Citizens United

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1319008063' post='2828535']
This is quite possibly the worst response anybody could have ever made to the post you quoted.
[/quote]

It's actually a very good response, but considering how much effort you put into deteriorating Tetris-VE relations up until the downgrade I can see why you would try to save some face.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1319023306' post='2828588']
It's actually a very good response, but considering how much effort you put into deteriorating Tetris-VE relations up until the downgrade I can see why you would try to save some face.
[/quote]

You do realize that when somebody is accusing you of throwing us under the bus, the correct option is not to then throw us under the bus in your responses. That's actually giving them ammo when they're wrong in the first place. Anyone privy to the conversations between our alliance governments know that throwing us under the bus couldn't be any farther from what VE did, and multiple persons have already illustrated that ITT. I mean seriously, I have respect for VE as an alliance and as our allies, and 99% of you have been excellent to work with before and during this incident, even if the majority of you thought I was/am literally retarded, and even if I'm not doing any interaction in an official role.

However, I'd be lying if I didn't let people like yourself know that you're doing the complete opposite of helping VE, Tetris, our relations, and yourselves. So then what, exactly, are you trying to prove, if not the people criticizing you absolutely right? That you're super moral and just can't stand to see me do such horrible things to the Legion? What is your beef, man? You wanted a podium so bad, and damn if I haven't given you a stage. Come at me, bro.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1319039673' post='2828649']
You do realize that when somebody is accusing you of throwing us under the bus, the correct option is not to then throw us under the bus in your responses. That's actually giving them ammo when they're wrong in the first place. Anyone privy to the conversations between our alliance governments know that throwing us under the bus couldn't be any farther from what VE did, and multiple persons have already illustrated that ITT. I mean seriously, I have respect for VE as an alliance and as our allies, and 99% of you have been excellent to work with before and during this incident, even if the majority of you thought I was/am literally retarded, and even if I'm not doing any interaction in an official role.

However, I'd be lying if I didn't let people like yourself know that you're doing the complete opposite of helping VE, Tetris, our relations, and yourselves. So then what, exactly, are you trying to prove, if not the people criticizing you absolutely right? That you're super moral and just can't stand to see me do such horrible things to the Legion? What is your beef, man? You wanted a podium so bad, and damn if I haven't given you a stage. Come at me, bro.
[/quote]

Both of you chill ffs.

At any rate, WC, what I think Hereno was trying to get at was that Legion wasn't the only (or probably not even the biggest) reason ya'll downgraded with us. While I think Hereno may have misinterpreted Cornball's post, it probably could have been a bit clearer, because it did kind of sound like you guys downgraded on us because Legion was going to attack. We all know this isn't the case and what I believe Cornelius meant was that the posting of screenshots was essentially the straw that broke the camel's back.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319044678' post='2828674']
[b]Both of you chill ffs.[/b]

At any rate, WC, what I think Hereno was trying to get at was that Legion wasn't the only (or probably not even the biggest) reason ya'll downgraded with us. While I think Hereno may have misinterpreted Cornball's post, it probably could have been a bit clearer, because it did kind of sound like you guys downgraded on us because Legion was going to attack. We all know this isn't the case and what I believe Cornelius meant was that the posting of screenshots was essentially the straw that broke the camel's back.
[/quote]

Listen to this man, particularly the bold part.

I'll admit I lol'd a bit especially considering I was fine with the explanation given the first time around. I didn't know the fine points. I was just saying from a viewpoint of the average peanut gallery member it looked as if VE had switched gears on what is basically the same issue. Of course, if VE wants to contend that the difference is accepting and doing nothing and accepting and saying hey look what I got...then hey fine with me. It's their choice...just seems a petty distinction to me (read as opinion). That's it. Move on.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319051859' post='2828740']
I'll admit I lol'd a bit especially considering I was fine with the explanation given the first time around. I didn't know the fine points. I was just saying from a viewpoint of the average peanut gallery member it looked as if VE had switched gears on what is basically the same issue. Of course, if VE wants to contend that the difference is accepting and doing nothing and accepting and saying hey look what I got...then hey fine with me. It's their choice...just seems a petty distinction to me (read as opinion). That's it. Move on.
[/quote]

