A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289449772' post='2510086']
I back my government. Even if they make mistakes. I'm not sure why you guys are surprised by this either.

Anyway, I know I said I was gone, but I wanted to drop back in on the thread that HoT won't let die and note that Heggo requested 3m50t sent to Heft as a result of the spying incident that occurred. I've agreed, and notified my treasury. The payment should be made shortly.

Cheers.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I cannot blame you for supporting your members. I would know a thing or two about backing up friends even when they are wrong, but if I had the power I would have likely in those situations have made amends to the wronged party and made sure it would not have happened again. But still, I do understand where you are coming from.

As for the spy operation, I am glad to see that a solution was reached. Thank you.[/color]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289446192' post='2510020']And just so things are fair, I'll pose a question for anyone from MK to answer: If the situation was reversed and NSO asking for 15m/250t, what would your response have been?

Again, I ask these for my own benefit, to discern my own opinion.
[/quote]

to be completely honest, i think replies would have been the same. MK got slammed by even former close treaty partners, whether cancellations left a sour taste in their mouth i'm not sure but it still says something imo

in fact, if NSO was the one who was doing the extorting i think they would have faced 3x more of a backlash and a DoW for even attempting such an act

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1289446668' post='2510030']
Suddenly giving them less than 24 hours to pay it when such speedy payment was never part of the agreement makes this seem like MK is looking for a war here or trying to make an alliance do something they probably wouldn't agree to themselves.
[/quote]

it'd be interesting to see how uninvolved parties would react if there was a DoW...whether treaty partners would uphold their paper and fight or if they would back down and say "you $%&@ed up man" while trying for peace

also those who would be independent from treaties with involved parties actually jumping in would be a interesting sight as well

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1289439738' post='2509846']
And then RV corrected him and said it was chump change.
[/quote]

He said it in context of whole alliance not getting rolled instead. They've been rolled for far less.

[quote]So I took what I saw as a bargain. Fifteen million and some tech for the NSO's survival[/quote]

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289446659' post='2510029']
I agree, I'm just not convinced that the implication of war was so concrete. Maybe things looked different from your end, but I just don't see it.
[/quote]

Then, as you see it, what was the implication?

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289441503' post='2509878']
Meh...\m/ got accused of a far larger extortion plot against Legion in 2007.

No, there was a right way to handle this by NSO. Discretely, firmly, and without giving MK anything and no attack would have resulted.

It wasn't handled that way.
[/quote]
This coming from the alliance that hopped into peace mode on Xiph's words :rolleyes:

Unprecedented extortion for a broken trade circle.

Sometimes, the people arguing for a particular position I believe actually cause me to lose faith in that belief.

This is one such case.

In this case, I am inclined to be on the "side" (if you can call it a side) of NSO. The reps were advantageously taken by an alliance in a politically superior position from an alliance with far less political clout. But seeing that position argued so [i]poorly[/i] makes me ashamed to even consider such thoughts...

[quote name='quigon jinn' timestamp='1289454414' post='2510146']
Sometimes, the people arguing for a particular position I believe actually cause me to lose faith in that belief.

This is one such case.

In this case, I am inclined to be on the "side" (if you can call it a side) of NSO. The reps were advantageously taken by an alliance in a politically superior position from an alliance with far less political clout. But seeing that position argued so [i]poorly[/i] makes me ashamed to even consider such thoughts...
[/quote]
Eh, since MK pulled out of this thread it has gone downhill drastically. It's become an echo chamber for people to bash MK without knowing/caring about this situation, which doesn't help anything. If you want some well articulated and reasonable arguments from the NSO side, go back to the start of this thread, or around 10 pages back. It's hard to argue well against 'Do something about it' or 'haterz gunna hate' from MK protectorates.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289452081' post='2510122']
If you can't see why posts like "You are irrelevant and I don't care about what you think" made this place worse I can't help you, but I'll give you a tip: if you don't care, don't post.
[/quote]

I don't care [i]what he thinks[/i] (nobody does, but I digress ...). I do care that his endless stream of inane posts turn a 15 page thread of adult conversation regarding my alliance into a 50 page thread of 25% adult conversation, 10% his ignorance on display, and 60% people trying to explain why his posts are painfully ill informed, so that people trying to make a good faith effort to figure out what actually went on can do so.

Off the top of my head, if he doesn't like me mocking him, he could stop saying stupid things in order to get attention. I'm sure there are other alternatives, but I assure you, this is the best one.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1289461011' post='2510240']
wow... i'm actually kind of glad MK cancelled their treaty with us... i'd hate to feel obligated to defend something like this.
[/quote]
I think a few alliances have been thinking this. [IMG]http://imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

wow... i'm actually kind of glad MK cancelled their treaty with us... i'd hate to feel obligated to defend something like this.
[/quote]

I don't know about NV but i'm sure glad you're not in the allied alliances membership base anymore.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289454244' post='2510142']
This coming from the alliance that hopped into peace mode on Xiph's words :rolleyes: [/quote]

If that's all you got out of that incident, you just failed your military science exam.

