A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1289443521' post='2509949']
No, not that.

I meant in the sense of you saying that war wouldn't have happened after those discussions if RV outright refused.
[/quote]
There were several things that show otherwise. He could have put forth a more reasonable number and judged by their response. Hell, he could have just asked "are lebubu/Archon behind you in this?" And as I believe was said earlier, previous government members spoken to had refused and MK hadn't declared then. If everyone had just slowed down and walked through the proper steps, we'd probably not been talking right now.

But again, RV was (likely) more interested in getting a shot at MK than peacefully resolving the situation to the satisfaction of all parties. Either that or he simply didn't see the options available to him, which I find hard to believe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289446192' post='2510020']
I'm not parroting anything - I'm asking a question for my own benefit. I was fairly sure I already knew the answer, but as I couldn't remember you answering that specific one yet, I wanted to provide you a chance to answer in your own words.

Let me pose another question, that I'm certain has not been yet asked, and hopefully it will pass your criteria for deserving an answer. If MK had originally asked for 3m in compensation from the beginning, would you have responded in the same way?

And just so things are fair, I'll pose a question for anyone from MK to answer: If the situation was reversed and NSO asking for 15m/250t, what would your response have been?

Again, I ask these for my own benefit, to discern my own opinion.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Asking three million to cover for a scam isn't too absurd. I'd likely to have agreed and paid it then and there. However, using private channels to try and strong arm us with the implication of war is far from being reasonable.[/color]

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289446293' post='2510023']Either that or he simply didn't see the options available to him, which I find hard to believe.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The options presented were pay up or die. Based on the reception Pippy and Yev gave me, I had no reason to assume that further discussions with MK would have accomplished anything.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289446192' post='2510020']
And just so things are fair, I'll pose a question for anyone from MK to answer: If the situation was reversed and NSO asking for 15m/250t, what would your response have been?
[/quote]
MK can't answer this, at least not accurately or fairly. They are in a sufficient position to negotiate. NSO was not. And remember the last time NSO got a curbie, RoK didn't even let them negotiate. NSO has been made into the People's Punching Bag[sup]TM[/sup], so forgive them for not reading MK's mind and magically knowing that MK wanted to 'negotiate' (Which, in all honestly, I highly doubt that is anything more than a cover story at best.)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289446445' post='2510026']
[color="#0000FF"]Asking three million to cover for a scam isn't too absurd. I'd likely to have agreed and paid it then and there. However, using private channels to try and strong arm us with the implication of war is far from being reasonable.[/color]
[/quote]
I agree, I'm just not convinced that the implication of war was so concrete. Maybe things looked different from your end, but I just don't see it.

Suddenly giving them less than 24 hours to pay it when such speedy payment was never part of the agreement makes this seem like MK is looking for a war here or trying to make an alliance do something they probably wouldn't agree to themselves.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289446592' post='2510027']
MK can't answer this, at least not accurately or fairly. They are in a sufficient position to negotiate. NSO was not. And remember the last time NSO got a curbie, RoK didn't even let them negotiate. NSO has been made into the People's Punching Bag[sup]TM[/sup], so forgive them for not reading MK's mind and magically knowing that MK wanted to 'negotiate' (Which, in all honestly, I highly doubt that is anything more than a cover story at best.)
[/quote]

You are impossible to work with. Fine, we'll try and come up with a different penalty scheme for violations of our trademarked trolling.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289446592' post='2510027']
[/quote]
That is literally irrelevant to what I wanted to know. But thanks for trying.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289429970' post='2509713']
Hey, Archon found the reps a bit high but RV found them perfect. Chump change, even. You can claim that they were too high, sure, but your side can't say that they're too high and yet, at the same time, call them chump change.

Also, if we're going to face a massive "Karmaic" war because of 15m and if that's the best you have, I think it will be a long time coming. Good thing is I'll finally be able to buy a WRC, I guess.
[/quote]

nso was killed for less if you remember :awesome:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289445616' post='2510015']
I find these replies hilarious. Either of you two alliances could have gained a ton of PR by waiving the reps. Instead, the first we hear of your alliances is you jeering the parties MK just finished extorting, waiving their stolen property around in their face.

You know, I was in your position once. I did this crap to STA in a different era. It's something that, with maturity, I've come to deeply regret. Unfortunately, I don't suspect MK is that great at teaching maturity.

I know I won't forget this anytime soon.
[/quote]

Who is this imbecile who speaks to me as though I might value his opinion?

