UPN Statement

TECUMSEH

[quote name='Näktergal' timestamp='1317351703' post='2812334']
Lately it's been like Polaris is the pretty girl in school, and the rest of you are all the shy kid asking her friends if they think she likes you, and if they'd be willing to ask her out for you. Why not just go right up to her and ask her to dance? Make your move. Better do it before the hunky quarterback asks her out to prom, and you guys wind up having to go with your sister.
[/quote]
This metaphor is about as accurate as a drunk moose playing darts in a pitch black aquarium on Penny Pitcher Fridays at the bar on St. Patrick's Day.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317336957' post='2812185']
The war ending tonight or tomorrow through surrender will do less damage than this whole thing escalating.
[/quote]

Good point, that really is the only reason why this sort of thing is even viable. Alliances get bored with a limited war (and limited wars are easier to wind down) and move on sooner than they would in a fully escalated scenario. While I think eventually would be winners will adjust strategy to discourage this (maybe by demanding ridiculous reparations to force the allied hand, or just keeping an alliance at war longer) for now it seems to make more sense even for the alliance that caused the war to stop any escalation. It seems like the only real way you could trigger a big global war now is to hit someone big, or hit someone in such a deplorable way that it would be shameful for their allies to not mount a defense. Because there actually isn't really any strategic advantage to activating your treaties unless you can win.

Edited by iamthey

Considering we've basically entered a period of CN politics wherein diplomacy is a farce and most CBs are bad jokes at best, and it seems perfectly obvious that any number of people would like nothing more than to throw a few more punches at Polaris, I have no idea why people just don't check their shorts, find their stones, and just man-up, cut the crap, and just DoW without all the pretend and "clever" maneuvering.

Lately it's been like Polaris is the pretty girl in school, and the rest of you are all the shy kid asking her friends if they think she likes you, and if they'd be willing to ask her out for you. Why not just go right up to her and ask her to dance? Make your move. Better do it before the hunky quarterback asks her out to prom, and you guys wind up having to go with your sister.
[/quote]

yeah this is quite wrong. You need to go sit in a corner for being so wrong. This is D34th-quality wrong.

Considering we've basically entered a period of CN politics wherein diplomacy is a farce and most CBs are bad jokes at best, and it seems perfectly obvious that any number of people would like nothing more than to throw a few more punches at Polaris, I have no idea why people just don't check their shorts, find their stones, and just man-up, cut the crap, and just DoW without all the pretend and "clever" maneuvering.

[/quote]

False. Polaris is a 6 out of 10 AT BEST and not worthy of sleeping with me.

Oh my God...Not again. Not like this.

Is this how alliance treaty works these days?

Shame on you for not having the courage and confident to fight back.

Shame on your allies for not having the ball to defend you and for allowing you to face NG on your own.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1317320688' post='2811934']
I would suggest that anyone who isn't in Polaris gov has no idea what they are talking about regarding Polar's decisions in this. It is my goal to support our allies as much as possible and assist them in reaching the best possible outcome. It is not for me to dictate to an ally how to handle their own wars. UPN has decided to take this course, and I respect that as their right to do so. Polaris will continue to do all we can to assist the UPN as they ask.

If Polaris is to be criticized for respecting the wishes of our allies in their time of crisis instead of over-reaching and inserting our own agenda, well I think I can live with that.
[/quote]

@RandomInterrupt:
Someone told me that you hinted to UPN that you would rather not be dragged into this war.
So yes, I agree with you.
It is best that you do not tell them how to handle "[i]their own[/i]" wars, because they have already decided according to your wish.

Oh, !@#$@#$ baw, I wont get to beat on NpO again. :rolleyes:

Good move UPN, dragging your allies into this mess just for them to get beat down as well would only prolong the war and lets face it, you're not in a strong enough position politically to stand the slightest chance.

As much as this upsets so many among us who thirst for war, this is an honorable move by UPN. Next time, however, try to be more careful in resolving issues. Maintaining a healthy knowledge of the current political climate helps one to know what exactly they can get away with - sometimes it's a lot and sometimes it's nothing at all.

[quote name='Hawky' timestamp='1317372543' post='2812619']
:rolleyes:

i think the most fitting answer in the language of your sort is: "u mad?! :trollface:"
[/quote]
Yeah, it was an absolute shock that polar didn't fulfill it's obligations. A complete about-face from recent experiences in the last two years. <_<

I seem to remember a time when an alliance $%&@ed up, they took responsibility for that $%&@ up and got rolled/paid a ton of reps and the world was happy that they took responsibility for their actions without dragging in people who dont need to be dragged in.

Now when an alliance $%&@s up people dont just want that single alliance to take responsibility for their $%&@ up, they want every alliance who has a remote connection to them to also pay for a single $%&@ up.

Its no wonder there are no good wars anymore.

Good to see UPN take responsibility here for their actions without dragging in other people.

[quote name='Master-Debater' timestamp='1317382514' post='2812665']
I seem to remember a time when an alliance $%&@ed up, they took responsibility for that $%&@ up and got rolled/paid a ton of reps and the world was happy that they took responsibility for their actions without dragging in people who dont need to be dragged in.

Now when an alliance $%&@s up people dont just want that single alliance to take responsibility for their $%&@ up, they want every alliance who has a remote connection to them to also pay for a single $%&@ up.

Its no wonder there are no good wars anymore.

Good to see UPN take responsibility here for their actions without dragging in other people.
[/quote]
You seem to have forgotten... hey, the last time an NpO ally $%&@ed up!
Unfortunately people expect allies to be pointlessly dragged into each others $%&@ ups. Oh, odd, it sounds like what NpO typically does with UPN, UINE, STA and whatever other sad monkeys who are unfortunate enough to be aligned to them.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1317338277' post='2812199']
UPN->NpO->ARES->GOD->VE->NG

Clearly Non Grata will eventually be called upon to attack themselves.

Isn't the treaty web fun?
[/quote]

I've already got this plan arranged.

I'm going to be declaring on Jacapo and Kn1nja!

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317386169' post='2812685']
Hear that sound? Its the sound of everyone putting down their popcorn and going home with tears in their eyes...
[/quote]

I'm crying and I'm at war...

.... They're not attacking back!!! :gag:

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1317365043' post='2812541']
@RandomInterrupt:
Someone told me that you hinted to UPN that you would rather not be dragged into this war.
It is best that you do not tell them how to handle "[i]their own[/i]" wars, because they have already decided according to your wish.
[/quote]
You were lied to. Get better friends?

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1317365043' post='2812541']@RandomInterrupt:
[/quote]
No.

Signed,
Someone who was there.