A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1289520256' post='2510721']
do not be mad, those horrendous propaganda are made to keep people like you going, with out people like myself, all you would do is rot, we can not have that now can we, after all you joined goons for a reason, to be hated why else would a kind person like Sir William join GOONs ?, maybe you wish to feel what it will be like to disband, we know goons love to do that now don't we.
[/quote]
I don't know about SirWilliam, but i chose GOONS for the reasonable rates, timely turndown service and the legendary continental breakfasts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1289520256' post='2510721']
do not be mad, those horrendous propaganda are made to keep people like you going, with out people like myself, all you would do is rot, we can not have that now can we, after all you joined goons for a reason, to be hated why else would a kind person like Sir William join GOONs ?, maybe you wish to feel what it will be like to disband, we know goons love to do that now don't we.
[/quote]

I'd say we've beaten you into some kind of mental retardation, but I'm not sure how far above it you were to begin with.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1289525966' post='2510801']
Why does it matter?

I should be pretty clearly not a supporter of the guy, but that has no impact on his statement.
[/quote]
I didn't say it mattered and I didn't say his short time makes his statement have less impact.

I asked who he was before. It is a simple question. Generally, a 3 month old nation does not know much histories unless they dive into the wiki. The question was simple enough. Should be easy to answer if he chooses to reveal his old self. Maybe he was someone famous.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289532180' post='2510870']
I didn't say it mattered and I didn't say his short time makes his statement have less impact.

I asked who he was before. It is a simple question. Generally, a 3 month old nation does not know much histories unless they dive into the wiki. The question was simple enough. Should be easy to answer if he chooses to reveal his old self. Maybe he was someone famous.
[/quote]

He was and is, famous. I can understand how you don't know who he is, you spend your whole time going look at me look at me...

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1289516008' post='2510675']
If you notice the sigs more closely, you'll observe they're not a 'whine' ...
[/quote]

Make no mistake - it's whining. It's saying "This existence on Planet Bob is soooo boring now that my alliance has zero ability to unilaterally (politically or militarily) enact changes. I can't believe I'm stuck in this situation." They are 200x400 pixel pronouncements of discontent with the creator's position in the global hierarchy. That they tend to belong to people who used to be astronomically higher in that hierarchy, doesn't make it any less of a moan; it just makes it funny.

[b]EDIT: [/b]Don't feel bad, in a year or so, SFs and C&G will go after each other out of sheer boredom (and stupidity). And then six months after that, your side will have secured an overwhelming military advantage over whichever side won and you can go wipe them out and effectively end Cybernations. Just be patient, you get to win.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1289533912' post='2510899']
He was and is, famous. I can understand how you don't know who he is, you spend your whole time going look at me look at me...
[/quote]
As famous as you? Bipolar too?

If he is famous then good for him. If I at some point I care to find out on my own I will, prolly not though.

Your statement towards me is utterly stupid Grub. Don't act like you know me.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289532180' post='2510870']

[/quote]
Let me introduce you to a little something called "tact."
Tactful (via query/PM):
Hey, you seem to be knowledgable about the history here, you ruled a nation before? Mind telling me the old name you used?
Untactful (on the OWF):
I KNOW YOU'RE A REROLL, TELL ME NOOOOOOWWWWW!

Hint: one method is much more likely to get answers than the other.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289535070' post='2510917']
Make no mistake - it's whining. It's saying "This existence on Planet Bob is soooo boring now that my alliance has zero ability to unilaterally (politically or militarily) enact changes. I can't believe I'm stuck in this situation." They are 200x400 pixel pronouncements of discontent with the creator's position in the global hierarchy. That they tend to belong to people who used to be astronomically higher in that hierarchy, doesn't make it any less of a moan; it just makes it funny.

[b]EDIT: [/b]Don't feel bad, in a year or so, SFs and C&G will go after each other out of sheer boredom (and stupidity). And then six months after that, your side will have secured an overwhelming military advantage over whichever side won and you can go wipe them out and effectively end Cybernations. Just be patient, you get to win.
[/quote]Someone get this man a straitjacket.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289535070' post='2510917']
They are 200x400 pixel pronouncements of discontent with the creator's position in the global hierarchy. That they tend to belong to people who used to be astronomically higher in that hierarchy, doesn't make it any less of a moan; it just makes it funny. [/quote]

That's Bob's definition of Propaganda.

[quote]
[b]Just be patient, you get to win.
[/quote]
Cheers.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1289537288' post='2510950']
That's Bob's definition of Propaganda.
[/quote]

Not to get off topic, but not all propaganda is whining. In fact, most of it is not. For example, this wonderful piece of war propaganda was simply a two man alliance openly making fun of the second largest alliance in the game right before it got decimated (in a war of its own choosing).

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/wateriron-1.gif[/img]

No whining there. Just mocking. You only really get the whiny propaganda when an influential alliance (or an influential alliance's toady friend) gets knocked off its pedestal and craves its former position of influence, but cannot figure out how to express their discontent in a humorous fashion.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289538344' post='2510962']
Not to get off topic, but not all propaganda is whining. In fact, most of it is not. For example, this wonderful piece of war propaganda was simply a two man alliance openly making fun of the second largest alliance in the game right before it got decimated (in a war of its own choosing).