You shouldn't consider yourself an average peanut gallery member, its an insult to the rest of us. 99% of the OWF can see that Tetris has been messing up for a while now, and considering VE was an MDoAP partner of them, its safe to conclude they were aware of everything Tetris has done. Therefore, 99% of us have concluded that the Legion incident was not the reason for cancellation, just the final straw.

Your back-peddling in the quoted post above just further confirms you are not smart enough to be considered part of the 99%.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319052218' post='2828743']
You shouldn't consider yourself an average peanut gallery member, its an insult to the rest of us. 99% of the OWF can see that Tetris has been messing up for a while now, and considering VE was an MDoAP partner of them, its safe to conclude they were aware of everything Tetris has done. Therefore, 99% of us have concluded that the Legion incident was not the reason for cancellation, just the final straw.

Your back-peddling in the quoted post above just further confirms you are not smart enough to be considered part of the 99%.
[/quote]

No, just that I am fine with the explanation given. never paid attention to Tetris before this so I didn't know of any "messing up" beforehand. As a matter of fact I still don't know but apparently it was there. I didn't know there were other circumstances around the downgrade. I had heard it was only because of this. I also had heard that the screenshots were posted elsewhere before they made it here. Having been corrected on those points I'm fine with what VE has done. I'm not so hardheaded that I won't allow myself to be corrected now and then.

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319052515' post='2828747']
No, just that I am fine with the explanation given. never paid attention to Tetris before this so I didn't know of any "messing up" beforehand. As a matter of fact I still don't know but apparently it was there. I didn't know there were other circumstances around the downgrade. I had heard it was only because of this. I also had heard that the screenshots were posted elsewhere before they made it here. Having been corrected on those points I'm fine with what VE has done. [b]I'm not so hardheaded that I won't allow myself to be corrected now and then.
[/b][/quote]

I dont believe you, magic...being corrected? And accepting it? Doesnt happen.

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1319052962' post='2828752']
I dont believe you, magic...being corrected? And accepting it? Doesnt happen.
[/quote]

Doesn't happen often but when it does I'm not so ridiculous to deny it. What I thought was funny was my posts being brought up after I had already said I had been corrected. My opinions shouldn't be that important.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319052218' post='2828743']

[/quote]

I AM THE 99%

/me occupies Legion

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1319052515' post='2828747']
No, just that I am fine with the explanation given. never paid attention to Tetris before this so I didn't know of any "messing up" beforehand. As a matter of fact I still don't know but apparently it was there. I didn't know there were other circumstances around the downgrade. I had heard it was only because of this. I also had heard that the screenshots were posted elsewhere before they made it here. Having been corrected on those points I'm fine with what VE has done. I'm not so hardheaded that I won't allow myself to be corrected now and then.
[/quote]

My point exactly, you don't read then you make ridiculous claims. It has clearly been stated that Tetris got it from Rayvon. It wasn't posted elsewhere AFAIK.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1319054552' post='2828767']
My point exactly, you don't read then you make ridiculous claims. It has clearly been stated that Tetris got it from Rayvon. It wasn't posted elsewhere AFAIK.
[/quote]

My claim wasn't all that ridiculous to begin with, a few pieces of the equation were wrong maybe and VE and I don't agree on the weight of some of the variables is all. So, not that ridiculous. Also, yes we've already established that a few days ago.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319044678' post='2828674']
Both of you chill ffs.

