An agreement of peace

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1299262343' post='2652565']
NPO paid the heaviest reps in the history of planet Bob at the end of the Karma war. You and the rest of your coalition attack NPO out of the blue for no reason, and expect them to pay you for the privilege?
[/quote]I said "mild terms". Never necessarily mentioned reps.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299121032' post='2650508']
I've been thinking about reps the past few days, and I'm prepared to make an offer of what Sanitarium [i]might[/i] be prepared to pay at the conclusion of this war, whenever we feel it prudent to conclude our involvement in the war. (Which is not right now, nor do I expect it to be soon.)

But anyway, my offer is... not a damn cent. [b]I'd rather disband then pay GOONS anything.[/b] There will be your chance to prove that Doom House is a benevolent coalition and that they don't "force alliances to disband". I'm counting on you guys to live up to your rhetoric, because you can rest assured that I will live up to mine.
[/quote]OK, disband then pay GOONS anything.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299263670' post='2652580']
I don't think [b]anyone[/b] is actively looking to disband legion. You can come down from your martyr cross now. Also people are really overestimating how much we hate other alliances. There are precious few alliances that I outright loathe.
[/quote]

This guy :awesome:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299263670' post='2652580']
I don't think anyone is actively looking to disband legion. You can come down from your martyr cross now. Also people are really overestimating how much we hate other alliances. There are precious few alliances that I outright loathe.
[/quote]

It's not martyrdom. Martyrdom at least has the respectable quality of intending to promote a cause through personal sacrifice, not self preservation. This is a classic passive-aggressive tactic of portraying a superior party as morally misguided and irrational. Standing by for the follow up post containing either an emotional appeal about how they just wanted to be left alone or how we're actually all on the same side. That or about how we're confused and our aggression should be focused on another "mutual"/secret enemy...knowing these guys it'll be one of their less valuable allies. Dr. Mob, signing off.

edit: Forgot about the other approach. Portraying one's opinion that the superior party is inferior in character and declaring it as fact.

Edited by mobmentality

[quote name='TheMeatOne' timestamp='1299263546' post='2652577']
I'm pretty sure most GOONS didn't care about the reasoning behind going to war or who we were fighting. That's not because were mindless drones, but because we want have a good time, war is fun, therefore we were excited for the chance.

I don't think he was trying that at all, only speaking the truth. We want to do it because its fun, and I'm sure we will charge reps because it will make this war experience even more enjoyable.

If you don't want to pay for reps then win...
or delete
[/quote]If war is so much fun in and of itself, then how about you stop throwing this ridiculous temper tantrum over reps payments and just fight the war?

Here's a hint: We aren't going to reward you for your aggressive attack. You want war, fine, you got it, but don't expect to be showered with gifts at the end of it.

[quote name='mobmentality' timestamp='1299270105' post='2652662']
It's not martyrdom. Martyrdom at least has the respectable quality of intending to promote a cause through personal sacrifice, not self preservation. This is a classic passive-aggressive tactic of portraying a superior party as morally misguided and irrational. Standing by for the follow up post containing either an emotional appeal about how they just wanted to be left alone or how we're actually all on the same side. That or about how we're confused and our aggression should be focused on another "mutual"/secret enemy...knowing these guys it'll be one of their less valuable allies. Dr. Mob, signing off.

edit: Forgot about the other approach. Portraying one's opinion that the superior party is inferior in character and declaring it as fact.
[/quote]
Right, because GOONS is the morally superior alliance in this conflict :lol1:

Let me get this straight: GOONS declares an unprovoked aggressive war, for the repeated reason that you just want to smash stuff, but you're the good guys? How damned delusional do you have to be? What the hell are they feeding you guys over there?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299199776' post='2651723']
We didn't attack TPF. TPF attacked us. 64Digits optionally chained in. I don't see how it could be extortion if they had every ability to not attack us, but chose to anyway.

Lots of people optionally chained in and attacked only GOONS. I know deflections like "honor" were thrown around, but no. It was just a dogpile on people they wanted to get a shot off at. If they opt for not paying reps over an optional war, that's their own problem.
[/quote]You miss the part where I explained this was not an optional decision for us. There is far more to our relationship with TPF than scraps of paper. The paperwork simply doesn't represent the actual relationship (Something I repeatedly pester TPF about).

I'm not going to go and explain the concept of honor to you again, you can't possibly understand.

You also missed the part where I said you should stop living in this delusional world of yours where everyone is only in this because they want to get a shot off at GOONS. Unwarranted self importance much? We hit you because Doomhouse conveniently splits it's tiers into 3 alliances, and our strategy was to start by hitting the lower tiers. "Lower tier of Doomhouse" and "GOONS" are synonyms.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299274506' post='2652713']
If war is so much fun in and of itself, then how about you stop throwing this ridiculous temper tantrum over reps payments and just fight the war?