[img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/wateriron-1.gif[/img]

No whining there. Just mocking. You only really get the whiny propaganda when an influential alliance (or an influential alliance's toady friend) gets knocked off its pedestal and craves its former position of influence, but cannot figure out how to express their discontent in a humorous fashion.
[/quote]
Oh, I think I get it.

Krack can't tell it's funny because he's on the receiving end this time.

And since his mind can't comprehend that other people have opinions that differ from his own, he assumes the signatures are universally unfunny.

Well, at least, that's my theory.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1289526810' post='2510809']
Yes, if not for people like you I would rot. [i]Literally[/i].
[/quote]

To be fair at the rate we're all going regardless of what alliance we are in, and regardless of propoganda, planet Bob is getting boring and we are rotting away where threads like this are an upswing in things intersting. If you could start the much prophesized coming of the bad tech raid on the wrong alliance that would be great*

xoxo, SCY

[size="1"]*If the wrong alliance is MCXA I will be soooooooooo pissed.[/size]

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289539242' post='2510972']
Oh, I think I get it.

And since his mind can't comprehend that other people have opinions that differ from his own, he assumes the signatures are universally unfunny.

[/quote]

To be honest there was really just one piece of propaganda spawned from this that was any good, and it didn't quite make sense. Oh and someone gave us a new meme through their rather poorly conceived attempt at it. Meow.

[quote name='Arthur Blair' timestamp='1289540294' post='2510986']
To be honest there was really just one piece of propaganda spawned from this that was any good, and it didn't quite make sense. Oh and someone gave us a new meme through their rather poorly conceived attempt at it. Meow.
[/quote]

Well I am sure many on bob would understand, MK just need to remove their heads from Archon's behind in order to understand also. but this will never happen, It has gotten to the point, where no one knows where he ends and the rest of you begin, (now if you think about this just a little bit, you will understand the hidden meaning, if not then I'm done with you)

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1289533912' post='2510899']
[/quote]
Oh grub. Always have a way with words.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289539242' post='2510972']
Oh, I think I get it.

[/quote]

Quick question ... when you read my posts, do you do so with a dictionary in your lap? Or do you just guess at what the multiple syllable words mean (because looking them all up would take too long)? I'd be really disappointed if I found out the reason none or your posts have any sort of logical consistency is because you were just speculating on what words like [i]whining[/i] and [i]funny[/i] mean before crafting your detailed and well reasoned responses.

[b]EDIT:[/b]
On second thought, maybe I don't get it. Is this like some new avant-garde hipster "it's hilarious because it's so clearly uninteresting and demonstrates very little wit or effort" type of comedy that people with jobs don't know about yet?

[center]
FUNNY - providing fun; causing amusement or laughter; amusing; comical

[img]http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/2667/mkbawww.png[/img]

HILARIOUS - boisterously merry or cheerful

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/sy9vgj.png[/img]

AMUSING - causing laughter or mirth; humorously entertaining

[img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2650/24222565.gif[/img][/center]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1289546289' post='2511042']
Well I am sure many on bob would understand, MK just need to remove their heads from Archon's behind in order to understand also. but this will never happen, It has gotten to the point, where no one knows where he ends and the rest of you begin, (now if you think about this just a little bit, you will understand the hidden meaning, if not then I'm done with you)
[/quote]

I see you preemptively refused to explain a piece of propaganda that doesn't make sense on the grounds that I'm not worth it.

So ignoring you then, could anyone else explain the thing I've mangled in my sig? Especially the crying baby mario, I thought we were doing something completely different from crying. How is it defined in this new age of faux-moralism?

[quote name='Arthur Blair' timestamp='1289572158' post='2511134']
I see you preemptively refused to explain a piece of propaganda that doesn't make sense on the grounds that I'm not worth it.

So ignoring you then, could anyone else explain the thing I've mangled in my sig? Especially the crying baby mario, I thought we were doing something completely different from crying. How is it defined in this new age of faux-moralism?
[/quote]

Well to me, your sig just proves what everyone knows about MK, you are nothing more then a bunch of crying babies who run back to Archon when your about to get slapped.

I feel I understand your sig, I also approve nice to see someone in MK knows the truth, how ever a yellow back ground would be better.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1289454244' post='2510142']
This coming from the alliance that hopped into peace mode on Xiph's words :rolleyes:

Unprecedented extortion for a broken trade circle.
[/quote]
it wasnt xiphs words get your history straight or feel free to drop by for a history lesson.

I cant believe this is still on going. Let it die its run its course lets find some new fun drama.

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1289546841' post='2511046']
[b]EDIT:[/b]
On second thought, maybe I don't get it. Is this like some new avant-garde hipster "it's hilarious because it's so clearly uninteresting and demonstrates very little wit or effort" type of comedy that people with jobs don't know about yet?

-snip-

[/quote]

The last one [i]is[/i] hilarious. Are you telling me you didn't laugh about how absolutely pathetic and terrible it was?