Citizens United

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1318670619' post='2825543']
It kind of fits Legion's actions- wait until the VE downgrade on Tetris takes effect before declaring, find out that someone in NSO was the source of the screenshots, ignore it because attacking NSO directly is unfeasible, hit Tetris instead. And everyone thought Legion were changing for the better :rolleyes: .
[/quote]

Seems like an intelligent way to go about things. How would you have gone about it differently?

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell it took long enough for that to come out. Speaking as "the supplier" of aforementioned screenshots, I have to say I'm surprised it took this long. Two different highly placed people on Legion's side of things shared those logs with me the day we entered the war. Actually, now I'm not surprised. It kind of fits Legion's actions- wait until the VE downgrade on Tetris takes effect before declaring, find out that someone in NSO was the source of the screenshots, ignore it because attacking NSO directly is unfeasible, hit Tetris instead. And everyone thought Legion were changing for the better :rolleyes: .

[/quote]
What was that old saying again?
"You know as well as me that everyone accepts screenshots", or something like that?
I think that once started a war, greater than this one.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1318660033' post='2825506']
What matters is Legion stepped up and attacked them (go $%&@ your 'spying-is-an-act-of-war' !@#$%^&* with a rusty fork; simply existing could be enough to be considered an act-of-war should one so feel it
[/quote]

Tell us how you really feel.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318658773' post='2825497']
[color="#0000FF"]NSO is allied to neither IAA and BTA. Both of those alliances are perfoming terribly in this war, objectively. NsO and Tetris, only one of which is allied to NSO, I have nothing but praise for. Both are pulling their weight (arguably more) and actually fighting. I will never criticize an alliance for fighting, even if it does not meet my high standards. But rushing into a war, with the bravado that IAA and BTA did, and then putting out ten wars.... No. I refuse to give credit when none is deserved.[/color]
[/quote]
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318635691' post='2825254']
[color="#0000FF"]Tetris is a tough little alliance, however, NSO is the alliance doing the majority of the fighting. If Legion ever decides to end this it will be due to NSO. Likewise, Tetris's ability to keep this up depends just as much on NSO. NSO is the only alliance relevant to this war.[/color]
[/quote]

Again, prepositioning NSO to grab the credit in case of a win, and dump the blame when they lose.

And there's a serious misstatement in the second quote. There is at [b]least[/b] one other 'relevant alliance' in this war. Hi. We're The Legion. We're the guys ruining your propaganda.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318678591' post='2825577']

Again, prepositioning NSO to grab the credit in case of a win, and dump the blame when they lose.

And there's a serious misstatement in the second quote. There is at [b]least[/b] one other 'relevant alliance' in this war. Hi. We're The Legion. We're the guys ruining your propaganda.
[/quote]

Your incessant nonsense is ruining your own alliance.

As for the other nonsense about who sent aid first. Aiding an alliance at war or a rogue has always been considered a justified reason to declare war. Pointing the finger at NSO and the rest of our coalition screaming "you did it first" is a pretty piss poor way of trying to cover up the lack of testicular fortitude to be found amongst the allies of the Legion.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318678700' post='2825578']
Your incessant nonsense is ruining your own alliance.

As for the other nonsense about who sent aid first. Aiding an alliance at war or a rogue has always been considered a justified reason to declare war. Pointing the finger at NSO and the rest of our coalition screaming "you did it first" is a pretty piss poor way of trying to cover up the lack of testicular fortitude to be found amongst the allies of the Legion.
[/quote]

Blah blah blah blah blah LEEGUN IS LOSING NSO WILL WIN THIS BY ITSELF blah blah blah blah blah.

Seriously, you guys need better spin doctors.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1318663629' post='2825523']
Shark week was back in the day when NPO and co. had a pretty solid lock on the world. GOONS proclaimed anyone that did or said something stupid on the OWF would have their nation attacked...and carried it out. I was pissed at the fact they did it at the time, but now I miss it.
[/quote]

Heh, thanks! That was before my time.