Here's a hint: We aren't going to reward you for your aggressive attack. You want war, fine, you got it, but don't expect to be showered with gifts at the end of it.
[/quote]

I will never tire of your pathetic attempts to project emotions onto us. We're "crying", we're "throwing a temper tantrum" and all? Yeah, no. There are no tears here, nor is there any temper tantrum, or any other such ridiculousness. There is a price to be paid in attacking us. People should have known this coming in, many did. Perhaps next time it won't be such a surprise, if your side can muster the courage for a next time.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299275712' post='2652727']
You miss the part where I explained this was not an optional decision for us.
[/quote]

well, except for the fact that it was. The only thing obligating you to attack us was your personality.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1299268862' post='2652649']
Good show Olympus.

Glad to see my friends in NAC out.
[/quote]

Thanks LW .. we are glad to be out , hopefully we can swing by and hang out a little more now things are starting to settle down.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299274506' post='2652713']
How about you stop throwing this ridiculous temper tantrum over reps payments and just fight the war?
[/quote]

I could personally care less about reps, but many goons want them, not that we want them in and of themselves but because people seem to hate them so much. As well it makes people hate us more, which makes this more interesting too.

Edited by TheMeatOne

[quote name='TheMeatOne' timestamp='1299281999' post='2652825']
I could personally care less about reps, but many goons want them, not that we want them in and of themselves but because people seem to hate them so much. As well it makes people hate us more, which makes this more interesting too.
[/quote]Actually, when GOONS keeps bringing it up, it makes them look worse and worse. We're loving that you keep trying to assert that you are somehow owed reps. It is one of the easiest PR victories we could hope for, and you're handing it to us on a silver platter. And when you inevitably force alliances to disband because they refuse to pay your fees, well, I don't think the public is going to let something like that stand. It is going to bring your end.

The best part is, the ones with the power to prevent your downfall are you yourselves, but your own pride prevents you from saving yourselves.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299282525' post='2652835']
Actually, when GOONS keeps bringing it up, it makes them look worse and worse. We're loving that you keep trying to assert that you are somehow owed reps. It is one of the easiest PR victories we could hope for, and you're handing it to us on a silver platter. And when you inevitably force alliances to disband because they refuse to pay your fees, well, I don't think the public is going to let something like that stand. It is going to bring your end.

The best part is, the ones with the power to prevent your downfall are you yourselves, but your own pride prevents you from saving yourselves.
[/quote]

We are owed reps because we said so...
And the public will do nothing about it

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1299262343' post='2652565']
We aren't going to get white peace, there will be no agreeable terms. Your conduct and message leaves us with only one conclusion, to lose is to be destroyed. From our perspective, we're already fighting a guerrilla war.
[/quote]

This sums up my opinion quite nicely, so I feel the need to re-state it.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1299283274' post='2652850']
Continuing the war suits us just fine as well ;)
[/quote]

Not surprising, I'm sure it strokes your personal ego when your nation, accounting for just .3% of GOONS membership, accounts for 7% of GOONS total NS, a number sure to rise.

[quote name='TheMeatOne' timestamp='1299282643' post='2652838']
We are owed reps because we said so...
And the public will do nothing about it
[/quote]

You guys are just so much fun.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299283541' post='2652853']
Not surprising, I'm sure it strokes your personal ego when your nation, accounting for just .3% of GOONS membership, accounts for 7% of GOONS total NS, a number sure to rise.
[/quote]
Ah yes thank you Mr. Memoryproblems, I had forgotten about my massive ego. That suits me too :D

Edit:

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1299283641' post='2652855']
You guys are just so much fun.
[/quote]
We do love to be hated ;)

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1299282907' post='2652843']
Stopped reading here.

Do you honestly believe this?
[/quote]The stats support his statement. When FAN, MK, Umbrella and GOONS declared on NPO, they held only a slight advantage in most statistical categories (score, number of nations, nation strength, nuke count, ect). When the bulk of NPO's allies (and NPO's allies' allies) countered (against GOONS), NPO's side actually had a by and large statistical advantage. There was a good month or so there where, if NPO's coalition had played their cards right, they could have done a LOT more damage to us. Instead, they turtled and played the curbstomp card.

Things only started getting out of hand numbers-wise a week or two ago when the NpO front started collapsing, allowing CnG to enter this front. But to say it was a curbstomp from the beginning is an outright fallacy.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299276460' post='2652741']
well, except for the fact that it was. The only thing obligating you to attack us was your personality.
[/quote]It is not my fault that you cannot hope to understand the concept of honor.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299284761' post='2652879']
It is not my fault that you cannot hope to understand the concept of honor.
[/quote]No matter how *honorable* you are, that doesn't magically change the clause you invoked to join this war from being optional aggression. In terms of paper and politics and not morality, you were [i]not[/i] obligated to join this war. Get that through your skull.