[b]tl;dr:[/b]
[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/Kilberg1/Double%20Takes/bGjfANdAGj9t1y81lIVqe3uKo1_500.gif[/img]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289446659' post='2510029']
I agree, I'm just not convinced that the implication of war was so concrete. [b]Maybe things looked different from your end[/b], but I just don't see it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I think you just answered your question. As committed and loyal as our allies are, they couldn't guarantee our safety. MK still has a great deal of political power and friends even without all of its treaties, and the NSO over the last year hasn't done itself any favors. We've made a great deal of enemies who wouldn't mind rolling us for even the most flimsy of reasons. Again, we did ourselves no favors stepping on all the toes we did for no reason. But yes, as I was saying, we would have been rolled and soundly defeated even if our allies did come in. I felt it simply wasn't worth it for this.[/color]

[quote name='Roi Loup' timestamp='1289446875' post='2510035']
nso was killed for less if you remember :awesome:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't think that's happen. As annoyed as I was with RoK, they did have a valid CB, and the NSO didn't make negotiations for peace easy with Fark et. al. But yes, you are right in that we could be rolled for next to nothing. Our past actions have not done us any favors.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289447109' post='2510037']

[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/Kilberg1/Double%20Takes/bGjfANdAGj9t1y81lIVqe3uKo1_500.gif[/img]
[/quote]It's your loss, little guy. I've been around for a long time and I'm watching you make the same mistakes I made back in the day. But I'm not surprised to see you scoff at my advice. Dismayed, but not surprised.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289445616' post='2510015']
I find these replies hilarious. Either of you two alliances could have gained a ton of PR by waiving the reps. Instead, the first we hear of your alliances is you jeering the parties MK just finished extorting, waiving their stolen property around in their face.

You know, I was in your position once. I did this crap to STA in a different era. It's something that, with maturity, I've come to deeply regret. Unfortunately, I don't suspect MK is that great at teaching maturity.

I know I won't forget this anytime soon.
[/quote]

Well sir, I question the value of such "PR" we would be gaining. Any terms such as "extortion" or "stolen" are disputable at best.
It solely applies to how you look interpret the situation, and as there are already 50+ pages of repetitious discussion of everyone's opinion, I believe my actions are certainly acceptable.

Also, I doubt you know me or my alliance. However, I have heard of you and I can't say any of it was that good. I choose to keep my tongue in my mouth and not spout secondhand information, though. You have the right to your opinions, and I have the right to disagree with them.

I also hope you don't forget me, as I surely won't forget you.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289448427' post='2510058']
It's your loss, little guy. I've been around for a long time and I'm watching you make the same mistakes I made back in the day. But I'm not surprised to see you scoff at my advice. Dismayed, but not surprised.
[/quote]

You know, typically, when someone offers advice ... it's because they've actually accomplished something previously ... or are respected ... or have demonstrated knowledge or competence. It's not often you get advice on how to run your operation from someone who is generally regarded as the worst nation owner on Planet Bob.

I'll pass, but thanks.*

[size="1"]*and by [i]thanks[/i], I mean "Nobody cares what you think. You are cordially invited to go back in the corner and try not to embarrass yourself, as difficult a task as that seems to be."[/size]

It's your loss, little guy. I've been around for a long time and I'm watching you make the same mistakes I made back in the day. But I'm not surprised to see you scoff at my advice. Dismayed, but not surprised.
[/quote]

We here at alchemy really appreciate your condescending attitude. Believe it or not you are not the second coming. I know this will come as a shock to you, but NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK. :rolleyes:

Edited by James III

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289446445' post='2510026']
[color="#0000FF"]The options presented were pay up or die. Passed on the reception Pippy and Yev gave me, I had no reason to assume that further discussions with MK would have accomplished anything.[/color]
[/quote]
So you just didn't see your options then, okay.

I back my government. Even if they make mistakes. I'm not sure why you guys are surprised by this either.

Anyway, I know I said I was gone, but I wanted to drop back in on the thread that HoT won't let die and note that Heggo requested 3m50t sent to Heft as a result of the spying incident that occurred. I've agreed, and notified my treasury. The payment should be made shortly.

Cheers.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1289368358' post='2509068']
As a neutral observer I couldn't help but notice that MK would have easy won in the end should it have gotten violent.
[/quote]

In this case? No doubt, but as we've seen before you pile it on enough, and lose enough support, even the mightiest can fall. MK certainly hasn't gone that far yet but they may want to reevaluate their approach.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289447109' post='2510037']

[/quote]

Classy response: You are irrelevant and I don't care about you but nonetheless I waste my time quoting a post of yours.

I expected better from you Krack.

[/quote]
I'm having a hard time believing you could even extort quarters from a change machine. Regardless, you're reading far too much into this.

[quote name='James III' timestamp='1289449122' post='2510074']
We here at alchemy really appreciate your condescending attitude. Believe it or not you are not the second coming. I know this will come as a shock to you, but NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK. :rolleyes:
[/quote]Actually, I sort of am the second coming. Since 95 days ago.

[quote]I back my government. Even if they make mistakes. I'm not sure why you guys are surprised by this either.

Anyway, I know I said I was gone, but I wanted to drop back in on the thread that HoT won't let die and note that Heggo requested 3m50t sent to Heft as a result of the spying incident that occurred. I've agreed, and notified my treasury. The payment should be made shortly.

Cheers.[/quote]Because I'm the only one posting in this thread :rolleyes:

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289451797' post='2510119']
Why? I've never missed an opportunity to state the blatantly obvious before; why would I stop doing so now?
[/quote]

If you can't see why posts like "You are irrelevant and I don't care about what you think" made this place worse I can't help you, but I'll give you a tip: if you don't care, don't post.