An agreement of peace

Darn, we have to peace? and just when I had found enemies with actual warchests to rob! :P

In all seriousness, I'd like to thank all my opponents for being gracious and well mannered, especially Xaranthius. I hope to spy fight you again some time, its an incredibly amusing waste of money. Still disappointed you didn't take my surrender terms though, I was really hoping to see that youtube vid.

While not every member of doomhouse showed this level of class, the majority of what I saw was good-natured warring and I'm glad for it. Here's looking forward to next time.
OH almost forgot my shoutout to Johnny Apocalypse, Palace, and the other doomhousers that showed up in Olympus' IRC channel to talk and make it fun

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299116279' post='2650269']
so cute...

Congrats on peace, Olympus. I know why you did this and i know it wasnt an easy thing to do

EDIT: RV before you start bashing lets look at something. Youve now been at war for something like 2 or so weeks. Legion STILL has 201 nations in PM 2/3rds of their alliance still not willing to come out and fight and all big nations. All of NSO's big nations are in peace mode. Meanwhile Olympus has about half their big nations out of peace mode.

See the issue here? one party is willing to fight while other parties arent
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I like Olympus actually. NAC I have no strong opinions on other than their mini-Haflinger. Whatever bashing you perceived was not directed at either of those alliances.[/color]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299116048' post='2650261']
Congrats on peace.

Before any of the other parties we're at war with get any ideas, their rep amount is severely discounted because of them leaving early, and not indicative of how much I intend to charge the majority of you (unless you choose to surrender soon as well).
[/quote]

I've been thinking about reps the past few days, and I'm prepared to make an offer of what Sanitarium [i]might[/i] be prepared to pay at the conclusion of this war, whenever we feel it prudent to conclude our involvement in the war. (Which is not right now, nor do I expect it to be soon.)

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything. There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that they don't "force alliances to disband". I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299119321' post='2650431']
A great man once said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
[/quote]

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1299119923' post='2650460']
When a man's got money in his pocket, he begins to appreciate peace.
[/quote]

Put down the fortune cookies and back away. :ph34r:

Congrats on peace Oly and NAC o/

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1299120924' post='2650500']
Boat drinks and sheep for everyone :awesome:

Glad to see peace here,
[/quote]

Aww come on, no wishes for GOONS to burn in hell? These terms are comparable to DT's in terms of NAC's ability to pay, why the preferential treatment? :(

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299121320' post='2650519']
Aww come on, no wishes for GOONS to burn in hell? These terms are comparable to DT's in terms of NAC's ability to pay, why the preferential treatment? :(
[/quote]
Read the OP, NAC are not paying one Dime

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121032' post='2650508']
I've been thinking about reps the past few days, and I'm prepared to make an offer of what Sanitarium [i]might[/i] be prepared to pay at the conclusion of this war, whenever we feel it prudent to conclude our involvement in the war. (Which is not right now, nor do I expect it to be soon.)

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. [b]I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything.[/b] There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that [b]they don't "force alliances to disband"[/b]. I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.
[/quote]

Why is it forced disbandment if you're the one choosing to disband?

EDIT: RV before you start bashing lets look at something. Youve now been at war for something like 2 or so weeks. Legion STILL has 201 nations in PM 2/3rds of their alliance still not willing to come out and fight and all big nations. All of NSO's big nations are in peace mode. Meanwhile Olympus has about half their big nations out of peace mode.

[/quote]
I'm pretty sure only about 7 of our nations haven't come out of peace mode yet. The reason all of our big nations are in peace mode is because everyone else has been beaten down...

