Hearts Of Iron Are Broken, II Of Them

MCRABT

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1352986102' post='3052790']

it seems more like IRON was doing everything they could but TOP wants to go down with the proverbial ship.
[/quote]
And which proverbial ship might be sinking?

What many call a "tough" but "necessary" and "right" decision merits, at best, only one of those monikers. This was a decision resulting from a conscious choice from a number of options, a choice subsequently acted upon in a direct manner that resulted in the simple and speedy elimination of this tie. Tough implies reservation, and I see none. Necessary implies it was involuntary, it was very much voluntary. Of the many descriptors offered, only "right" fits, and only insofar as your decision is consistent with your desires and not, as Schatt so often complains of in regard to treaties, based on a delusion that all competing policies might be reconciled.

Good luck to you, gentlemen.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1353012054' post='3052950']
And which proverbial ship might be sinking?

What many call a "tough" but "necessary" and "right" decision merits, at best, only one of those monikers. This was a decision resulting from a conscious choice from a number of options, a choice subsequently acted upon in a direct manner that resulted in the [i]simple and speedy elimination of this tie. Tough implies reservation, and I see none[/i]. Necessary implies it was involuntary, it was very much voluntary. Of the many descriptors offered, only "right" fits, and only insofar as your decision is consistent with your desires and not, as Schatt so often complains of in regard to treaties, based on a delusion that all competing policies might be reconciled.

Good luck to you, gentlemen.
[/quote]

Hey Ardus, $%&@ off.

Good luck to you TOP. No one in IRON is happy that this is gone.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1353013052' post='3052961']

As I disagree with the decisions resulting in the end of this treaty, I must regretfully and respectfully decline your request.
[/quote]

Well isn't that interesting. Do you disagree with the reasons for said decisions, or do you disagree because the cancellation could arguably have consequences for your alliance's FA?

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1353014144' post='3052973']
Well isn't that interesting. Do you disagree with the reasons for said decisions, or do you disagree because the cancellation could arguably have consequences for your alliance's FA?
[/quote]
Friendship is Power

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1353014144' post='3052973']
[/quote]
One of your offered options is merely a subset of the other.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1353013052' post='3052961']
As I disagree with the decisions resulting in the end of this treaty, I must regretfully and respectfully decline your request.
[/quote]

Opinions are subjective and how one views similar facts is a matter of opinion, where the line is drawn or what conclusion is reached depends on the perspective or goals involved. When those said goals conflict or what makes or breaks a tie is different, you are free to disagree with the decisions, but it is a matter of perspective. The so called decisions here were not ones made lightly and certainly weren't made speedily.

It can be that very difference in perspective that necessisates a change in ties. It is hard for anyone outside of TOP-IRON to determine how these decisions were made as only TOP and IRON are privvy to the entire dynamics involved, no matter what one may say, only the direct parties involved can see everything that has passed up to this point.

That being said, I certainly have enjoyed working with TOP and there have been good and bad times. There are in any relationship. It has been a pleasure getting to know you, TOP and best of luck in the future.