Citizens United

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1319126712' post='2829291']
BTW I am wondering what will happen, your allies getting involved to bail you out or you surrendering?
[/quote]
Why would we surrender? This war has been the best recruitment policy we've ever had. Also we're having fun and it's not like we're going to run out of money anytime soon. There's no incentive for us to stop fighting.

inb4 stats argument about who is winning

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1319098169' post='2829180']
Because the point is to win.

[/quote]

What does that have to with anything. Doch joining isn't going to change the face of the war much... unless you are mean Doch individually, which I can't say whether or not he's actually winning, but it doesn't change that it's opportunistic...

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1319126991' post='2829295']
Why would we surrender? This war has been the best recruitment policy we've ever had. Also we're having fun and it's not like we're going to run out of money anytime soon. There's no incentive for us to stop fighting.

[/quote]

You're forgetting that Jacapo sips on Hateraide all day and assumes it will be one or the other cuz, "herf derf, you guys are awful."

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319133472' post='2829352']
What does that have to with anything. Doch joining isn't going to change the face of the war much... unless you are mean Doch individually, which I can't say whether or not he's actually winning, [b]but it doesn't change that it's opportunistic...[/b][/quote]

Not all mercenaries are opportunists, there are a lot more reasons, like distaste in alliances or wanting to slap a retard or just mere casualties. But you just stay in your dream world where they just in it to win it :rolleyes:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1319138205' post='2829386']
Not all mercenaries are opportunists, there are a lot more reasons, like distaste in alliances or wanting to slap a retard or just mere casualties. But you just stay in your dream world where they just in it to win it :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I won't lie, it was opportunistic but there are reasons behind it. I don't care much to explain myself to him though.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1319126991' post='2829295']

[/quote]

I hope to god your view of your finances isn't as short sighted as your inb4 stats argument, that argument happened a long time ago.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1319138205' post='2829386']
[/quote]

Distaste in an alliance, join war to hit them = opportunism
Wanting to slap a retard, join war to do so = opportunism
Want more casualties, join war to score more = opportunism

No matter how you look at it, mercs are opportunists. They're joining a war in progress for whatever reason is their own for the opportunity to do something (whatever it may be). Joining a fight for the desire to win doesn't make one an opportunist per se, tho if it's the only way they're able to get one then yes it's opportunistic as well.

None of that's not to say I'm against them in any way. If you want to get any where in life, you have to be somewhat opportunistic at times. It's just a fact. I joined NSO in the first place on an opportunistic whim to get a certain war. ZOMG I'm an opportunist.

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1319107494' post='2829208']
All I hear from the peanut gallery is "roll Polar".

Put your money where your mouth is. I am getting pretty tired of this.
Put up or shut up.

I guess your name pretty much covers your little band of useless alliances, mr. Wuss.
[/quote]

Roll Polar, again.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1319180253' post='2829826']
Distaste in an alliance, join war to hit them = opportunism
Wanting to slap a retard, join war to do so = opportunism
Want more casualties, join war to score more = opportunism

No matter how you look at it, mercs are opportunists. They're joining a war in progress for whatever reason is their own for the opportunity to do something (whatever it may be). Joining a fight for the desire to win doesn't make one an opportunist per se, tho if it's the only way they're able to get one then yes it's opportunistic as well.

None of that's not to say I'm against them in any way. If you want to get any where in life, you have to be somewhat opportunistic at times. It's just a fact. I joined NSO in the first place on an opportunistic whim to get a certain war. ZOMG I'm an opportunist.
[/quote]

Surprisingly, I'm in agreement.

An alliance that attracts randoms can be attributed to having a popular stance, against a foe the merc doesn't like, or some more personal reason like casualty count or boredom.

But regardless, while I'm not a fan of bandwagoners, people who take an active approach to put themselves in harm's way for some gain (how ever they figure it) should be accorded at least a smidgen of respect.

Nothing wrong with chasing your dreams.

Fortune favors the bold, after all.

Edited by Kzoppistan

is anyone seeing the similarities between this war and WW1? Allies helping allies and the whole thing implodes among itself..I am part of an alliance that is obligated by a treaty to help our allies. However I don't feel that this needs to come to that at all...by my understanding of this situation you have a very large alliance up against many small alliances that are evenly matched. The aide that is being given to the collective of small alliances is being provided by some very large alliances which is honestly making this a pissing match between large alliances by default. Honestly if I was making any of the choices here I would stay away from the military part of this and just aide whichever alliance you have treaties with. It obliges your part as written by the treaty but doesn't launch this into all out chaos like this will if it gets out of hand. I don't know, just my two cents.

