Citizens United

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1318872645' post='2827235']
Well, that's pretty much who you are/what you do, right? I thought you Sith fellows embraced the Dark Side and whatnot.
[/quote]
The Dark Side shall illuminate the true path of virtue and righteousness, and in the end vindicate us all as the moral stalwarts and heroes that we have always been.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318900382' post='2827473']
The Dark Side shall illuminate the true path of virtue and righteousness, and in the end vindicate us all as the moral stalwarts and heroes that we have always been.
[/quote]

...he says to the mirror.

If you're trying some self help, instead of the same old Siththy lines, try saying this to your mirror instead:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." - Stuart Smalley

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1318914033' post='2827670']
...he says to the mirror.

If you're trying some self help, instead of the same old Siththy lines, try saying this to your mirror instead:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." - Stuart Smalley
[/quote]
You're trying way too hard.

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1318908090' post='2827562']
Polaris still trying to be relevant? Guess the only time they care about Allies is when THEY need them.
[/quote]

We are totally irrelevant and we don't care for our allies, may be that's why the thread announcing that we will help one of our allies as they requested has 32 pages and 22k views. :rolleyes:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1318918808' post='2827760']
We are totally irrelevant and we don't care for our allies, may be that's why the thread announcing that we will help one of our allies as they requested has 32 pages and 22k views. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

You're spoiling it for them

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1318918808' post='2827760']
[/quote]

So Legion activated your oA?

Sweet, time to roll Polar again.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1318930451' post='2827844']
So Legion activated your oA?

Sweet, time to roll Polar again.
[/quote]

Oh dear... I would explain but ... :effort:

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1318933684' post='2827855']
Oh dear... I would explain but ... :effort:[/quote]

Hehe, yeah - well over 100 pages read for all those threads, and then I see posts of people like mrwuss, and magicninja and say to myself "why on earth did I just read all this? I could be posting this whole time!" :)

Checking last post in thread once a day =/= knowing the situation. Though sometimes just reading the OP would help.

[size="1"](Don't mind my rant, I was just kinda frustrated about those threads being at least two times bigger than they ought to be, because of uninformed people bringing up subjects that were already talked about. And now I did it myself. Vicious cycle.)[/size]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1318933684' post='2827855']
Oh dear... I would explain but ... :effort:
[/quote]

It's a question and being that means it does not require explanation. Rather it requires an answer.

That answer is "yes" because Legion were the aggressors, in order to assist them it must be done as an aggressive action.

Therefore the answer to my question is....

YES!!!! TIME TO ROLL POLAR AGAIN.

Edited by mrwuss

[quote name='Minilla Island' timestamp='1318908090' post='2827562']
Polaris still trying to be relevant? Guess the only time they care about Allies is when THEY need them.
[/quote]
If only you were capable of understanding how much Polaris suffered to support your former alliance. We gave up so much to try and protect UINE while its leadership seemed determined to bring about disaster (which of course includes you). Of all people you have amongst the least right to criticize how we handle our allies, for if your allegations were actually true UINE would have been abandoned by Polaris and crushed years ago, not peacefully merged into TIO after years of relative peace.

So you either don't know what you are talking about or are trying too hard.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1318950337' post='2827925']
If only you were capable of understanding how much Polaris suffered to support your former alliance. We gave up so much to try and protect UINE while its leadership seemed determined to bring about disaster (which of course includes you). Of all people you have amongst the least right to criticize how we handle our allies, for if your allegations were actually true UINE would have been abandoned by Polaris and crushed years ago, not peacefully merged into TIO after years of relative peace.

[/quote]

This is actually true.

[/quote]

Easy solution: don't give protection to the myriad of useless alliances created these days.

[quote name='Beau Vine' timestamp='1318935593' post='2827861']
Hehe, yeah - well over 100 pages read for all those threads, and then I see posts of people like mrwuss, and magicninja and say to myself "why on earth did I just read all this? I could be posting this whole time!" :)

Checking last post in thread once a day =/= knowing the situation. Though sometimes just reading the OP would help.

[size="1"](Don't mind my rant, I was just kinda frustrated about those threads being at least two times bigger than they ought to be, because of uninformed people bringing up subjects that were already talked about. And now I did it myself. Vicious cycle.)[/size]
[/quote]

That's why mrwuss is one of the people who are in my ignore list.