And... to think I thought they were just big-fans of Discovery Channel! :P

Holy hell it took long enough for that to come out. Speaking as "the supplier" of aforementioned screenshots, I have to say I'm surprised it took this long. Two different highly placed people on Legion's side of things shared those logs with me the day we entered the war. Actually, now I'm not surprised. It kind of fits Legion's actions- wait until the VE downgrade on Tetris takes effect before declaring, find out that someone in NSO was the source of the screenshots, ignore it because attacking NSO directly is unfeasible, hit Tetris instead. And everyone thought Legion were changing for the better :rolleyes: .[/quote]

Read as: "I $%&@ed up, but I'll still find some way to blame Legion."

[quote]Anyways, the rest of NSO gov weren't aware of the fact I was the source of the info until about 10 minutes ago when I told Rayvon.[/quote]

So your alliance is at war basically because of you and you just decided to inform them now? Good comms you got going over there.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1318681570' post='2825593']
Read as: "I $%&@ed up, but I'll still find some way to blame Legion."

So your alliance is at war basically because of you and you just decided to inform them now? Good comms you got going over there.
[/quote]

Spin, my dear boy, spin. When you bite the cosmic twinkie, you gotta be able to pass the blame onto [b]somebody[/b].

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318678591' post='2825577']
[/quote]

I would, but censorship yadda yadda ... I r repressed.

[quote]

[/quote]

Please please please. Can we not repeat yesterday? If I wanna read your same !@#$ over and over, I'll back tab in the thread and read it again. You really don't need to type it again.

Positioning be arsed.

[spoiler]Legion
Wars: 215
Members: 238
Wars per Member: 0.91
Nations in Peace Mode: 59
Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 1,881,888
Percent of Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 38.4%

Tetris
Wars: 34
Members: 35
Wars per Member: 0.97
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 15.8%
Total Nation Strength: 585,581
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 10.8%
Nations in Peace Mode: 9

NSO
Wars: 146
Members: 125
Wars per Member: 1.17
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 67.9%
Total Nation Strength: 2,251,577
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 41.6%
Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 350,884
Percent of Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 15.6%

NsO
Wars: 21
Members: 32
Wars per Member: 0.66
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 9.76%
Total Nation Strength: 418,237
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 7.73%
Nations in Peace Mode: 5

IAA
Wars: 10
Members: 48
Wars per Member: 0.21
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 4.65%
Total Nation Strength: 1,630,510
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 30.2%
Nations in Peace Mode: 14

BTA
Wars: 7
Members: 18
Wars per Member: 0.39
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 3.25%
Total Nation Strength: 519,012
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 9.6%
Nations in Peace Mode: 3[/spoiler]

These stats are about ~30 hrs old - but that would make them fresh for when that little hamster in your head got it's wheel stuck.

The number that paints a truer picture of war activity is the wars per member. Pick any two from our side, they don't add up to us. They aren't they type of alliance we are, I wouldn't expect the activity and performance we have from them. It's not a slight, it's a fact. We peak at war time while others get weary. I think our 3 hr buildup a couple months ago, and 5 hr buildup last week speak volumes on that.

While Mr Virginia speaks his opinion, and he's more than welcome to have his own. He's a big boy, he's earned it. The alliances opinion does have it's own variations. IAA and BTA, yes, have under performed in this war. But 'useless' isn't exactly what we'd say. The couple wars they've had, they did deflect some attention and did their job. IAA is in a rough spot internally and it was a bad time for them to decide to make a move. Glad they came, but understand why they fell short. Every cog has it's purpose.

Rayvon,

No point in trying to pass some commonsense and logic to the other side. They will look at it, discard it and then continue to dribble nonsense in a futile attempt to do whatever it is that they think they are doing. It certainly isn't winning so personally couldn't care less. Though it is amusing.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318683455' post='2825599']
No point in trying to pass some commonsense and logic to the other side. They will look at it, discard it and then continue to dribble nonsense in a futile attempt to do whatever it is that they think they are doing. [b]It certainly isn't winning so personally couldn't care less. Though it is amusing.[/b][/quote]

I have never seen such inane dribble from both sides of a conflict about whose winning a war since I was born. Legion you're winning; Tetris and Co you're winning. You're both winning. Till it either turns into a curbstomp or the damage done to either side massively exceeds damage done to the other, then you can go around saying you're [b]definitely[/b] winning.