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121032' post='2650508']

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything. There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that they don't "force alliances to disband". I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.
[/quote]
We offer all of our enemies reasonable terms such as the ones in the OP, if you do not wish to pay them, and choose to disband, that's your choice. If a reasonable path to peace is available, it can't be called forced disbandment. Your attempt to attack us with your pathetic lawyering is just that, pathetic. I suppose I should not be surprised that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the term "forced disbandment". Hint: "Forced" implies there were no options.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1299121480' post='2650526']
Why is it forced disbandment if you're the one choosing to disband?
[/quote]

NPO never [u]forced[/u] anybody to disband either, but you still talk about it in such a negative light.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299121320' post='2650519']
[/quote]

Well at least in GOONS' case they were the ones attacked. Which is probably why people aren't begrudging Legacy their half of the DT loot. If I remember SN attacked DT. Not often you hear of the attacking alliance ask for reps unless they got whipped and needed it to patch their wounded pride.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121694' post='2650540']
NPO never [u]forced[/u] anybody to disband either, but you still talk about it in such a negative light.
[/quote]
Your rhetoric is utterly transparent and nobody buys it. You should stop before you embarrass yourself further in this public venue.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1299121669' post='2650539']
I'm confused, if Olympus is just paying NAC reps why not just say Olympus got reps?
[/quote]
Our Allies are allowed to pay it also, why not say BAPS got reps?

[quote name='Affluenza' timestamp='1299121758' post='2650544']
For the sake of clarity...
[/quote]
But see, its not clarity. It is actually the opposite of clarity, since it just adds unnecessary information about NAC when in fact Olympus is paying.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121694' post='2650540']
[/quote]

I'm sorry, what? You didn't answer my question.

Why is it forced disbandment if you are the one choosing to disband the alliance? You could always choose to not disband the alliance and to continue to wage war instead.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299121784' post='2650546']
Your rhetoric is utterly transparent and nobody buys it. You should stop before you embarrass yourself further in this public venue.
[/quote]
He's just living up to his namesake, Sar.

Thanks to Roquentin, you have been very classy. I expected terms to be a lot worse than they are.

Best of luck to NAC rebuilding, you know you still have our support. To the coalition alliances remaining, best of luck. Olympus, let's do our thing.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1299121669' post='2650539']
I'm confused, if Olympus is just paying NAC reps why not just say Olympus got reps?
[/quote]

Because we didn't, we're just paying it. As Pansy said, any of our allies are also allowed to pay it, yet they weren't even in the conflict. Its not their reps. We've had discussions with NAC and we're paying them, 'why' doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Sentences. <_<

Edited by President S O

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1299121951' post='2650556']
I'm sorry, what? You didn't answer my question.

Why is it forced disbandment if you are the one choosing to disband the alliance? You could always choose to not disband the alliance and to continue to wage war instead.
[/quote]

Thats pretty accurate, and that is similar to what I've said for some time, but yet certain individuals in doom house consider to demonize NPO and others for "forced disbandment" when, as you noted, those who disbanded could have always chose other options such as warring indefinitely or paying unreasonable reparations.

So perhaps Doom House should take that off its talking points and list of things to insult Pacifica over? Just a thought.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1299121466' post='2650525']
Read the OP, NAC are not paying one Dime
[/quote]

I'm not sure how that's relevant, the reparations were given to NAC, Olympus has simply agreed to pay for them. The same could be true of DT's reparations (half of them), if one of their allies steps forward.

[OOC]A lot of the early reparations for the Treaty of Versailles were paid for by the United States as a loan to Germany, but you certainly wouldn't say that it was the U.S. who had to pay reparations[/OOC]

\EDIT: RV before you start bashing lets look at something. Youve now been at war for something like 2 or so weeks. Legion STILL has 201 nations in PM 2/3rds of their alliance still not willing to come out and fight and all big nations. All of NSO's big nations are in peace mode. Meanwhile Olympus has about half their big nations out of peace mode.

[/quote]
Don't you dare accuse us of not being willing to fight this war. We've used more of our top tier than any alliance on our side- they've just gotten torn to shreds by DH's upper tier. We've lost 40% of our pre war NS fighting this war, and anything we had resembling our top tier has been destroyed, not to mention the aid we've bee providing our allies in lieu of aiding our own nations. So don't you [i]dare[/i] accuse us of not doing our part.