[/quote]
You know it was funny, I was expecting the nobody criticism, but this is so much more juicy.

It's also the only interesting thing that's happened in the last ~10 pages of this thread. How 'bout we let this one die instead of talking past each other in circles (yes...that makes sense).

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1318960609' post='2828000']
Note: Polaris holds exactly zero protectorates at this time.
[/quote]

While I do think it's Polaris' own fault for picking some of their less than competent allies/protectorates, I didn't mean this a dig at NpO. More of a general statement that I bounced off your last remark.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1318961564' post='2828012']
While I do think it's Polaris' own fault for picking some of their less than competent allies/protectorates, I didn't mean this a dig at NpO. More of a general statement that I bounced off your last remark.
[/quote]
I understand and largely agree. I personally am very picky on who I sign with and I think every alliance should do the same.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318743152' post='2826106']
Eh, my whole view on VE is they threw Tetris under the bus for the same thing they raged against NPO for during Karma. Seems they knew Tetris weren't the ones spying to begin with. I'm sure they will throw semantics around to defend themselves but it all seems very hypocritical to me. Then again no one has really accused VE of being the most consistent alliance out there.
[/quote]
Excuse me? VE's stance in Karma was that OV had a screenshot waved in their face, and chose not to do anything about it, thus they did no wrong. Tetris in this case did the exact opposite, they took that screenshot (actually plural) and waved it in front of everybody's faces, including Legion. They brought this fight on themselves, which was the catalyst for the downgrade of our treaty (again, to optional, and since this incident brought about the downgrade in the first place we weren't about to defend them for it) before the outbreak of the war. Had the war occurred before the downgrade, we might be seeing a different situation entirely here, but that didn't happen.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1318743152' post='2826106']
Eh, my whole view on VE is they threw Tetris under the bus for the same thing they raged against NPO for during Karma. Seems they knew Tetris weren't the ones spying to begin with.[/quote]

Oh magic, you're a magnificent derp if there ever was one. Let me explain it in a way you can understand: not only will VE and Tetris governments both tell you very clearly that the downgrade occurred well before this, they will additionally tell you that it wasn't strictly for Tetris conducting spying. See what I said there? Because that's what they did.

Varianz may be the one who had the spies, but all the same, Pollard as an acting government official of Tetris posting spied material from a sovereign alliance's forum in Alliance Politics. He officially called them out with the support of his government.

Now compare that to what VE 'raged' against NPO for attacking OV for: NPO having logs of one triumvir being linked screenshots. Off game, and without the knowledge of his comrades. Had OV then known he had the screenshots, and had he proceeded to post them and go "NPO sucks OV rulz" then your analogy of the two situations would be damn near spot on. Instead, you're deciding to rewrite history - not out of malice, I suppose, but your own sheer ignorance of it. What grounds do [i]you[/i] have to crap on VE for their standards? When have you demonstrated any of your own? Nothing you have ever said hasn't been contradicted at some point. You are a failed propagandist, at best. Your analogy's have no water and are a poor attempt at misinterpreting history to suit a shallow political bottom line. And you do it all the time, even when it's repeatedly pointed out.

I can't be bothered to check if you've ever crapped on D43th for being a retarded poster, but if you did: oh the irony. You're one of the worst by a lot.

[quote]I'm sure they will throw semantics around to defend themselves but it all seems very hypocritical to me. [b]Then again no one has really accused VE of being the most consistent alliance out there.[/b][/quote]

[img]http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/imeter11.gif[/img]

This is just adorable. Who's an adorable failed spin doctor !@#$poster? You're an adorable failed spin doctor !@#$poster! Yes you are! Oh yes you are! Sit for a biscuit?

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1319004826' post='2828505']
Excuse me? VE's stance in Karma was that OV had a screenshot waved in their face, and chose not to do anything about it, thus they did no wrong. Tetris in this case did the exact opposite, they took that screenshot (actually plural) and waved it in front of everybody's faces, including Legion. They brought this fight on themselves, which was the catalyst for the downgrade of our treaty (again, to optional, and since this incident brought about the downgrade in the first place we weren't about to defend them for it) before the outbreak of the war. Had the war occurred before the downgrade, we might be seeing a different situation entirely here, but that didn't happen.
[/quote]

This is quite possibly the worst response anybody could have ever made to the post you quoted.