A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1289439258' post='2509841']
Extortion. Now THERES a fun word. 15m/250tech is chump change and everyone here knows it. 1 nation could easily send that out and recover from it within a few weeks. (Counting tech. The money would take a day.) This is not "unprecedented extortion" in any way, shape, or form. It is a minuscule amount (As admitted by RV himself) and people need to get over it. Now it probably could have been handled better but this is not a bigger alliance making a smaller alliance give it everything it has, its a alliance who had some large nations have a cycle messed up because a member of a smaller alliance decided to scoop the money and run. So we tried to get some reps for lost revenue (Which are admitted to be small) and here we are after RV decided that even though the reps were "chump change" that he should raise a massive stink about paying them.
[/quote]

It's not the amount you take, it's how you take it that makes it extortion.

But also for this situation that is an extremely high amount, way too high, your King has admitted it was too high.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extortion. Now THERES a fun word. 15m/250tech is chump change and everyone here knows it. 1 nation could easily send that out and recover from it within a few weeks. (Counting tech. The money would take a day.) This is not "unprecedented extortion" in any way, shape, or form. It is a minuscule amount (As admitted by RV himself) and people need to get over it. Now it probably could have been handled better but this is not a bigger alliance making a smaller alliance give it everything it has, its a alliance who had some large nations have a cycle messed up because a member of a smaller alliance decided to scoop the money and run. So we tried to get some reps for lost revenue (Which are admitted to be small) and here we are after RV decided that even though the reps were "chump change" that he should raise a massive stink about paying them.
[/quote]

The point is not that the amount is devastatingly large. The point is that you demanded, under clearly implied threat of negative repercussions if the demand was not acceded to, unheard of reps for a situation in which alliance reps are virtually never requested. You swaggered in, told NSO to pay tribute for a situation that was none of their doing and for which your own nations were partially culpable (due to their own apparent incompetence) and insinuated that the penalty for nonpayment would be severe.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1289439620' post='2509843']
It's not the amount you take, it's how you take it that makes it extortion.

But also for this situation that is an extremely high amount, way too high, your King has admitted it was too high.
[/quote]

And then RV corrected him and said it was chump change. Again, it could have been handled better but NSO is not paying an arm and a leg here. An NSO member stole some money from MK, and MK wanted reps instead of trying to find someone in the range to go kick his ass.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1289439738' post='2509846']
And then RV corrected him and said it was chump change. Again, it could have been handled better but NSO is not paying an arm and a leg here. An NSO member stole some money from MK, and MK wanted reps instead of trying to find someone in the range to go kick his ass.
[/quote]

Actually an NSO member didn't steal money, an ex-member ghosting the AA stole the money. Something the NSO had no knowledge or control over. I also have an extremely hard time believing that say...GOONS wouldn't have happily had 3 nations all over the guy 10 seconds after MK asked.

I am pretty sure RV was saying that 15/250 is chump change in the overall scheme of things, but he also said it was an outrageous amount for this particular situation. As has pretty much everyone besides most rank and file MK members and some others who absolutely hate NSO, they've merely said it was okay because it happened to NSO and not someone they like.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1289422882' post='2509611']
See, this is a case where Alterego flubbed his remark and wound up lobbing the ball to you, giving you plenty of time to set up a return from any angle you wanted. Instead you took your racket and hit yourself in the face.

Is MK just bored and looking for a new challenge by turning their much vaunted propaganda machine against themselves? The level of competent spin control going on has shot so far down I expect it to pop out of Dilber's floor any minute now. Get your act together.
[/quote]

Hey, I needed a new propoganda machine. Mine was broken. Thanks for stopping it Delta :(

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1289437516' post='2509819']
C'mon, Locke. You're really reaching now.
[/quote]
Reaching for what, exactly? If you mean "to defend MK," that'd be comedic on several levels.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289438275' post='2509827']
You know full well this entire episode on MK's part is bull. All you are is a yes man. Use real reasoning and speak the truth.

