' timestamp='1299126276' post='2650716']
Had to quote this because you are funny :lol1: . If you compare the posting styles between what I've said in this thread and your heated response anyone familiar with the the English Language would immediately note the whine in your "written voice". Amazing how often a statement of fact quickly gets labeled as a whine. Feel free to continue venting your spleen :rolleyes:

And to address your "concern" about money for your smaller nations send them some that is what we did ours and some of our allies. How you say by being prepared and no we asked for no aid and received no aid from the coalition.
[/quote]
Actually anyone truly familiar with the English language would, first, not capitalize language, and second, recognize the tone of my statement as ironic, not whining.
And I recognize you sent aid- that was simply an example of things a lot of us want in this war but probably won't get, a reference to the "concerns" you cited earlier as not getting attention.

Please, do try and be clever again though.

Edit: also, you failed to refute my basic point- that Olympus has been relatively uninvolved with the coalition effort.

Edit 2: And the reason our nations are getting limited aid is due to the fact that we're helping our allies out first.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1299126797' post='2650735']
Truly classy, Im sure it makes anyone with a treaty with you proud to see.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'd be embarrassed and trying to deflect too if one of my allies bailed in the middle of a war.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299126781' post='2650734']
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair, I do understand the reasons of Olympus and NAC leaving. Considering most other alliances on our side have their upper tier and peace mode....bah. Yes, I understand their frustration.[/color]
[/quote]
This might be understandable for NAC, but Olympus also has a sizeable mid/upper tier that's in PM.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299125253' post='2650677']
If you wish to keep fighting, you may join one of the alliances still engaged ;)
[/quote]
I've considered it, but I'm kind of proud of the correlation of these two stats on my nation screen:
Nation Created: 2/27/2010 3:23:58 PM (368 days old)
Alliance Seniority: 3/7/2010 7:22:32 PM (360 Days)

I'd hate to mess up a streak like that however much I'd love to continue fighting. Were I to be convinced, would you have any suggestions?

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1299126797' post='2650735']
Truly classy, Im sure it makes anyone with a treaty with you proud to see.
[/quote]

You probably missed my question, care to enlighten me on the cause of the disparity between your reaction to these terms and your reaction to DT's? I am truly puzzled.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299126987' post='2650742']
You probably missed my question, care to enlighten me on the cause of the disparity between your reaction to these terms and your reaction to DT's? I am truly puzzled.
[/quote]

Well just off the cuff 102 million is a far far more reasonable sum for a smaller alliance to pay then 20k tech, and thats before you add in the restrictions on DT that arent involved here.

If you would care to continue this discussion PM me as this probably isnt the right place for that convo...

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299116048' post='2650261']
Congrats on peace.

Before any of the other parties we're at war with get any ideas, their rep amount is severely discounted because of them leaving early, and not indicative of how much I intend to charge the majority of you (unless you choose to surrender soon as well).
[/quote]In other words: "The allies you leave behind are going to pay dearly for your early departure."

I doubt that's what you were trying (poorly) to convey, but it's essentially what you said. Good food for thought for everyone involved in this conflict. Not exactly encouraging the desired behavior from us.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299124517' post='2650648']
Considering that you're the NSO's war director... shouldn't you be directing what the war strategy is?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair, a lot of what we can do is also dictated by those we're fighting with are doing. NSO has it's own strategy in the lower tiers of coming out in waves, and has been doing so throughout this war. In the upper tier, however, we're incredibly weak. If we launched an unsupported attack there we'd just be sending our few nations out to the slaughter. Granted, we're already there, but if we can't do any damage on the way down what's the point? In a war like this coalition coordination is vital.

Olympus and NAC did come out without the rest of the coalition supporting them or joining them, but that was their choice. I can respect them for that. Ultimately it seems to be frustration with dealing with the coalition leadership that caused them to leave. Also understandable, and I'd have to say that reflects just as much on us as it does them. They cannot be blamed entirely.

Both alliances came in and fought hard for over a month. People seem to be quick to forget that.[/color]

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1299122668' post='2650577']
:) you dont know us .. but thanks for the compliment.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I have no desire to know you or your alliance.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]Edit: also, you failed to refute my basic point- that Olympus has been relatively uninvolved with the coalition effort.[/quote]

Completely untrue. The majority of our government were in at least two coalition channels. We made daily check-ins where appropriate, we assisted with the maintenance of economic and military affairs and sought to be updated as much as possible. If you find that so hard to believe, ask Jasmine.

[quote]Edit 2: And the reason our nations are getting limited aid is due to the fact that we're helping our allies out first. [/quote]

I'm not sure how this is relevant... did someone call you out for not aiding your guys? We didn't ask for aid, we don't need aid, as a matter of fact we were able to aid our lower tier, assist NAC and several members of other alliances.

Though whats it matter, you're going to think what you think and we're out now so really if all this is true shouldn't you be glad we're gone? Let's just go our own ways because all this talk is pointless garbage.

Fake edit: I am not going to argue numbers with you.