An agreement of peace

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299159574' post='2651095']
I believe NEW would happen to disagree.
[/quote]

What kind of strange backwards-assed argument is this? We had nothing to do with NEW. Was the NEW situation a global conflict? Did you consider the 6 million dollar war a global conflict? Did you consider NSO's allies to be avoiding said conflict?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299156182' post='2651067']
I ran the numbers about a week ago too, and you were only at 11 wars then. So yeah. And I have no problem talking about active wars per nation- NSO has nothing to be ashamed of, nor do our allies. These are the stats as of yesterday morning:
[/quote]

Dude. What exactly is your point? If you seriously want to call out someone who was on your side of a conflict by throwing some weak numbers around, be my guest. I just am not sure what you are trying to prove. How does that make your alliance or coalition (of which we were a part of) look any better? It doesnt. My point was that by throwing stats around, you are just opening the door for someone to start posting LOLpeacemode stats again. And no one wants that anymore.

I dont play the statistics game. I am sure if I did, I could come up with something that would make you look worse than what you are and make the NAC look better. I dont have the time or energy to waste on pointless crap like that. I also ran numbers throughout this conflict and what I seen was far different than what you have posted here.

First we get criticized for going all in, and now we are criticized for not declaring enough ? Do you think that maybe everyone should just stop criticizing their own side and just move on?

If you guys have such a problem with the NAC maybe you should come talk to us in private instead of airing it out here. I am sure you will find that we have more in common than you realize.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299159574' post='2651095']
I believe NEW would happen to disagree.
[/quote]

To further emphasize this point let's just look at a gem from a government member of GOONS:

[quote=JT_Tag in #mushroom][22:17] <JT_Jag[GOONS]> we're not going to let this entire coalition fall on the sword because of one dumb indonesian alliance[/quote]

How lovely.

Edited by Mr Damsky

First, congratulations to all on bringing a measure of peace to the world.

Nordreich had the pleasure of fighting Olympus in the so-called 'Bi-Polar War'. We came away from that conflict with a genuine sense of admiration for them. In a world that so often seems to be populated by chest-thumping apes, Olympus proved otherwise. Their members fought hard and well and there was none of the ridiculous bombast many of us have grown accustomed to seeing in any large conflict.

While I am one of those who does not believe it appropriate to impose reparations on those who enter a war owing to treaty obligations, I nevertheless understand that others do not feel the way I do. (This is neither the time or place to discuss that.) But I must say that, ignoring that disagreement for a moment, I am unsurprised to learn that Olympus have decided to step up and help their friends in NAC. It merely deepens the respect I already hold for them.

Again, congratulations to everyone.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299160470' post='2651104']
What kind of strange backwards-assed argument is this? We had nothing to do with NEW. Was the NEW situation a global conflict? Did you consider the 6 million dollar war a global conflict? Did you consider NSO's allies to be avoiding said conflict?
[/quote]

The NEW situation was a global conflict that didn't really take off because of your spineless bloc mates.

Same thing with the 6 million dollar war (except for the fact that it was someone else). And yes I was equally as disgusted with NSO's allies for not assisting NSO. You can go back and read their thread to see for yourself.

I heard my name somewhere in here.

I'm not entirely sure where this throwing around of Pacifica's opinions is from our Gov since I have not seen us post in here aside from Brennan. I spoke with NAC last night and did indeed thank them for their work and involvement in this conflict. Even though I'm sure some would disagree, NAC did well for their experience and planning. They should be commended for their sacrifice.

I will not comment on Olympus at this time or really ever in this thread. Read into it what you will, but my personal opinion was relayed in a private conversation and that is where it will stay.

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1299163842' post='2651138']
I will not comment on Olympus at this time or really ever in this thread. Read into it what you will, but my personal opinion was relayed in a private conversation and that is where it will stay.
[/quote]
You think that is not commenting?

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299160571' post='2651106']
To further emphasize this point let's just look at a gem from a government member of GOONS:

How lovely.
[/quote]

Indeed. Now answer my questions.

e: oh, you did. Yeah, sorry....just as NSO got themselves into a mess that resulted in their allies standing idly by, so did NEW. NEW did something incredibly stupid that was condemned by a majority of Bob. Your point is ridiculously moot.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1299140076' post='2650977']
First off, Olympus has given me two of the only three combatants that have fought well so far this war (the third coming from those cool guys in the NSO) and it will be a shame to watch them go.

Secondly, I highly doubt it considering how poorly TPF has stacked up so far. Things will be easier for us now that an actual fighting force is out of the conflict. Now remind me how you have an effective winning strategy while we steamroll your nations into dust. :smug:

There is no good guy, bad guy dynamic here. Just winners and losers and those who were smart to get out early while the rest fall to the dogs of war.

P.S. I can't wait to see the screencaps of the one victory you guys were able to get on an inactive nation.
[/quote]
I can't wait to see performance reviews of entire alliances based on hitting a 20 day old 2k ns nation. I hope you see the irony to your statement.

Thanks for the help Oly, good luck with peace.

