Hearts Of Iron Are Broken, II Of Them

MCRABT

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353391040' post='3054883']
Tell that to Sparta, LSF and RnR.
[/quote]

R&R and Sparta? Yes, clearly we left them to die...

Seriously, I can see your point in regards to LSF, but the other two? That's a bit of a stretch.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353392809' post='3054890']

Seriously, I can see your point in regards to LSF, but the other two? That's a bit of a stretch.
[/quote]

What Int made with RnR was equal or even worse than what they did to LSF, besides not defending RnR, The Int also let their own bloc partners attack RnR, an alliance they had a MDoAP with. Is something like "Yeah, you're my friend, but my best friends friends asked them to punch you in the face and since they are my best friends I'll not interfere and let them punch you in the face because, you know, best friends... But we remain friends right?"

[OOC]In fact what The International did reminds me a a passage from the book "The Kite Runner" where the rich guy let his poor friend/brother be raped by other guys while witnesses the act hidden because is too scared to intervene.[/OOC]

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1353392809' post='3054890']

[/quote]
you chose the side that gave you the win, we'll see if you guys do the same this time around.
edit: wow that is probably a stretch for analogies d34th.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1352951453' post='3052595']
Ooh look out, better do what he says PF. It sounds like he means business.
[/quote]

Here it is folks, the worst attempt at a burn I've seen in weeks. Either really doesn't get the point of the original message or purposefully mistakes it in such an artless way that I'd actually be more embarassed for him.

Good job fella!

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1353394180' post='3054901']
you chose the side that gave you the win, we'll see if you guys do the same this time around.
edit: wow that is probably a stretch for analogies d34th.
[/quote]

We chose the side who's goals were most common with ours. It just happened to be the side that won and that a majority of our treaties aligned to.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1353395437' post='3054913']
We chose the side who's goals were most common with ours. It just happened to be the side that won and that a majority of our treaties aligned to.
[/quote]

[i]"Once Is chance, twice is coincidence, third Time is a pattern"[/i]

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1353352911' post='3054587']
[b]Treaties are about politics first and friendships second[/b]. Part of the sad stagnation around here is just how many people have forgotten that. No one said you had to sign binding high level military treaties with someone to be their friend, or keep those treaties to stay friends.
[/quote]

Maybe for some people, not for everyone, i can tell you right now when we signed with DT we didn't look at their allies and allies allies and tie ins and political landscape and so on. They rule, therefor we signed with them.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1353417654' post='3054965']
MCRABT, Yo mama is so fat that the last time she saw 90210, it was on a scale.
[/quote]

OH NO YOU DIDNTTTTTTTTTT!!

Feanor, Yo Daddy so ugly he couldn't get get laid in a monkey whore house with a bag of bananas.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353400163' post='3054931']
[i]"Once Is chance, twice is coincidence, third Time is a pattern"[/i]
[/quote]

We entered Karma through LEO, both sides of Bi-Polar through LEO, VE-Polar through C&G, DH-NPO through C&G, TOP-Polar through C&G, and the Dave war through C&G. So yes, I suppose there is a pattern. INT rolls with their bloc*. We're such horrible people.

Anyway, IRON, you know I love you. Good luck moving forward.

*Except that one time when we didn't have a bloc and we defended DF. It's not a perfect pattern, but then again, D34th is the one who pointed it out. With those kind of origins, we're lucky that it works more than 50% of the time.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1353396347' post='3054920']
In before TOP starts trolling IRON (maybe).
[/quote]

Well I dont think majority of the people on either side will be taking that route, tho we all have "that guy" who might show up here or there, but overall, its not going to happen.

[quote name='andyt2k' timestamp='1353415299' post='3054957']

Maybe for some people, not for everyone, i can tell you right now when we signed with DT we didn't look at their allies and allies allies and tie ins and political landscape and so on. They rule, therefor we signed with them.
[/quote]

Yes, I think the rest of my words there cover your point fine.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1353422174' post='3054979']
We entered Karma through LEO, both sides of Bi-Polar through LEO, VE-Polar through C&G, DH-NPO through C&G, TOP-Polar through C&G, and the Dave war through C&G. So yes, I suppose there is a pattern. INT rolls with their bloc*. We're such horrible people.

Anyway, IRON, you know I love you. Good luck moving forward.

*Except that one time when we didn't have a bloc and we defended DF. It's not a perfect pattern, but then again, D34th is the one who pointed it out. With those kind of origins, we're lucky that it works more than 50% of the time.
[/quote]

So cancel all your treaties outside CnG because you clearly haven't the freedom, sovereignty or intent to honor them, every time a global war happens at least one alliance is threw under the bus by an CnG alliance, what means you keep certain treaties as a way out of a losing war or your FA guys are all stupid and should all be fired for signing conflicting treaties.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1353437464' post='3055067']
So cancel all your treaties outside CnG because you clearly haven't the freedom, sovereignty or intent to honor them, every time a global war happens at least one alliance is threw under the bus by an CnG alliance, what means you keep certain treaties as a way out of a losing war or your FA guys are all stupid and should all be fired for signing conflicting treaties.
[/quote]

How many times has STA been rolled because of their FA decisions to remain with NpO in the same timeframe? I've lost track by this point, though, I suppose it does give you a particularly unique perspective on bad FA.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1353444909' post='3055109']
How many times has STA been rolled because of their FA decisions to remain with NpO in the same timeframe? I've lost track by this point, though, I suppose it does give you a particularly unique perspective on bad FA.
[/quote]

I suppose that stay loyal to an ally even through consecutive beatings means bad FA for you, what isn't surprising, but you're comparing apples and oranges here, show me when STA signed conflicting treaties or let an ally be rolled because of it and you'll get a point, until there you are barking at the wrong tree.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1353396347' post='3054920']
In before TOP starts trolling IRON (maybe).
[/quote]
Get over yourself.

Besides, it would be a pretty one-sided affair. IRON is so stupid, I hear one time they tried to put M&Ms in alphabetical order!

I'd like to congratulate those of you salivating over this announcement for providing more drama and entertainment in this thread than we, the relevant alliances (that being, to review, IRON (erm, NPO ) and TOP (ahem, MK) delivered by parting ways and cancelling (one of?) the longest-held treaty(ies) to ever exist.

I remember joining TOP in another life, three years ago, and seeing an incredibly close bond that I as well as many others assumed would last for eternity. I wish you all the best of luck, and hope we can reconnect in the future.

Edited by Vorenus

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1353447958' post='3055161']
Get over yourself.

Besides, it would be a pretty one-sided affair. IRON is so stupid, I hear one time they tried to put M&Ms in alphabetical order!
[/quote]

There's a message in my Alpha-bits. It says "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Edited by Crymson