Edited by the rebel

Holy hell it took long enough for that to come out. Speaking as "the supplier" of aforementioned screenshots, I have to say I'm surprised it took this long. Two different highly placed people on Legion's side of things shared those logs with me the day we entered the war. Actually, now I'm not surprised. It kind of fits Legion's actions- wait until the VE downgrade on Tetris takes effect before declaring, find out that someone in NSO was the source of the screenshots, ignore it because attacking NSO directly is unfeasible, hit Tetris instead. And everyone thought Legion were changing for the better :rolleyes: .

Anyways, the rest of NSO gov weren't aware of the fact I was the source of the info until about 10 minutes ago when I told Rayvon. I shared the information with various people, including some in Tetris. Will I reveal how I got the screenshots? Nah. I'll leave Legion wondering if they still have a spy (although I'd point out that they had another forum screenshot leak a few months ago on CNtel). I'm sure they'll go through and demask half the small new nations in their alliance, which will be entertaining. Speaking of demasking, I wonder how long mine lasts on the NSO forums...

Why did I do it? Mostly because I hate Legion with a passion. We've already kind of covered that in the various rants NSOers have had about Legions actions in the DH-NPO war. Or rather, lack therof.

Cue the entertaining commentary from the peanut gallery!
[/quote]

Varianz, every lie you tell makes you weaker. It seems you and TehChron have been spending too much time together, if you're trying to obfuscate your wrongs with more lies. The smoke you blow is transparent. But. There is [i]some[/i] truth in what you wrote, but why don't you just go ahead and tell the whole thing?

Rayvon,

No point in trying to pass some commonsense and logic to the other side. They will look at it, discard it and then continue to dribble nonsense in a futile attempt to do whatever it is that they think they are doing. It certainly isn't winning so personally couldn't care less. Though it is amusing.
[/quote]

How droll.

You're so ironic, little monkey.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1318683023' post='2825597']

[spoiler]Legion
Wars: 215
Members: 238
Wars per Member: 0.91
Nations in Peace Mode: 59
Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 1,881,888
Percent of Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 38.4%

Tetris
Wars: 34
Members: 35
Wars per Member: 0.97
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 15.8%
Total Nation Strength: 585,581
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 10.8%

NSO
Wars: 146
Members: 125
Wars per Member: 1.17
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 67.9%
Total Nation Strength: 2,251,577
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 41.6%
Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 350,884
Percent of Nation Strength in Peace Mode: 15.6%

NsO
Wars: 21
Members: 32
Wars per Member: 0.66
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 9.76%
Total Nation Strength: 418,237
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 7.73%
Nations in Peace Mode: 5

IAA
Wars: 10
Members: 48
Wars per Member: 0.21
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 4.65%
Total Nation Strength: 1,630,510
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 30.2%
Nations in Peace Mode: 14

BTA
Wars: 7
Members: 18
Wars per Member: 0.39
Percent of Coalition wars with Legion: 3.25%
Total Nation Strength: 519,012
Percent of Coalition Nation Strength: 9.6%
Nations in Peace Mode: 3[/spoiler]

These stats are about ~30 hrs old - but that would make them fresh for when that little hamster in your head got it's wheel stuck.

The number that paints a truer picture of war activity is the wars per member. Pick any two from our side, they don't add up to us. They aren't they type of alliance we are, I wouldn't expect the activity and performance we have from them. It's not a slight, it's a fact. We peak at war time while others get weary. I think our 3 hr buildup a couple months ago, and 5 hr buildup last week speak volumes on that.

While Mr Virginia speaks his opinion, and he's more than welcome to have his own. He's a big boy, he's earned it. The alliances opinion does have it's own variations. IAA and BTA, yes, have under performed in this war. But 'useless' isn't exactly what we'd say. The couple wars they've had, they did deflect some attention and did their job. IAA is in a rough spot internally and it was a bad time for them to decide to make a move. Glad they came, but understand why they fell short. Every cog has it's purpose.
[/quote]
What do your spoiler stats indicate? Your coalition is letting Legion get to peace mode to regroup and get out of anarchy so they can come out and declare more wars?