[quote name='Hellbilly' timestamp='1299154943' post='2651061']
I would say its not a good idea to start throwing stats about how many wars are active per nation in the alliances at war. Yes. hours before peace we still had 7 active wars. Had we not been unable to fight on we wouldnt have decided to leave the conflict and I am sure that number would have been a little different. But hey, feel free to bash away. We know what we gave to this coalition. We gave everything we had. If it is still not up to some of your standards, then so be it.

We are a micro AA with limited resources. We knew that going in. heck anyone who looked at our pre-war stats would have known it as well. Most micro AA's are incapable of prolonged war. Thats a fact. The NAC did the best we could do with what we had. We brought all of our force to bear and hit the enemy with all we had for as long as we could. We lost over half of our NS in the process. But we left it all on the battlefield.

I wish all those remaining in the Coalition the best of luck. I hope your strategy works and you find yourselves victorious.

[b]And I would like to give a shout-out to my opponents in this war, especially Hiro Nakara of Tora Tora Tora for a good clean fight.[/b]
[/quote]

Likewise Hellbilly. You were the best opponent I fought, and that includes targets from NPO TPF and CoJ, You were about 86.4% better than any of them. I'd feel proud, you done your part that's all that can be asked from your allies.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299160807' post='2651109']
The NEW situation was a global conflict that didn't really take off because of your spineless bloc mates.

Same thing with the 6 million dollar war (except for the fact that it was someone else). And yes I was equally as disgusted with NSO's allies for not assisting NSO. You can go back and read their thread to see for yourself.
[/quote]

Spineless if we don't act, spineless if we do act.

Since you aren't using your's I will borrow your spine.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1299165716' post='2651146']
Indeed. Now answer my questions.

e: oh, you did. Yeah, sorry....just as NSO got themselves into a mess that resulted in their allies standing idly by, so did NEW. NEW did something incredibly stupid that was condemned by a majority of Bob. Your point is ridiculously moot.
[/quote]

Maybe you like making up history? NSO requested their allies to not get involved, if NEW didnt do that and requested help from allies then getting denied, it becomes a whole different situation...

Anyways congrats on peace...

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1299169673' post='2651181']
Maybe you like making up history? NSO requested their allies to not get involved, if NEW didnt do that and requested help from allies then getting denied, it becomes a whole different situation...

[/quote]

What about my post is 'making up history'? ...or did you just arrive in this thread to antagonize me?

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299156182' post='2651067']
I ran the numbers about a week ago too, and you were only at 11 wars then. So yeah. And I have no problem talking about active wars per nation- NSO has nothing to be ashamed of, nor do our allies. These are the stats as of yesterday morning:
[/quote]

[quote name='Varianz']
Sanitarium- 9 nations, 10 active wars, 1.1 active wars per nation
Olympus- 57 nations, 45 active wars, 0.77 active wars per nation
NPO- 536 nations, 382 active wars, 0.71 active wars per nation
TPF- 120 nations, 74 active wars, 0.61 active wars per nation
NSO- 89 nations, 48 active wars, 0.54 wars per nation
TLR- 32 nations, 10 active wars, 0.31 active wars per nation
ASU- 59 nations, 14 active wars, 0.24 active wars per nation
Legion- 300 nations, 72 active wars, 0.24 active wars per nation
Invicta- 71 nations, 12 active wars, 0.17 active wars per nation
NAC- 49 nations, 7 active wars, 0.14 active wars per nation

[/quote]

Nothing like pointing out just how pathetic your coalition is. To think that some of you actually claim to be winning. :lol1:

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1299170571' post='2651193']
Nothing like pointing out just how pathetic your coalition is. To think that some of you actually claim to be winning. :lol1:
[/quote]
Well I can only get one member of your "winning" coalition to declare on me at a time so otherwise it'd probably be higher for us, at least.

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1299172473' post='2651236']
My name is Lord of the Dance and I approve of this surrender.

Now as an honorary Legionnaire I must get back to my six twenty-fifths of a war. I am losing alas. I knew I should have got into peace mode.
[/quote]

The level of humour in GOONs is pretty weak, even by my standards.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1299137909' post='2650953']
I am not sure about Olympus though, I definitely expected more from them from and am disappointed.
[/quote]

I'll take your judgment, Guffey. I know what we did in this conflict. Our allies know and our opponents know. That said, I do have one little request, though. If you ever had respect for Olympus or any of us, save a tiny little space next to that hard stone of judgment--just enough space for a seed--to realize there may be information in this situation of which you are unaware.

Olympus is who she has always been. She is who we have always represented her as. There is nothing new to see here.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1299139636' post='2650974']
Well, considering there wasn't a valid reason for GOONs to attack NPO in the first place, it seems a bit hypocritical to punish someone for actually following their treaty, be it an optional aggressive or mutual defensive clause. Either way, it's a treaty nonetheless. Then again, I'm teaching common sense to a GOONs members, so I'm basically speaking upon deaf ears.
[/quote]
When you win the war and we surrender to you, you can dictate reps to us using this reason.