[/quote]
I'm sorry if that's the impression I gave. I was just responding to what I considered a slight for VE's reasons for war in Karma, a subject that I am sensitive to as I was Lord of VE at the time. I did not mean to throw Tetris under the bus, I just tried to clarify the difference between the situations. And for what it's worth, we did not believe Legion was going to go to war, we had no reason to. This time they chose to act, if a bit belatedly. We do honestly hope that Tetris makes a recovery after this war, as it seemed you guys were turning over a new leaf just as it happened.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1319053610' post='2828757']
heh, With the way ya'll fighting, you can barely manage to occupy Tetris, let alone Legion. :P
[/quote]

Says the one who bandwagoned on the Legion AA after two weeks of fighting. :rolleyes:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319078386' post='2828976']
Says the one who bandwagoned on the Legion AA after two weeks of fighting. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Heh. Guess sarcasm does not translate well with ya. Though the :P should have indicated I was joking with him. Particularly since Hereno and I have been getting along decently on IRC.

But, I do find your response to mine amusing because it indicates that a single 60k NS nation is capable of being a huge threat to Tetris after just 2 short weeks at war...

That really does not say much about your alliance at all. Glad to know that I am such a huge threat though.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1319086617' post='2829083']
Heh. Guess sarcasm does not translate well with ya. Though the :P should have indicated I was joking with him. Particularly since Hereno and I have been getting along decently on IRC.

But, I do find your response to mine amusing because it indicates that a single 60k NS nation is capable of being a huge threat to Tetris after just 2 short weeks at war...

That really does not say much about your alliance at all. Glad to know that I am such a huge threat though.
[/quote]

/me reads my post.

Nope, no mention of a threat, just pointing out that you joined in a war after it's been going on for two weeks. I could give two !@#$% what anyone has to say, a fresh nation jumping into a war after everyone they would be fighting has been duking it out for two weeks has a pretty good advantage, and is rather opportunistic. If you felt so inclined to join Legion and help them, why wait til now?

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319089933' post='2829119']
/me reads my post.

Nope, no mention of a threat, just pointing out that you joined in a war after it's been going on for two weeks. I could give two !@#$% what anyone has to say, a fresh nation jumping into a war after everyone they would be fighting has been duking it out for two weeks has a pretty good advantage, and is rather opportunistic. If you felt so inclined to join Legion and help them, why wait til now?
[/quote]

Why not? I could have sworn that RV stated ya'll were "martial" alliances. If that is true, 2 weeks at war is nothing. Guess that is the difference between you and me, should NSO or Tetris gain a nation in my range that hit me (in anarchy for now, so can't declare) I would love it. Not whine about it.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1319089933' post='2829119']
/me reads my post.

[/quote]

Because the point is to win.

Everyone involved in this war is awful.

Roll Polar.

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1318908090' post='2827562']Polaris still trying to be relevant? Guess the only time they care about Allies is when THEY need them.[/quote]

Yeah, you suck Polar! You could at least send Legion some aid or something! Too busy trying to be relevant you bunch of ninnies*!

* a spongeworthy turn of phrase

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1319098169' post='2829180']
Because the point is to win.

Everyone involved in this war is awful.

Roll Polar.
[/quote]
All I hear from the peanut gallery is "roll Polar".

Put your money where your mouth is. I am getting pretty tired of this.
Put up or shut up.

I guess your name pretty much covers your little band of useless alliances, mr. Wuss.

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1319107494' post='2829208']
All I hear from the peanut gallery is "roll Polar".

Put your money where your mouth is. I am getting pretty tired of this.
Put up or shut up.

I guess your name pretty much covers your little band of useless alliances, mr. Wuss.
[/quote]
You have literally one good ally. I may not like all of GOONS allies (hi VE), but they're all fairly solid as alliances.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1319125713' post='2829281']
You have literally one good ally. I may not like all of GOONS allies (hi VE), but they're all fairly solid as alliances.
[/quote]

Literally.

[u]Literally[/u]

[u][b]Literally[/b][/u]

[size="6"][b][u]Literally[/u][/b][/size]

I guess that's better than your zero good allies.

BTW I am wondering what will happen, your allies getting involved to bail you out or you surrendering?