RV didn't need to specifically say 3m. That is not the point. The point of this entire thing is unprecedented extortion.
[/quote]

Meh...\m/ got accused of a far larger extortion plot against Legion in 2007.

No, there was a right way to handle this by NSO. Discretely, firmly, and without giving MK anything and no attack would have resulted.

It wasn't handled that way.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289438275' post='2509827']
You know full well this entire episode on MK's part is bull. All you are is a yes man. Use real reasoning and speak the truth.

RV didn't need to specifically say 3m. That is not the point. The point of this entire thing is unprecedented extortion.
[/quote]
Let RV answer his own questions. It's really straightforward.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1289441619' post='2509884']
Let RV answer his own questions. It's really straightforward.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I've already answered your and everyone's question on at least fifty different pages. I'd say I've been more than generous addressing your concerns. When you have something more substantial to say than the same old parroted lines, please, let me know.[/color]

Extortion. Now THERES a fun word. 15m/250tech is chump change and everyone here knows it. [b]1 nation could easily send that out and recover from it within a few weeks[/b]. (Counting tech. The money would take a day.) This is not "unprecedented extortion" in any way, shape, or form. It is a minuscule amount (As admitted by RV himself) and people need to get over it. Now it probably could have been handled better but this is not a bigger alliance making a smaller alliance give it everything it has, its a alliance who had some large nations have a cycle messed up because a member of a smaller alliance decided to scoop the money and run. So we tried to get some reps for lost revenue (Which are admitted to be small) and here we are after RV decided that even though the reps were "chump change" that he should raise a massive stink about paying them.
[/quote]
Not every nation. :P

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289378555' post='2509209']
However, in the interests of philanthropy, we will be donating the $15 million to an alliance of our choosing.

[b][color="#000080"]*opens the phone book ... looking ... looking*[/color][/b]

Alchemy, come on down! [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=aloha"]You're the winner of $15 million crisp new dongs[/url]. Thank NSO's inability to keep their membership list accurate.
[/quote]
That is quite the generous offer, thank you. :D Or should I be thanking NSO? :awesome:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1289440823' post='2509865']
Reaching for what, exactly? If you mean "to defend MK," that'd be comedic on several levels.
[/quote]

No, not that.

I meant in the sense of you saying that war wouldn't have happened after those discussions if RV outright refused.

[/quote]

You're right, 15m is chump change. 3m is one fifth of that. Why couldn't you guys just "get over it" and move on? :smug:

/me goes back to his popcorn.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289441503' post='2509878']

No, there was a right way to handle this by NSO. Discretely, firmly, and without giving MK anything and no attack would have resulted.

[/quote]
Agreed entirely. If NSO had just told MK "no" flat out I doubt anything would have resulted from it. There's no way MK's high officials would have okayed going to war with a whole alliance over this. But, NSO being NSO, they have to turn everything into an OWF martyrdom blood-pissing contest.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289367195' post='2509055']
Oh is that a fact? Please, don't leave me waiting for you to back up your words. Step up son.
[/quote]

I apologize, I seemed to believe that Archon posted logs in his first Karma topic. I was mistaken, I apologize. The logs were actually posted in the NPO DoW on OV which Archon later makes commentary on said logs in the Karma topic. If no logs were posted do you think he wouldn't have posted any logs to back up his position?

However, that does not make your belief that logs should not be posted any more valid. RV, did not like what he perceived as extortion and brought the logs to the community. Should he have merely shut up?

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289378555' post='2509209']
On behalf of Aloha, we're keeping it. Not because we need it or even because we want it, mostly because ...

1. It was NSO's fault in the first place, and they kind of suck anyway,
2. Rebel Virginia intentionally went about things the wrong way, and
3. HeroofTime55 spent 40 pages offering opinions that interest nobody and generally mucking up things so it was difficult to find the posts with actual merit.

However, in the interests of philanthropy, we will be donating the $15 million to an alliance of our choosing.

