UPN Statement

TECUMSEH

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317569017' post='2813875']
The bolded is wrong. Had an ally been hit, Pacifica would have responded with a declaration of war; Pacifica was hit for various reasons, not backing an ally is not one of them.
[/quote]

Fark declared on NATO, NPO did not intervene despite a MDP

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Robster83' timestamp='1317569447' post='2813877']
What part of "we $%&@ed up" do you not comprehend?
[/quote]

The part where your allies press the issue anyway, Admin knows what (and whom) for. You wanna ask irritated questions, talk to Haf.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317561115' post='2813819']
they wasnt provided with the battle reports
[/quote]

On the contrary, my young rebel, it was clearly [i]they[/i] who [i]provided[/i] the battle reports (a member of UPN being the attacker, and all that). But I can understand why he would be embarrassed to provide detailed evidence of his shocking lack of common sense.

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1317573150' post='2813907']
On the contrary, my young rebel, it was clearly [i]they[/i] who [i]provided[/i] the battle reports (a member of UPN being the attacker, and all that). But I can understand why he would be embarrassed to provide detailed evidence of his shocking lack of common sense.
[/quote]
In the short confides that the negotiations were in-progress, I do not believe the nation who attacked was even around at the time.

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='WingEater' timestamp='1317570141' post='2813888']
Fark declared on NATO, NPO did not intervene despite a MDP
[/quote]
January 24, 2011 - [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693"]DoomHouse Declares War on the New Pacific Order[/url]

February 5, 2011 - [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98242"]FARK Declares War on NATO in Support of Sparta[/url]

Note that no where in Archon's post does it state that he saw the future and was declaring war on Pacifica for not supporting NATO after being declared on by FARK.

Pacifica had been engaged with DoomHouse for 12 days. NATO was supporting other allies.
Pacifica had no obligation to support NATO; NATO was obligated to support Pacifica.

Anyway, UPN's allies are under no obligation to support them. I will grant that if UPN was on the big side of the treaty web they would have support and if NG was on the small side they would have settled for the $6mil reps. Vantage point brings out courage one day and meekness the next day.

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1317499916' post='2813468']
Maybe you guys should just declare world peace? Lol What would Bob do without Polaris?
[/quote]

I have my own theory.

[OOC]
I have to use an "OOC expression", so please don't report this post since I'm just doing it for the lack of a better "IC expression":
[b]CN is a game about Polaris.[/b]
[/OOC]

You may love us or hate us, but Bob without us can't exist and you'll be lost!!! (You know it's true).

Having said such thing, the ones who complain about what the UPN decided... just answer this question:
Would the situation of the UPN be BETTER or WORST is Polaris joined the war right now?

Don't answer in an "ethical" way, just be very practical... and you'll find out.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1317556679' post='2813809']
Seems our estimate was more than correct as others have pointed out. It's not our fault UPN can't do basic math.
[/quote]
You didn't give an estimate. You just said "We want 30M."

This for a nation that isn't even at 5K infra yet.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1317561115' post='2813819']
Whether your estimate was correct or not, they wasnt provided with the battle reports and math, which from the looks of it NG didnt have. But instead it was a blind estimate off NS loss, so they counter-offered with an other blind estimate.

So both parties ended up seeming to insult each other, due to stab in the dark reperation amounts...
[/quote]
Yep. UPN should have said "Give us the battle reports, we'll work out the reps amount from there."

Triple damages means the targeted nation would have suffered in the region of 10M of damage. Yeah, that's easy to imagine... if it had like 12K infra.