An agreement of peace

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1299121864' post='2650549']
Our Allies are allowed to pay it also, why not say BAPS got reps?
[/quote]
I don't know, why not say so? If they are paying they are in effect getting reps.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1299121990' post='2650560']

Because we didn't, we're just paying it. As Pansy said, any of our allies are also allowed to pay it, yet they weren't even in the conflict. Its not their reps. We've had discussions with NAC and we're paying them, 'why' doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Sentences. <_<
[/quote]
I mean, I feel like whoever pays the reps actually gets the reps. That just makes sense, no?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1299121864' post='2650549']
Our Allies are allowed to pay it also, why not say BAPS got reps?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS is making BAPS pay reps? You monsters. They weren't even in this fight. This isn't what Karma was meant to be.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299120927' post='2650501']
[color="#0000FF"]NAC I have no strong opinions on other than their mini-Haflinger.[/color]
[/quote]

:) you dont know us .. but thanks for the compliment.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1299122306' post='2650572']
I don't know, why not say so? If they are paying they are in effect getting reps.

I mean, I feel like whoever pays the reps actually gets the reps. That just makes sense, no?
[/quote]

It's like if you get a speeding ticket and somebody else pays for it. It was still your speeding ticket, you just have some generous friends.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299122116' post='2650563']
Thats pretty accurate, and that is similar to what I've said for some time, but yet certain individuals in doom house consider to demonize NPO and others for "forced disbandment" when, as you noted, those who disbanded could have always chose other options such as warring indefinitely or paying unreasonable reparations.

So perhaps Doom House should take that off its talking points and list of things to insult Pacifica over? Just a thought.
[/quote]

It's like you jumped off a cliff just to avoid the question.

You're a very silly man aren't you [img]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-psyduck.gif[/img]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299122688' post='2650578']
It's like if you get a speeding ticket and somebody else pays for it. It was still your speeding ticket, you just have some generous friends.
[/quote]

EXACTLY! NAC got a speeding ticket, Olympus is paying it. It's NAC's ticket, Olympus are generous friends.

I didn't think it was that hard either.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299122116' post='2650563']
Thats pretty accurate, and that is similar to what I've said for some time, but yet certain individuals in doom house consider to demonize NPO and others for "forced disbandment" when, as you noted, those who disbanded could have always chose other options such as warring indefinitely or paying unreasonable reparations.

So perhaps Doom House should take that off its talking points and list of things to insult Pacifica over? Just a thought.
[/quote]
If you really don't see the difference between someone saying "Pay 100m and we'll declare peace" and someone saying "Nope, you get war forever" then you are an idiot.

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1299122852' post='2650585']
EXACTLY! NAC got a speeding ticket, Olympus is paying it. It's NAC's ticket, Olympus are generous friends.

[/quote]

;) its good to have solid friends. Thanks Olympus NAC will never forget and we will return the favor in the future you can count on it.

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1299122852' post='2650585']

[/quote]

But I don't see how the generous friend should affect the perception of the cop who wrote the ticket. If a cop gives a $75 ticket for going 50 over and you tell him to burn in hell, surely to be consistent you should give a similar response to a different cop for giving a $35 ticket for going 30 over.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299116048' post='2650261']
Congrats on peace.

Before any of the other parties we're at war with get any ideas, their rep amount is severely discounted because of them leaving early, and not indicative of how much I intend to charge the majority of you (unless you choose to surrender soon as well).
[/quote]
What a joke --^

Surrender is pointless. Paying the enemy is pointless. Does anyone really care at this point?

You really need peace that badly that you accept terms that include paying the enemy? You should be ashamed.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1299122306' post='2650572']

[/quote]

I'll explain this quite simply with a RL example.

You are walking past the coffee counter while a good looking girl is searching for the money to pay for her Latte. You pull some change out of your pocket and pay her tab. She ordered the Latte and owed the proprietor for the Latte but you ended up being a nice bloke and picked up her tab. You never owed anything to the proprietor and there was no expectation of you paying her tab, you just did so because you thought she was cute. There is no "quid pro quo" ever implied or expected. You understand now.