War activity? Legion's most active members and any alliance's most active members will generally be their mid to upper tier (50k+ NS). Your coalition lacks these nations so Legion cannot really show any activity at that tier. The lower tier is generally less active. Your build up means nothing because NSO will always be involved in low tier meaningless wars. This war against Legion is primarily low tier and meaningless. Your coalition will probably get a draw out of this war only because at the top tier your coalition has nothing to scratch Legion with. The low tier meaningless war decided nothing in NPO/Co. v DH... it was only when upper tier NPO nations were forced out to end the war proving my point that upper tier decides wars.

Bubba is the defacto leader of NSO. Are you government? Whatever you are, you don't have the same impact when posting the way Bubba does; no NSO member does. Bubba is [i]the[/i] true Emperor of the Sith.

[/quote]

So you supplied screen shots to Tetris so you'd get caught doing it so Legion would declare on you? How stupid do you think we are Varianz? You brought Tetris into this, no one else. This entire mess is yours and it appears that NSO are going to pay for it. I'm sure Tetris are grateful for your generosity.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318640010' post='2825304']
Oh my friend I have not forgotten but, anyone who wants to come out and play big man on campus has to play with The Bad and you know I do not play nice. If it makes you feel any better I still like you even though I would enjoy burning GATO to the ground.
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha. I spent enough time in TPF to seriously doubt that you have the capabilities. At least when you used to talk a big game you had the guns to back you up.

Rayvon,

[/quote]

You try so hard Charles only to fail miserably. You really should just stop talking, its like watching a small dog yap at your ankles when it gets excited.

Meh. All the debate surrounding this war is more boring than actually fighting the war. Legion thinks they are fighting a grand crusade against something, we think they're dumb for declaring this war for a number of reasons. In the end, lasting perceptions will largely be favourable to whoever wins this war, so let's just wait and see who accepts defeat, eh?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1318699140' post='2825689']
Lasting perceptions of this will be that both sides lost.
[/quote]
WHAT A PITHY AND PROFOUND COMMENT THAT ALSO DENIGRATES YOUR ENEMIES, GR8 JOB BRO.

Except my post was basically saying that yes, we and Legion are a pair of retards trying to fight and rolling round in the mud, but in the end one of us will win and will come out looking more favourable than the other.

Anyways, the rest of NSO gov weren't aware of the fact I was the source of the info until about 10 minutes ago when I told Rayvon. I shared the information with various people, including some in Tetris. Will I reveal how I got the screenshots? Nah. I'll leave Legion wondering if they still have a spy (although I'd point out that they had another forum screenshot leak a few months ago on CNtel). I'm sure they'll go through and demask half the small new nations in their alliance, which will be entertaining. Speaking of demasking, I wonder how long mine lasts on the NSO forums...

Why did I do it? Mostly because I hate Legion with a passion. We've already kind of covered that in the various rants NSOers have had about Legions actions in the DH-NPO war. Or rather, lack therof.

Cue the entertaining commentary from the peanut gallery!
[/quote]

Pearl: So NSO, I see you've finally hit rock bottom.
NSO: OOOOHHH NO, We can sink WAY lower.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1318668548' post='2825537']I'll let you in on a little secret. "Moralists" can't make you do something, nor can they prevent you doing something. Only you control what you do and when. Everyone else controls what they do in reaction to your actions. Although, I admit the threat of being labelled a "meanie head" pretty much keeps me in line.[/quote]

Tygaland :excl: Quiet. As a "moralist" myself, and through all the power that grants me (snort! - not), I hereby "order" you to stop giving away our secrets. ;)

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1318663629' post='2825523']
Shark week was back in the day when NPO and co. had a pretty solid lock on the world. GOONS proclaimed anyone that did or said something stupid on the OWF would have their nation attacked...and carried it out. I was pissed at the fact they did it at the time, but now I miss it.
[/quote]
For reals? Is that possible? Do they really have enough war slots?