Citizens United

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319410935' post='2831158']
Did GOONS not make enough money off their allies in the DH/NPO war? Do you need them to win you more money?
[/quote]

Sure we received money from our allies. But if I recall correctly, we received nice dividends from our investment in the destruction of your nations as well. I daresay that was more than enough, but the truth is we will always want more. You just happen to be one of those people who will give it to us without much of a fight.

Edited by Emperor Marx

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1319671104' post='2832680']
Further, the distortion of facts as presented by Chairman Hal is disturbing. I know this planet is largely populated by complete morons, but the oversimplifications as presented actually distort the truth to the point of it being unrecognizable. If you need a complete break down of the timeline, events and conversations I am sure there are far more reliable sources than CH.[/quote]

I wasn't attempting to present a day-by-day, hour-by-hour account of events, merely a summation. I was however speaking the truth. Indeed, I have no motivation to spin regarding the nature of TOP's foreign relations, which have never been a model of perfection and they themselves would admit that.

You however have every motivation to propagandize against TOP and try to spin history. My suggestion...less concentration on TOP, more on the more obvious threats.

Lets forget this whole TOP/Polaris trash talking... [s]lord[/s] admin knows we have way too many threads with this same exact conversation already.

I'd just like to reiterate my thanks to Polaris for helping. We hope to return the favor one day, if not financially then militarily. :wub:

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1319674411' post='2832717']
Sure we received money from our allies. But if I recall correctly, we received nice dividends from our investment in the destruction of your nations as well. I daresay that was more than enough, but the truth is we will always want more. You just happen to be one of those people who will give it to us without much of a fight.
[/quote]

I understand that Umbrella aided you 1 billion during the war, but I was not referring to that. That is expected, and good coordination considering that the "enemy" was outnumbering you guys in the lowest tier and the money aid really helped. I moreso meant the post you quoted to mean that you received reps despite "losing" (NS/stat wise) due to your allies.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319688887' post='2832851']
I understand that Umbrella aided you 1 billion during the war, but I was not referring to that. That is expected, and good coordination considering that the "enemy" was outnumbering you guys in the lowest tier and the money aid really helped. I moreso meant the post you quoted to mean that you received reps despite "losing" (NS/stat wise) due to your allies.[/quote]

They recieved a whole lot more than that from their allies for the duration of that war, it kept both sides lower teir to continue fighting indefinitely.

I do wonder how long this conflict is going to go on for considering both sides are being aided :huh:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1319651274' post='2832540']
If you knew the details of the Bipolar War, you would realize that Grub has no business calling TOP out on backstabbing. Indeed, he not only has no business going 'there', he has no business being in the same state/province as 'there'. Beyond that, TOP [i]led the charge against C&G[/i] with IRON riding along side. NpO was also supposed to be in the initial wave, but instead eventually joined the other side. So much for TOP always following, never leading.
[/quote]

This is not entirely correct. It was a joint TOP/DR operation. And Polar wasn't meant to be in the initial wave; they were already engaged elsewhere, but declared peace to leave us out in the cold and then attacked us. In any event, you know the rest. And yeah, I agree that Grub calling us wusses and accusing us of being untrustworthy is enormously rich, though I've learned that it's best to just leave him to his fantasy world rather than engaging him.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1319671104' post='2832680']
Further, the distortion of facts as presented by Chairman Hal is disturbing. I know this planet is largely populated by complete morons, but the oversimplifications as presented actually distort the truth to the point of it being unrecognizable. If you need a complete break down of the timeline, events and conversations I am sure there are far more reliable sources than CH.[/quote]

I am sure there are. Is there a post you could link?

I know I wasnt in the backrooms and dont know all the details of what went down. From what I gather, however, TOP came to you with a plan that called for you to stick a dagger in your own allies backs, and you appeared to go along with it at first but managed to put that dagger in their backs instead. I never quite understood how that was supposed to make you look [b]bad[/b] though. I guess I just dont get it.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1319750085' post='2833169']
This is not entirely correct. It was a joint TOP/DR operation. [/quote]

I remember...I was on stand by to attack the night you and IRON went in.