Well let this serve as notice we [Olympus] think NAC are nice peeps and we said, "don't worry about your tab we'll get it for you because we like you". There is no quid pro quo in this transaction we owed nothing and expect nothing in return.

Edited by Grendel

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1299123522' post='2650601']
What a joke --^

Surrender is pointless. Paying the enemy is pointless. Does anyone really care at this point?

You really need peace that badly that you accept terms that include paying the enemy? You should be ashamed.
[/quote]

Fighting for you is pointless.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1299123522' post='2650601']
What a joke --^

[/quote]
Ah, and so it begins. Let it out NPO, let it all out how you [I]really[/I] feel about those shedding blood for you.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299123411' post='2650599']
But I don't see how the generous friend should affect the perception of the cop who wrote the ticket. If a cop gives a $75 ticket for going 50 over and you tell him to burn in hell, surely to be consistent you should give a similar response to a different cop for giving a $35 ticket for going 30 over.
[/quote]

The cop doesn't have any ice cream in this scenario, right?

Just making sure.

Congrats again on peace, guys :)

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299123589' post='2650605']
Ah, and so it begins. Let it out NPO, let it all out how you [I]really[/I] feel about those shedding blood for you.
[/quote]
To be honest, those fighting for NPO can understand why they'd feel betrayed by this.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121032' post='2650508']
I've been thinking about reps the past few days, and I'm prepared to make an offer of what Sanitarium [i]might[/i] be prepared to pay at the conclusion of this war, whenever we feel it prudent to conclude our involvement in the war. (Which is not right now, nor do I expect it to be soon.)

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything. There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that they don't "force alliances to disband". I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure disbanding if you don't get what you want is a far cry from them forcing you to disband, but congratulations on sounding like a spoiled toddler.

[quote name='Kryievla' timestamp='1299123646' post='2650606']
The cop doesn't have any ice cream in this scenario, right?

Just making sure.

Congrats again on peace, guys :)
[/quote]

Well played, I must admit. ;)

But seriously, why such a vastly different reaction? "Congrats all around" versus "Burn in hell".

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299123589' post='2650605']
[/quote]
Pay attention. I've been saying surrender with rep payments is shameful ever since this war started. It goes for any war really. There is no point in rebuilding your enemy. Alliances that do this nonsense and pay reps should just disband. It's been proven that reps to pay old wrongs don't really pay those old wrongs, so why the $%&@ would anyone pay reps again.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299123698' post='2650610']
To be honest, those fighting for NPO can understand why they'd feel betrayed by this.
[/quote]

I can't speak for them but perhaps Olympus and NAC were hoping that NPO would actually fight with them, rather than cycle more members out to hide in peace mode leaving their allies to take a beating.

Considering they were fighting to defend their ally don't you think they might feel a bit betrayed also?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1299119013' post='2650418']
Hey Wicked, some of our nations are in PM, some are due to come out (a few like Dilber are deathly inactive), and some are just resting around. Rest assured that NSO is doing quite a lot of fighting for our side and abilities, just ask some GOONs. Not saying Olympus (and NAC) didn't do a lot either, because they did and our coalition will have a bit of filling up to do here as a result.
[/quote]
Well maybe some other alliances should follow your trend

[quote]Perhaps Olympus and NAC were hoping that NPO would actually fight with them, rather than cycle more members out to hide in peace mode.[/quote]
This guy summed it up quite well but forgot to include Legion

EDIT: 100 mil, while i dont agree with reps period, isnt exactly breaking the bank for Olympus(who per the OP offered to pay for NAC) thats only like 7 nations maxing out their slots to wrap it up on one cycle

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1299123849' post='2650617']
Perhaps Olympus and NAC were hoping that NPO would actually fight with them, rather than cycle more members out to hide in peace mode.
[/quote]
We have just under 400 current wars going, we are fighting. You are just being stupidly ignorant.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1299123795' post='2650616']
Pay attention. I've been saying surrender with rep payments is shameful ever since this war started. It goes for any war really. There is no point in rebuilding your enemy. [b]Alliances that do this nonsense and pay reps should just disband.[/b] It's been proven that reps to pay old wrongs don't really pay those old wrongs, so why the $%&@ would anyone pay reps again.
[/quote]

Does this mean that NPO is winning this war?