Hearts Of Iron Are Broken, II Of Them

MCRABT

Whilst I like annoying people, I tend to do it in the full knowledge that I am and with that intention. Others seem somewhat oblivious that their self-serving actions, may, over time, wear out their friendships. Who would have thought?

I have a substantial bet that TOP will try to flipflop its way out of the current situation in time to ''save'' IRON again, I know you can, history shows you have strong flipflop instincts.

After all EVERYTHING.MUST.DIE and so forth and so on but it doesn't have to involve TOP.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1353294334' post='3054366']
Whilst I like annoying people, I tend to do it in the full knowledge that I am and with that intention. Others seem somewhat oblivious that their self-serving actions, may, over time, wear out their friendships. Who would have thought?

I have a substantial bet that TOP will try to flipflop its way out of the current situation in time to ''save'' IRON again, I know you can, history shows you have strong flipflop instincts.

After all EVERYTHING.MUST.DIE and so forth and so on but it doesn't have to involve TOP.
[/quote]

You really are out of touch aren't you?

[/quote]
I was going to make some sort of witty retort to this, but there really isn't a point anymore. That soapbox is looking awfully old nowadays.

[/quote]

The irony here is so thick I think we'll need a sturdier spoon.

[/quote]
Please TOP, don't betray MK!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1353260363' post='3054204']
[color=#0000FF]Your attempt to define the world in terms of Pacifican allies and now inconsequential alliances (RIA and GOD are now not much bigger than CoJ) is a feeble attempt to portray the Kingdom as being ostracized. That is far from the case, and we still have many allies and friends. The world has not forgotten the days of Pacifcan dominance, nor does it seek to relive those days by once again ushering you thugs into power.[/color]
[/quote]

They have been living with something far worse since. And nobody is dumb enough to think the NPO of today is anything like the NPO of old. And as much as wish you could pin the crap MK finds itself in on NPO, the fact is NPO has spent most of the last couple years licking its wounds while MK managed to destroy and turn its own power base against it. You can pretend it was all NPOs doing and I a sure that would be good for their egos but, the fact is MK has made its own bed and it is in that bed it must lie. Karma's a !@#$%*.

Edited by The Big Bad

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1353298203' post='3054379']
They have been living with something far worse since. And nobody is dumb enough to think the NPO of today is anything like the NPO of old. And as much as wish you could pin the crap MK finds itself in on NPO, the fact is NPO has spent most of the last couple years licking its wounds while MK managed to destroy and turn its own power base against it. You can pretend it was all NPOs doing and I a sure that would be good for their egos but, the fact is MK has made its own bed and it is in that bed it must lie. Karma's a !@#$%*.
[/quote]

To be fair, I'm not sure MK regrets any of it.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1352941569' post='3052477']

[center][img]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8302/ironflagmediumlk9.png[/img]
[color=orange][b][size=6]Official IRON Announcement [/size][/b][/color][/center]

It is with regret that I have the duty of informing Planet bob that at 17:30 this afternoon the Independent Republic of Orange Nations informed The Order of The Paradox that we were activating Article Five: II of the Hearts of Iron II treaty:

Reasons were communicated in private where as per our normal procedure they will remain. If I am not mistaken when the cancellation period expires this will mark the end of the oldest existing MDoAP in the game, while we may have reached the cross roads that separates us, I would like to thank TOP for their role in the good times we had together. Alas nothing lasts forever, all the best guys.

[color=orange][b]Signed for The Independent Republic Of Orange Nations,[/b][/color]

[b]The IRON Council:[/b]

[i]MCRABT[/i], President
[i]Mia[/i], Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
[i]William Blake[/i], Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
[i]Shan Revan[/i], Minister of Awesome, IRON Councilor
[i]Imran Ehsan[/i], Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor
[i]Blade 619[/i], Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor
[i]Baron Aaron[/i], Deputy Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor
[i]Queltocz[/i], Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor
[i]Matt Miller[/i], Deputy Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor
[/quote]

Reminds me of the dissolving of the OoO, the breakup of The Beatles, the day Elvis died... and don't get me started on Buddy Holly...

You guys invented the MDoAP!

Best to all, of course.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1353259527' post='3054193']
[color=#0000ff]I misrepresent nothing. It is you who misrepresents yourself. I have stated nothing but the Truth, and Truth is and always has been that your alliance has never been anything but a Pacifican lapdog. The few times you have avoided a conflict have only been when Daddy Pacifica was not there to strengthen your spine, leaving you all to cower in the corner.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Now, what else were you asking? Where have I been? I have been where I have always been. I have been standing tall as a beacon of light in this otherwise dark world.[/color]
[/quote]

[center][img]http://www.homermcfanboy.com/images/terrell-owens-star.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]Pictured: Rebel Virginia in an alternate realm/parallel universe. [/center]

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1353295977' post='3054372']
The irony here is so thick I think we'll need a sturdier spoon.
[/quote]

You must think rain on your wedding day is ironic.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1353296652' post='3054374']
Like I said earlier, IRON and TOP can still bring Grub out of his slumber :smug:
[/quote]

IRON have bored me !@#$less for years now, but TOP always delivers.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1353302819' post='3054396']
You must think rain on your wedding day is ironic.

IRON have bored me !@#$less for years now, but TOP always delivers.
[/quote]

Man you crave attention. Don't worry we haven't forgotten about you. It will probably be your turn to get rolled again in about a year.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1353303616' post='3054399']
Man you crave attention. Don't worry we haven't forgotten about you. It will probably be your turn to get rolled again in about a year.
[/quote]

Yes, I post once every 3 months seeking that attention. I know you can't forget me, I will never forget those special times we spent together either.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1353279829' post='3054324']
Your obvious animosity towards us doesn't fit with your victim role-play. At least have the respect for us that we have for you, that is- enough to be honest with you.