[quote]And Polar wasn't meant to be in the initial wave; they were already engaged elsewhere, but declared peace to leave us out in the cold and then attacked us.[/quote]

Oh I know, but they had an invitation to the party, they confirmed it, and then...no follow through. They left you and IRON hanging in the breeze (kinda like that scene in "Braveheart" at the Battle of Falkirk where the Scottish cavalry allowed William Wallace and his men to engage the English infantry, and when the cavalry was supposed to close, they rode off instead). Worse, they jumped in on the other side. Backing out in a manner that would have allowed you and IRON to cancel the whole operation would have been a bit crappy, but forgiveable. Backing out at the last minute and going neutral would have been worse. What they did went well beyond that.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1319735013' post='2833045']
When NSO disbands and is merged with Legion RV will be joining GOONS in order to assist in the rolling of Polar.
[/quote]

Why in the hell would we [b]want[/b] NSO to join us????

Edited by Flonker

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1319756013' post='2833231']
Oh I know, but they had an invitation to the party, they confirmed it, and then...no follow through. They left you and IRON hanging in the breeze (kinda like that scene in "Braveheart" at the Battle of Falkirk where the Scottish cavalry allowed William Wallace and his men to engage the English infantry, and when the cavalry was supposed to close, they rode off instead). Worse, they jumped in on the other side. Backing out in a manner that would have allowed you and IRON to cancel the whole operation would have been a bit crappy, but forgiveable. Backing out at the last minute and going neutral would have been worse. What they did went well beyond that.
[/quote]

Leaving us in the cold had been Polar's for days before we went in. Grub and pezstar had leaked our attack plans to CnG almost immediately after they were finalized.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1319759463' post='2833255']
Why in the hell would we [b]want[/b] NSO to join us????
[/quote]

Punishment for being in next-to-last place in the world of alliances.

You are still garbage, just not the biggest piece.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1319772838' post='2833369']
Leaving us in the cold had been Polar's [i][b]$word[/b][/i]* for days before we went in. Grub and pezstar had leaked our attack plans to CnG almost immediately after they were finalized.
[/quote]

There's a word missing. Plan?

[font="Century Gothic"][size="1"]*representative word-sized variable inserted where I presume the missing word went not part of the original quote. Terms and conditions may apply. Void where prohibited by law. Pro forma, pro bono, pro populi. [/size][/font]

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1319688174' post='2832841']
I wasn't attempting to present a day-by-day, hour-by-hour account of events, merely a summation. I was however speaking the truth. Indeed, I have no motivation to spin regarding the nature of TOP's foreign relations, which have never been a model of perfection and they themselves would admit that.

You however have every motivation to propagandize against TOP and try to spin history. My suggestion...less concentration on TOP, more on the more obvious threats.
[/quote]

Grub's retired. It's his job to relive the past and hate TOP. The rest of us are more inclined to focus on the immediate threats to our alliance, like North Dakota or people without mustaches.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1319815518' post='2833622']
Grub's retired. It's his job to relive the past and hate TOP. The rest of us are more inclined to focus on the immediate threats to our alliance, like North Dakota or people without mustaches.
[/quote]

Regardless, without Grub's posts NpO would be viewed in a much better light than currently.

Sounds like what RoK trolls do to every ARES thread,

[quote]You guys should train terrorists, you're awesome at hijacking. [/quote]

Btw, its a Polaris topic, TOP hating polaris has to DO with Polaris, and the war could have turned into summin bigger, and if it did then I'm sure aforementioned would be attacking polar, so, its a little relevant.

[quote name='Jtkode' timestamp='1319839593' post='2834032']
Sounds like what RoK trolls do to every ARES thread,

Btw, its a Polaris topic, TOP hating polaris has to DO with Polaris, and the war could have turned into summin bigger, and if it did then I'm sure aforementioned would be attacking polar, so, its a little relevant.
[/quote]

Why do you try using big words that aren't typical of your vocabulary like "aforementioned" when it is preceded by "summin bigger" in lieu of "something bigger" and "btw"?