[quote]Unprecedented extortion for a broken trade circle.[/quote]

Never said the request for reparations was even remotely reasonable...what caused me to facepalm is that NSO actually took it seriously. As I said, there was a right way to go about fixing this and it wasn't done.

Perhaps the best response to all this if you find MK's policies objectionable is to forbid your alliance's member nations from doing trade circles with them, or better yet simply not trade with MK nations at all. When MK finds that its members are having trouble completing trade circles or simple 1 to 1 trades outside the alliance, alliance government policy will by necessity change.

The surest sign I've seen to date that Planet Bob just might be making it's last rotation around the Digital Sun, is that more than one person took the time to create signature banners to whine about $15 million dollars in reparations over a botched trade circle. The "What the hell? We might as well try; we've got nothing better to do," distended attempts at false equivalency (one part droll, one part dismal) are kind of like an anemic global death rattle.

And it seems that nothing ever came of this. Figures.

Just for anyone in the future, if you're going to make the claim that so and so has until xx hour on xx day to do xx, and if they don't do xx by such a time that we're going to "do something about it" well, please actually do something about it before the deadline has come and gone. This chest thumping is boring to witness if you're not going to man up and actually back up your petty threats.

Edited by greenacres

[quote name='Darrenb209' timestamp='1289482729' post='2510361']
Did NSO ever pay?
[/quote]

It was paid about ten minutes after the OP.

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1289485062' post='2510376']

Just for anyone in the future, if you're going to make the claim that so and so has until xx hour on xx day to do xx, and if they don't do xx by such a time that we're going to "do something about it" well, please actually do something about it before the deadline has come and gone. This chest thumping is boring to witness if you're not going to man up and actually back up your petty threats.
[/quote]

Okay then.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289445716' post='2510017']
I don't think you realize that Archon just spent the last of his credibility on this one. He came up really short, too.
[/quote]
Funny coming from a guy that never had any credibility.

[quote name='uaciaut' timestamp='1289473996' post='2510310']
I don't know about NV but i'm sure glad you're not in the allied alliances membership base anymore.
[/quote]
I like Hizzy :(

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1289485062' post='2510376']

[/quote]

Just for anyone in the future, if you're going to get all pissy about an alliance not FULFILLING THEIR WORD you might want to check to see if, you know, maybe their "xx" was fulfilled and therefore they won't be "doing something about it". Next time actually read before you post.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289445259' post='2510004']
How exactly is playing the log card working for him right now? <_<

I'm not convinced of anything regarding NSO, except that they have proven yet again they are an easy mark. MK is merely being MK--arrogant, behaving badly, and then getting Archon to come out and sprinkle his magic credibility powder all over everything and make MK's actions smell better. Therefore my opinion certainly hasn't changed of them, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.
[/quote]

He's spawned ~100 pages of discussion. Which is probably what he wanted. And a lot of people do not agree with MK's actions in this situation (even a few of their known supporters).

And I have a feeling RV's purpose wasn't to make NSO look good, which is almost an impossible task, but to make MK look bad. And according to your own post he appears to have succeeded.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289482635' post='2510360']
The surest sign I've seen to date that Planet Bob just might be making it's last rotation around the Digital Sun, is that more than one person took the time to create signature banners to whine about $15 million dollars in reparations over a botched trade circle. The "What the hell? We might as well try; we've got nothing better to do," distended attempts at false equivalency (one part droll, one part dismal) are kind of like an anemic global death rattle.
[/quote]You are far more insane than I could ever hope to be, buddy.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1289486294' post='2510381']
Funny coming from a guy that never had any credibility.

I like Hizzy :(
[/quote]

seems a lot of people only like me when i'm agreeing with them.

it's almost ironic.

[/quote]

Friendship is friendship, regardless of the fact that friends might do silly things from time to time. Friendship is not about strategy or power or PR or right or wrong. It is about liking people.

*cough*

:P

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1289492197' post='2510422']
Friendship is friendship, regardless of the fact that friends might do silly things from time to time. Friendship is not about strategy or power or PR or right or wrong. It is about liking people.

*cough*

:P
[/quote]

and i'm fine with that. if you notice, i said "something like this", not "people like them".

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289482635' post='2510360']
[/quote]

Do you know that your beloved protectors, those who you are trying to mindless defend even when their leader already admitted that what they did was wrong used to do sigs to mock people for less than this right? So stop to being hypocritical, this just make that signatures like the one I'm wearing look even more funny.