Your drive to cancel on TOP comes from your interactions with Crymson, as it seems he's the only one you ever choose to respond to on our forums. You saw a chance to further your own goals and in an instant cast aside a years-old treaty in favor of being within the Pacifican's good graces. Bravo though. Keep spinning. You did the same thing to Legion many years ago if you recall.

But towards my original statement- Yes you did fight against Polar and Sparta. I won't bring up motivations because I'm a firm believer that actions speak volumes more than words. You fought, that's all that matters. Thanks for everything IRON, I hope you can find someone better than MCRABT to lead in the near future.
[/quote]

Well first off I addressed multiple posters on your forums, including Dem, Bodvar, Crymson, Feanor and generally anything I thought was misconstrued or could be improved upon, generally I tried to take a step back as I wanted our membership to weigh in more than our government, Crymsons shoot and cry style simply meant that I probably had to address him the most. I know it's convenient for you to portray me as anti-TOP, it's easier for you to come to terms with the cancellation in the context of the evil MCRABT driving IRON's Council toward cancellation.

The fact is I have defended our treaty for years. It was Crymson and I that arranged our campaign against CnG, I was President of IRON and actively facilitated the attack on Polar and I was the main proponent supporting your request for assistance against Sparta even in light of concerns from our DR allies.

Seeing a TOP member cling on to RV's train crash of thought to come to terms with this cancellation is pretty disappointing, if you really think we cancelled this treaty to appease anyone other than ourselves then I'd say you have never really known IRON and I don't really understand why you would be kicking up a fuss about it if you really thought this was the case.

Now recently my interactions with Crymson have been characterised by disagreement an mutual disdain for one another, it wasn't always that way, but our interactions are totally irrelevant and have absolutely nothing to do with the reasons for our cancellation. Unfortunately our views of the world are now completely different and fundamentally incompatible, irreconcilable differences of opinion about events of the past and scepticism as to one another's motives, has resulted in a situation where trusting one another moving forward would be utterly impossible. The treaty was thus simply untenable.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1353326270' post='3054478']
I am not sure that makes any sense but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for caring.
[/quote]

He means you talk so much !@#$ you that if you were to watch yourself, then you would surely fall in to a fit of hysterics.

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1353326477' post='3054479']
He means you talk so much !@#$ you that if you were to watch yourself, then you would surely fall in to a fit of hysterics.
[/quote]

As I said, I am not sure it makes sense. I don't like your alliance for a variety of reasons but I have rarely said anything about you in the past. I try to confine my trips out from under the bridge for TOP not IRON.

Please do not expect me to cheer you from the sidelines because you finally realised something blind freddy could see years ago. Please do not expect me to stay under my bridge when such delightful opportunities present themselves, there is so little that happens now worth commenting on.

Everything.Must.FlipFlop

[color=#663300][color=darkbrown][color=dark brown][b]Donkey Kong late to party, but wanted to take opportunity to post in color. IRON takes red and yellow... Donkey Kong uses brown.

GATO finds new color.[/b][/color][/color][/color]

Donkey Kong say, good luck, IRON and TOP.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1353270671' post='3054255']
I wouldn't use that war as proof of IRON's commitment to fight... Especially after all you've said on other, public forums.
[/quote]

I disagree with the premise of this statement, but Feanor has already been over that himself.

I don't see the point, in reference to this relationship, in analyses or assignations of contributions or or anything of the sort by anyone. Our relationship with IRON was a long one. We both gave and we both took, and there were periods of greater give and lesser take for each of us at different times. Such is the nature of all relationships. But it is---I'm certain IRON is in agreement on this---frankly not the place of any outside IRON or TOP to make judgments on the matter.

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1353085294' post='3053341']
TOP's actions the past few months have been pissing off more of your allies than just IRON and I know you know that so how you're shocked is beyond me.
[/quote]

I don't know what you're referring to.

Whatever the case, with regards to the choices we've made lately, everyone should note that a great deal of us at TOP are crotchety, old CN-men who have played for a long time; we're bored with Cybernations, jaded with its changeless politics, have little patience for waiting and bickering, and carry less likelihood to compromise, and we're inclined these days to select a course and roll with it with far less consideration or worry of the future consequences to us (namely our security) than we would have in earlier times, the latter in very large part because Cybernations has become immensely trite to many of us and does not have a tremendous amount of future left to it anyway (though this is not to say that we do not take our relationships and obligations seriously; we are not an immoral or duplicitous bunch by any means). It would have been easier and far safer for us to have simply gravitated toward IRON, signed a treaty with another major alliance in that general sphere, and just floated about for awhile, but---as noted---we've a superfluity of ennui and a paucity of patience where the politics of Cybernations are concerned.

Though of course we liked IRON and still do, differences in method had grown between us for some time, there had been plenty of bickering for awhile, and in the end we didn't really have the willingness to make the sacrifices they felt we needed to make in order to keep the relationship alive. When it was asked of us---in addition to the fulfillment of other conditions---in the context of the supposedly upcoming DH-DR conflict (one that some others apparently feel is inevitable, but which we legitimately considered extremely speculative and unlikely), that we pledge beforehand to side with IRON over our other allies in the DH sphere, we baulked, unwilling to make such a commitment. In the end, because we and IRON had been traveling different paths for some time---politically and (in greater part) methodically---we ended up, by default, with the allies with whom we had more in common. And because we have so little endurance at this late stage for argument and bickering---and although we will miss IRON---that is for the best for TOP in most ways, if not in some others; but those others don't matter much to us now. In sum, you can say whatever you wish about us and it won't really matter. This is a time very late in CN's proverbial day for a great deal of us, and we'll play [i]our[/i] way, come what may.

Edited by Crymson