An agreement of peace

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on peace to our friends in Olympus. It was a pleasure to fight by your side and we look forward to our next race to 2mil.

NAC, you guys went all in and that is all that needs to be said.

I'm glad you both got out and can start rebuilding. :D

[quote name='Stetson' timestamp='1299136853' post='2650947']
Congratulations on peace to our friends in Olympus. It was a pleasure to fight by your side and we look forward to our next race to 2mil.

NAC, you guys went all in and that is all that needs to be said.

I'm glad you both got out and can start rebuilding. :D
[/quote]

While going all in and being spent is a reasonable reason to leave, they should not have thrown all in from the get go knowing how long of a war this might be. 6-12 months +. Everyone knew that going in, and should have planned accordingly. I am not sure about Olympus though, I definitely expected more from them from and am disappointed. However I still love QH, Pansy, and Buff.

And Goons, don't expect these reps to be paid for a very long time. Cause i don't think this war is going to end anywhere remotely close to soon.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299131833' post='2650862']
That was my first thought, but why didn't Olympus have to pay reps? Did you purposely chose the weaker alliance to look more evil? :P
[/quote]

I'm not government, but my reading of it is this:

One alliance had to join, they had a mutual defense clause
One alliance chose to join, they had an optional aggression clause.

I could be wrong in this being the exact reasoning as I was asleep when this happened, but it seems clear to me.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299133245' post='2650900']
This may come as a shock to you but I'm a little bit more than reasonably confident of our victory.
[/quote]

I don't think it's a shock to anyone that you're that arrogant. However, there's a good chance you'll be greatly disappointed when all is said and done.

*cue the cool guy response about how it's awesome to be the bad guy*

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299139094' post='2650962']

I could be wrong in this being the exact reasoning as I was asleep when this happened, but it seems clear to me.
[/quote]

Someone explained it to me on irc. Not the same reason you gave, but they both make sense either way. Not really a fan of big reps, but tbh this doesn't seem extremely evil. Since it's just money reps I think I could over-look it. Good luck to everyone in the future. NAC are cool cats.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299139094' post='2650962']

[/quote]

Well, considering there wasn't a valid reason for GOONs to attack NPO in the first place, it seems a bit hypocritical to punish someone for actually following their treaty, be it an optional aggressive or mutual defensive clause. Either way, it's a treaty nonetheless. Then again, I'm teaching common sense to a GOONs members, so I'm basically speaking upon deaf ears.

oh no jwconner disapproves how will I sleep at night

someone asked for the reasoning, I gave my approximation of what the reasoning was. At no point did it cross my mind that making TPF approve of this was a valid objective.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1299139633' post='2650973']
It's rather nice of MCXA to always be the ones to blaze the trail.
[/quote]

When that makes sense ill give a better reply <3

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1299139384' post='2650966']
I don't think it's a shock to anyone that you're that arrogant. However, there's a good chance you'll be greatly disappointed when all is said and done.

*cue the cool guy response about how it's awesome to be the bad guy*
[/quote]
First off, Olympus has given me two of the only three combatants that have fought well so far this war (the third coming from those cool guys in the NSO) and it will be a shame to watch them go.

Secondly, I highly doubt it considering how poorly TPF has stacked up so far. Things will be easier for us now that an actual fighting force is out of the conflict. Now remind me how you have an effective winning strategy while we steamroll your nations into dust. :smug:

There is no good guy, bad guy dynamic here. Just winners and losers and those who were smart to get out early while the rest fall to the dogs of war.

P.S. I can't wait to see the screencaps of the one victory you guys were able to get on an inactive nation.

Edited by Feldheim C

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1299139867' post='2650976']
When that makes sense ill give a better reply <3
[/quote]

What you didn't understand the reference regarding alliances act of quitting war after what, 7 days? I thought it was pretty self explanatory and so obvious a blind child could see it. Hey-ho I guess.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299139393' post='2650968']Not really a fan of big reps, but tbh this doesn't seem extremely evil. Since it's just money reps I think I could over-look it.[/quote]
Gosh, that takes a load off my mind.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1299141376' post='2650982']
What you didn't understand the reference regarding alliances act of quitting war after what, 7 days? I thought it was pretty self explanatory and so obvious a blind child could see it. Hey-ho I guess.
[/quote]

Oh... Well ok then.

Allow for some red ink

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1299139636' post='2650974']
[color="#FF0000"][s]Well, conSidering there wasn't a valid reason for GOONs to attack nPo in the first place,[/s][/color] it SeemS a bit hypocritical to puniSh Someone for actually following their treaty, [color="#FF0000"][s]be it an optional aggreSSive[/s][/color] or mutual defenSive clauSe. Either way, it'S a treaty nonetheless. Then again, I[color="#FF0000"][s]'m teaching cOmmOn sense to a GOONs memberS[/s][/color][color="#FF0000"](common sense from a dude who uses acronyms wrong? :facepalm: )[/color], so I'm basically pounding my face against the wall because some goon is laughing at my frustration and tearS.
[/quote]

Boomer Sooner

You gave it your best, no one can ask for anymore than that.

Olympus keeps showing me why I :wub: them for paying NAC's reparations for them. Olympus, you truly are a friend and stick by what you believe is right. Best of luck to both NAC and Olympus in rebuilding.

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
   For fear they should succumb and go astray;
So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
   You will find it better policy to say: --

"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
   No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
   And the nation that plays it is lost!"