[quote name='AgentChaos' timestamp='1319299436' post='2830500']
is anyone seeing the similarities between this war and WW1? Allies helping allies and the whole thing implodes among itself..I am part of an alliance that is obligated by a treaty to help our allies. However I don't feel that this needs to come to that at all...by my understanding of this situation you have a very large alliance up against many small alliances that are evenly matched. The aide that is being given to the collective of small alliances is being provided by some very large alliances which is honestly making this a pissing match between large alliances by default. Honestly if I was making any of the choices here I would stay away from the military part of this and just aide whichever alliance you have treaties with. It obliges your part as written by the treaty but doesn't launch this into all out chaos like this will if it gets out of hand. I don't know, just my two cents.
[/quote]

The only time this will get out of hand is for the following reasons:

1) NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA, Tetris go crying to their larger allies to save them from having to surrender.
2) Allies of NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA, Tetris get sick of waiting for NpO and just start attacking in the hope it brings NpO to the party.

those are the only two reasons this will get any bigger.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1319338256' post='2830751']
The only time this will get out of hand is for the following reasons:

1) NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA, Tetris go crying to their larger allies to save them from having to surrender.
2) Allies of NSO, NsO, BTA, IAA, Tetris get sick of waiting for NpO and just start attacking in the hope it brings NpO to the party.

those are the only two reasons this will get any bigger.
[/quote]

Hint: No one cares this much.

PS: Roll Polar

Put your money where your mouth is. [i][b]I am getting pretty tired of this.[/b][/i]

[/quote]
Plan is to tire you and then roll you. Also need moar Grub for added effects.

Put your money where your mouth is. I am getting pretty tired of this.
Put up or shut up.
[/quote]

Patience, child. You'll meet your maker when we see fit for it to happen.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1319351467' post='2830819']
Plan is to tire you and then roll you. Also need moar Grub for added effects.
[/quote]

You have invoked the 'Fresh Goat for He Who lives Under the Bridge', how can I assist you?

I think at this stage we can guess that you are too spineless to mount any kind of offensive without someone else doing some work for you. Nothing has really been any different, your alliance is a follower and always will be. Not unlike TOP you have found a way to rollover on a regular basis.

We are tired of your constant stream of empty threats, macho overtone and retarded assertions. If you really wanted a piece you would have done so, you outnumber us 10 to 1 easily. Scared much?

@ Crymson, every time you threaten us and don't kick our door in, you demonstrate what a complete farce you are... toothless TOP. No one is surprised, you have never done anything on your own initiative ever, your style has always been the knife in the back... snakes in the grass I believe a learned man once commented.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1319367151' post='2830855']
You have invoked the 'Fresh Goat for He Who lives Under the Bridge', how can I assist you?

I think at this stage we can guess that you are too spineless to mount any kind of offensive without someone else doing some work for you. Nothing has really been any different, your alliance is a follower and always will be. Not unlike TOP you have found a way to rollover on a regular basis.

We are tired of your constant stream of empty threats, macho overtone and retarded assertions. If you really wanted a piece you would have done so, you outnumber us 10 to 1 easily. Scared much?

@ Crymson, every time you threaten us and don't kick our door in, you demonstrate what a complete farce you are... toothless TOP. No one is surprised, you have never done anything on your own initiative ever, your style has always been the knife in the back... snakes in the grass I believe a learned man once commented.
[/quote]

Honestly, the back and forth between both alliances makes me just want to let you two have your fun on your own more than anything else.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1319367151' post='2830855']

[/quote]
I do appreciate the history behind it, but seriously. The notion that you could have grounds for even an apropos remark on someone being a 'snake in the grass' is !@#$@#$ ludicrous.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1319367151' post='2830855']If you really wanted a piece you would have done so, you outnumber us 10 to 1 easily.[/quote]
What's the fun in a curbstomp like that? :(

Having you guys looking over your shoulder, constantly paranoid about people out to get you whenever there's a conflict in your vicinity, your allies having to realize you're nothing more than a liability kept for sake of all but forgotten "good ol' times" - now that's entertainment! :popcorn:

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1319375776' post='2830886']

Having you guys looking over your shoulder, constantly paranoid about people out to get you whenever there's a conflict in your vicinity, your allies having to realize you're nothing more than a liability kept for sake of all but forgotten "good ol' times" - now that's entertainment! :popcorn:
[/quote]
You really seem to be confused myself and my Polar brethren don't ever look over our shoulder we look straight ahead at all times and paranoid about what you hahaha that's funny
If you or anyone else wants us you know were we are we don't hide we don't run to the strongest block for help were right here...

Someone suggested a 1-1 war in this thread I welcome it see who really has the balls to beat Polaris in a fair fight

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1319375776' post='2830886']

[/quote]

That statement creeps me out....but not in a good way like the human centipede :(

[quote name='greco' timestamp='1319386655' post='2830927']
You really seem to be confused myself and my Polar brethren don't ever look over our shoulder we look straight ahead at all times and paranoid about what you hahaha that's funny
If you or anyone else wants us you know were we are we don't hide we don't run to the strongest block for help were right here... [/quote]

Complete lack of commas in your post somewhat undermines the point you were trying to make (unless it was sarcastic self depreciative comment, in which case my hat goes off to you). When I read it, it sounds as a quick paced taunt made on one breath :)
What I was referencing there, was constant stream of "admit it, it's a ploy to roll us!" comments from Polar members every thread that involves your allies.

[quote='berbers']That statement creeps me out....but not in a good way like the human centipede [/quote]
Well it's not a preconceived plan*, just an added benefit of recent popcorn-wars. I hope this makes it less creepy. ^_^

[size="1"]*if it was, I daresay an IA staff member, too lowly to be even listed on wikia page, would not be privy to knowing about it.[/size]