UPN Statement

TECUMSEH

Really, everyone knows that anyone who wants to attack Polar from the group deriding them can simply do it at any time.

You just did it to NPO and it's allies last war.

There would be essentially no political fallout for doing it vs Polar.

You have the gun, it's loaded, the hammer is back, so don't blame UPN for not pulling the trigger for you too.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317429270' post='2813056']
The whole world knows WHY you did this, save your allies' ass. But, if you're going to do this..why bother signing a treaty?[/quote]

There have been a handful of alliances in the past who have done the same and they still all have treaties. I dont see why some people are moaning about what other alliances decide to agree on with their treaty partners and has nothing to do with you, me or anyone else who isnt a signatory.

[quote name='BKNorton3' timestamp='1317430428' post='2813069']
UPN decided between two outcomes... get rolled with allies or get rolled alone. Now there aren't a million alliances out there who wouldn't let the NG/UPN war end because they each want to roll Polar for a month.
[/quote]

Its headhunting, they want Polar to disband.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317430272' post='2813067']
There have been a handful of alliances in the past who have done the same and they still all have treaties. I dont see why some people are moaning about what other alliances decide to agree on with their treaty partners and has nothing to do with you, me or anyone else who isnt a signatory.
[/quote]

Because everyone's too scared to do it themselves.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1317430619' post='2813073']
I assure you, there is nobody scared of attacking Polar.
[/quote]

I didn't say anything about Polar.

[quote name='BKNorton3' timestamp='1317430428' post='2813069']
UPN decided between two outcomes... get rolled with allies or get rolled alone. Now there aren't a million alliances out there who wouldn't let the NG/UPN war end because they each want to roll Polar for a month.
[/quote]
Roll Polar for a month? Alliances can do that now without the NG/UPN war.

To those saying that Polar is not honoring the treaty...it's not an MADP or any sort of mandatory defense treaty. Unfortunately, UPN caused this war so Polar and UPN's other allies can stay out. Name one alliance that has never stayed out in similar situations.

@Methrage - your idea to blitz could have worked long ago when nukes and war chests were not the norm; today, a blitz means nothing especially when NG would pull the entire world to its side and roll Polar and its allies for a month.

1 down, 200+ more to go - http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=417589

If UPN organizes they could actually do solid damage to NG. Bringing in allies would just guarantee more firepower would be focused on UPN and its allies. UPN's 550+ nukes can do damage if they all fight. UPN still won't win but damage they can do.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1317430619' post='2813073']
I assure you, there is nobody scared of attacking Polar.
[/quote]
Then why not attack Polar? Dare I say you are all moralist and need a solidly fabricated CB before attacking?

Polar is in a weak position so of course no one is afraid of the battlefield war. You guys could ZI all of Polar if you wanted.

Yeah, yeah...You'll do it when you want...You won't do it because someone said...

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317430272' post='2813067']
[/quote]

NEW/DF war comes to mind, yet they were praised for honoring that NEW wanted them to stay out. You should know the [s]hypocrisy[/s] routine by now.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317432463' post='2813100']
If UPN organizes they could actually do solid damage to NG. Bringing in allies would just guarantee more firepower would be focused on UPN and its allies. UPN's 550+ nukes can do damage if they all fight. UPN still won't win but damage they can do.
[/quote]
I call crap on this :P

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1317433145' post='2813114']
NEW/DF war comes to mind, yet they were praised for honoring that NEW wanted them to stay out. You should know the [s]hypocrisy[/s] routine by now.
[/quote]

Praised by some, trolled by others depending on what side of the web people were on. Just like this case.

[quote name='GDI Crossfire' timestamp='1317437696' post='2813155']
o/ UPN, I wish all of your members the best of luck, NG just disband....
[/quote]
Sorry to break the news to you GDI, but you may be fighting for NG soon once enough of a getting to know each other period passes between Pacifica and Non Grata.

[quote name='Master-Debater' timestamp='1317382514' post='2812665']
I seem to remember a time when an alliance $%&@ed up, they took responsibility for that $%&@ up and got rolled/paid a ton of reps and the world was happy that they took responsibility for their actions without dragging in people who dont need to be dragged in.
[/quote]

My current nation was founded in early 2007, but I don't remember this mythical era at all. Is it also true that the streets were lined with gold, and unicorns pissed rainbows?

-Craig

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317439363' post='2813164']
Sorry to break the news to you GDI, but you may be fighting for NG soon once enough of a getting to know each other period passes between Pacifica and Non Grata.
[/quote]

In a sense yes, I will have to fight "for them". However, I will be defending Pacifica. If they want to defend NG that's their buisness, however my loyalties will lie with TPF and NPO, not NG.

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1317365043' post='2812541']
Oh my God...Not again. Not like this.

Is this how alliance treaty works these days? [/quote]

Yeah, the attacked Alliance can choose to ask its Allies not to get into the war.

Polaris was prepared for war untill the UPN asked us not to get into the war.
In the same way that we, Polaris, at least most of the members did it, had requested Random to get into this war and do exactly what the UPN did: asking our Allies not to get into this war. So I am hardly surprised that the UPN did exactly the same thing that we were going to do.

Shame on you for not having the courage and confident to fight back.
Shame on your allies for not having the ball to defend you and for allowing you to face NG on your own.
[/quote]

This is a stupid way of thinking. To be honest, even if Polaris and all the possible allies of Polaris and the UPN joined the war, the simple maths would still be against the UPN side of this war...

... and considering that the leaders of NG don't really like Polaris at all... and would LOVE to have a war with Polaris, then if we joined the war, it would proably mean for the UPN that the war will be LONGER for them just because NG would probably delay the peace conversations just to fight Polaris for a longer time.

So I don't see the point for the UPN to request the help of Polaris right now in the way that YOU want it to happen.

I think I am explaining you something that you already know though.

@RandomInterrupt:
Someone told me that you hinted to UPN that you would rather not be dragged into this war.
[/quote]

Someone told me that you want to see Polaris getting curbstomped...
Someone told me that Polaris has no problem in fighting wars against the odds since we already did it several times and we are still here.
Someone told me that right now you are feeling depressed and sad because of us.
Someone told me that I don't specially feel sorry for you.
Someone told me that we don't care about what someone told you.