[b][color="#000080"]*opens the phone book ... looking ... looking*[/color][/b]

Alchemy, come on down! [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=aloha"]You're the winner of $15 million crisp new dongs[/url]. Thank NSO's inability to keep their membership list accurate.
[/quote]

Alchemy wishes to convey our gratitude to Aloha (for the humbling donation), MK (We :wub: you guys), and most of all, NSO.
Without you, this would truely not be possible. :D

Edited by King John Philos Vi

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289441503' post='2509878']

[/quote]
Excuse me but wtf are you doing.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289443875' post='2509966']
However, that does not make your belief that logs should not be posted any more valid. RV, did not like what he perceived as extortion and brought the logs to the community. Should he have merely shut up?
[/quote]

How exactly is playing the log card working for him right now? <_<

I'm not convinced of anything regarding NSO, except that they have proven yet again they are an easy mark. MK is merely being MK--arrogant, behaving badly, and then getting Archon to come out and sprinkle his magic credibility powder all over everything and make MK's actions smell better. Therefore my opinion certainly hasn't changed of them, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.

[quote name='King John Philos Vi' timestamp='1289444028' post='2509971']
Alchemy wishes to convey our gratitude to Aloha (for the humbling donation), MK (We :wub: you guys), and most of all, NSO.
Without you, this would truely not be possible. :D
[/quote]

[quote name='MetalJoe' timestamp='1289444367' post='2509982']
o7 Aloha! May you live long and conquer!

Also, brown = poop.
[/quote]

I find these replies hilarious. Either of you two alliances could have gained a ton of PR by waiving the reps. Instead, the first we hear of your alliances is you jeering the parties MK just finished extorting, waiving their stolen property around in their face.

You know, I was in your position once. I did this crap to STA in a different era. It's something that, with maturity, I've come to deeply regret. Unfortunately, I don't suspect MK is that great at teaching maturity.

I know I won't forget this anytime soon.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1289445259' post='2510004']
How exactly is playing the log card working for him right now? <_<

I'm not convinced of anything regarding NSO, except that they have proven yet again they are an easy mark. MK is merely being MK--arrogant, behaving badly, and then getting Archon to come out and sprinkle his magic credibility powder all over everything and make MK's actions smell better. Therefore my opinion certainly hasn't changed of them, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.
[/quote]I don't think you realize that Archon just spent the last of his credibility on this one. He came up really short, too.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289445616' post='2510015']
I find these replies hilarious. Either of you two alliances could have gained a ton of PR by waiving the reps. Instead, the first we hear of your alliances is you jeering the parties MK just finished extorting, waiving their stolen property around in their face.

You know, I was in your position once. I did this crap to STA in a different era. It's something that, with maturity, I've come to deeply regret. Unfortunately, I don't suspect MK is that great at teaching maturity.

[/quote]

I'm going to kindly ask you to refrain from posting any further as it is interfering with our investigation into how much you owe us for copyright violations as per our posting [sup]tm[/sup]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289442256' post='2509912']
[color="#0000FF"]I've already answered your and everyone's question on at least fifty different pages. I'd say I've been more than generous addressing your concerns. When you have something more substantial to say than the same old parroted lines, please, let me know.[/color]
[/quote]
I'm not parroting anything - I'm asking a question for my own benefit. I was fairly sure I already knew the answer, but as I couldn't remember you answering that specific one yet, I wanted to provide you a chance to answer in your own words.

Let me pose another question, that I'm certain has not been yet asked, and hopefully it will pass your criteria for deserving an answer. If MK had originally asked for 3m in compensation from the beginning, would you have responded in the same way?

And just so things are fair, I'll pose a question for anyone from MK to answer: If the situation was reversed and NSO asking for 15m/250t, what would your response have been?

Again, I ask these for my own benefit, to discern my own opinion.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289445616' post='2510015']

[/quote]

If we want to be preached at we'll go to church. Umaky pumpkin?